2005 Photo Comp

F-Stop Junkie

im all in for this :-

o nthe topic of "where do the photos be posted..." how about making a new topic soley for the photos, no writing apart from

here is my action shot

and here is my non action shot

something like that? and on the suggestion of image size..... 640 pixels on the biggest size?? (bearing in mind some of us are on dialup!?)

anyhoo im up for it!! deffo!!

andy :(

p.s. in terms of editing... all sounds good, but what about sequency shots?? e.g. 6 of the same rider in one photo? that allowed?

Edited by skandy32

It's a fotherington-sorbe light capture engine. Comes with an attractive teak tripod and turned brass feet. It's quite fetching!

Good lord!!

Going back to the old skool then Chris :(

I think for this, a B&W Ilford HP5, in the Nikon F3 with motordrive attatchment will be perfect. Cant handle all this digital malarky!!

If you supply photos of you doing it, along with masks or rubber solution, then ok.

Seriously though, if you're capturing more than one image, do a video. Then you can do 24 every second!

masks? rubber solution? dont get too technical... i just did GCSE photography a couple of years ago, and discovered the wonders of playing in the darkroom...

masks? rubber solution? dont get too technical... i just did GCSE photography a couple of years ago, and discovered the wonders of playing in the darkroom...

Sorry, it's how you'd do sequence shots in a darkroom...

The darkroom is a wonderful place, but I'm keen to keep this a 'pure' competition, otherwise it goes to the best Photoshop Wiz, of which there's a few here!

Oh, and you have to have taken the image you submit.

but what about sequency shots?? e.g. 6 of the same rider in one photo? that allowed?

What if i do some double exposure shots eh ? ...... thats a single photo ....

anyways im in. in a way..... I know my mate will want to do some shots for it.....

Limited amounts is best! Shows the true photo then dosent it, anyone can turn the worst photo into something better.

Theres other ways of doing a sequence as well, not that i've tried it but I might be able to try it soon. Flashgun on strobe mode :( Could be problems with lighting though etc. We'll see

Just hope I have my feggin new digi slr before the comp ends!!!! ^_^ if not the fuji wil do just fine!!

Yeh 1st of Jan sounds great!

Rob :-

Why ?

Trickier to get right with an SLR, less chance for experimentation ('cos you don't know if it'll work, and if it doesn't you're f**ked), harder to manipulate the images super precisely, can't do the same effects you can with PS, etc...

I wish I still had access to a dark-room :(

Trickier to get right with an SLR, less chance for experimentation ('cos you don't know if it'll work, and if it doesn't you're f**ked), harder to manipulate the images super precisely, can't do the same effects you can with PS, etc...

I wish I still had access to a dark-room :-

exactly :( you can't produce half the stuff you can with digital

Frankly, that's bollocks. You don't know if you've got the shot instantly - never stopped me when I was shooting film.

Drop the negs or slides into a scanner, and you're back in the digital realm.

A photo is a photo. The video comps were never MiniDV vs 16mm...