Ck Vs Profile

sammerz

If you wanna spend like over 300 chris king but if you wanna keep the money lower profile, One is better than the other is some kind of ways but really its best too look at the price.

Just say money was no object, What hub is better? (Y)"

Sam

I think kings may well give you more trouble than a profile, so you might as well get a profile! I've never seen my brothers skip once whereas kings...well we know the story with those, (Nick Manning in an NBR Vid and Fletch in a TM vid I believe) don't know how they converted down to 20" bmx hubs though so may well be more reliable?

James :P

imo, the profile is a very maintenance free hub, just wack it on and leave it :P

whereas with kings, you have to service them every now and then, plus have to tighten the cones etc...

one of my friends kings is still coming lose after like a year! :P

im not saying a king is any worse on the engagement strength side of things, it just requires a bit more love.

oh and the axles in profiles dont snap :P"

having rode a chrisking on my stock and a profile on my mod, i noticed with the king that if it got a bit dusty or dirty it would skip, never skipped with my profile :P, Profile seems less hasstle and dont have to send it back to America if something breaks on it.

King, woooo. Ive been wanting one for about a year. I cant afford the damn thing. With a hub that expensive, i would want to service it every so often, just so i knew that it wasnt dirty.

Some one on OTN said you have to be able to read the manual to be able to own a king, its not just a fit and forget part, but what you get in return is much better than other parts.

I dont understand people who say kings are weak.

Porter runs one and has never had trouble with it. Im sure you have all seen james's riding and will agree that if a king can withstand that sort of abuse then they are f**king strong. Maybe yours was built wrong.

I dont understand people who say kings are weak.

Porter runs one and has never had trouble with it. Im sure you have all seen james's riding and will agree that if a king can withstand that sort of abuse then they are f**king strong. Maybe yours was built wrong.

im with you on this, also tunni runs one and has no probs, but if your a mod rider though id say get the profile, i never heard of a problem with them at all. and tarty sells them so if you have a problem they have great customer service and it will no doubt be sorted :P

im with you on this, also tunni runs one and has no probs, but if your a mod rider though id say get the profile, i never heard of a problem with them at all. and tarty sells them so if you have a problem they have great customer service and it will no doubt be sorted  :P

Agreed, king for stock, profile for mod anyday in my opinion. :P

don't know how they converted down to 20" bmx hubs though so may well be more reliable?

James :P

it just has a narrower driveshell, internals are exactly the same as the classic as far as i know (different axle though)

i would have to say King

i know quite a few BMX riders who have had trouble with their profiles, and they dont seem to be more reliable than a king. After i sent my king to tarty, ive never had a problem with it since