The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

I'm trying to work out in my head how a pully increases the ease of leverage. It usually prevents friction, but I can't see how it makes it easier to lift something :P

have you not learnt about it in science before?

i cant remember it fully, but i can remember, if there is more pullys (3 or more) it seams like the weight is lighter than it actually is. somehow :) . builders use pully systems to pull bricks up the things they are building, they have 5 pullys, and say, 30 bricks, 2 men pulling it doesnt actualy seam like theres 30 bricks on the other side....

have you not learnt about it in science before?

i cant remember it fully, but i can remember, if there is more pullys (3 or more) it seams like the weight is lighter than it actually is. somehow :P . builders use pully systems to pull bricks up the things they are building, they have 5 pullys, and say, 30 bricks, 2 men pulling it doesnt actualy seam like theres 30 bricks on the other side....

I may have done something in science, but if my head won't work it out logically I don't see how it works. Sometimes I know the right answer but don't know how it works. Or I know the wrong answer but know how it works.

Anyway just been to the gym, was fun.

Michael, the pullys on gym equipment are ususally 1:1 so all work you put in goes into lifting the weight.

Not so ture, there are quite a few machines Ive seen that have 3 or more pulleys.

There are machines with jsut one pulley I have nothing against them, infact they are fine to use to get an idea of how heavy a weight is I use them.

I dont use the machines with lots of pulleys.

I prefer freeweights as its up to me what I do and how I do it, but if its busy in the free weight room then I have my fav machines to use so Im not wasting time and the carbs I jsut ate.

If you are skinny and want to have a decent body shape... then heres what u need to do... its pritty simple..

train 3 times a week... monday, wed , fri.. working around muscle groups in your upper body.. try to do 3/4 sets of 12 reps on each machine/weights on as heavy a weight you can lift (insureing you can do 12)

buy a big tub of 'Monster Food' chochlate weight gain £40 for a big tub, lasts bout 2 months and its YUM! eat like 2 times a day , do NOT use it as a meal replacement!

buy yourself 49 x Anadrol 50mg , take 1/2 a day for 7 days , then 1 a day for 6 weeks, then 1/2 day for 7 days. then stop the anadrol compleatly for 4 weeks. then repeat the cycle.

eat AS MUCH AS YOU CAN -in the form of meat, pasta, hi-protien stuff etc..

if u weigh 9stone before this, you will weigh approx 9 3/4 stone by the end of the 8 weeks... then once u stop the anadrol 50mg's you will loose approx 1/4 stone in fluid retention.. resulting in a 1/2 (ish) stone increase in muscle!

the 1st 6 months of training is when you will grow the quickest.. and you shuld give your body as much help in the way of fuel etc as poss so its constantly stocked up with the things needed for u to grow.. after the 6 months, things slow down and its a lot more like hard work!

If you are more on the fat side, then dont use Anadrol 50mg, use Winstrol instead.. and use it in the same way as the anadrol ... , replace the Monster Food with a Sports style shake, protien shake etc.. and Dont eat everything, stick to a healthy diet...

The reason i havnt mentioned lower body is because riding the trials bike is more than enough to work your legs ect... expecially with the help of anadrol / winstrol.. i never train me legs and they are very muscally.

i have been doing this plan for just over a year now, and i use Sustanon 250mg stacked with Dianabol 50mg... and i have grown from 9.5stone to 11stone

Edited by RyanRs

I still cant see the point in pils, my mate takes about 400 different ones its crazy.

Im quite happy eating right and working out right and resting. I was 9/1/2 stone and 2months on Im 10 stone.

Suppose its different for everyone, its just working fine for me and Im pretty happy.

its physically impossible to grow 1/2 a stone naturally in 2 months.. it would take approx 1 and half years of good training and eating to get a 'Cut' weight increase of 1/2 stone.

theres no point in taking like stupid ammounts of different pills, creatine , amino acid tabs etc etc... you can add all the supliment tablets u can poss buy and none of them will have the effects of just 1 anadrol 50mg tablet.

the key to growing is devotion and routine.. 35% ish of getting more muscally is in the jym.. the rest is eating and sleeping correctly

Well my scales dont lie and I wouldnt lie about my weight as Im very proude to be round the ideal weight for my size.

Ive put on a bit of flab in the gut but its really nothing, defo not 1/2 stones worth.

My upper body is alot bigger than it was.

not being horrible , but the only chance you can gain 1/2 stone of muscle in 2 months is if you wer on 400mg of Deca-Durabin per week, stacked with 100mg of anadrol 50mg a day for 2 months, you may have a chance... but thats one of the strongest Stacks of Anabolic steriods you can do.. and comes with problems..

i train at a gym for competition bodybuilders, and if they herd u say that, theyll either laugh at you or drink your blood in hope that they can inherit your 'special gift' !

you will prob find its the scales playing up.. they arnt entirely accurate..

Not so ture, there are quite a few machines Ive seen that have 3 or more pulleys.

There are machines with jsut one pulley I have nothing against them, infact they are fine to use to get an idea of how heavy a weight is I use them.

I dont use the machines with lots of pulleys.

It's not really the number of pullys, its the combined ratio. It's only if ratios are applied that you feel an difference. Same as a 1:1 ratio on bike gears, the hub will turn at the same speed as your chainring.

The only thing that makes it easier, is that you only have to support your body, not a weight aswell.

Edit: In terms of training aids, I'm not too keen, bit expensive really, I do occasisioanlly use that sugary lemon stuff you put in water to increase the amount of water your body takes to muscles, but only because it tastes well nice! :D

Edited by Haz

its easy to loose weight.. u excersize more and eat less.. but actually 'building' muscle fibers takes much much much longer..

if you dont belive me, put up a post on this forum = http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/index.php and ask them.

the only way you can put on 1/2 a stone in 2 months is through water retention.. this will make u look bigger than you are, and you will feel slighty stonger, and your muscles will feel harder.. but once the retention is drained, you will be back down to ur normal weight again.

Also, if your saying that its 1/2 stone of fat... than thats just bad for you and you are eating the wrong stuff, and not training properly... too much fat = heart failure!

Edited by RyanRs

its easy to loose weight.. u excersize more and eat less.. but actually 'building' muscle fibers takes much much much longer..

if you dont belive me, put up a post on this forum = http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/index.php and ask them.

the only way you can put on 1/2 a stone in 2 months is through water retention.. this will make u look bigger than you are, and you will feel slighty stonger, and your muscles will feel harder.. but once the retention is drained, you will be back down to ur normal weight again.

So did Bongo defy the laws of physics then? As he put 2 stone on in definetely less than 8 months I'm sure of it. (8 Months would go with your impossible chances of half a stone in 2 months) Can someone confirm this??

Also, if your saying that its 1/2 stone of fat... than thats just bad for you and you are eating the wrong stuff, and not training properly... too much fat = heart failure!

Lo Im hardly fat, all 140lbs of me squeezed into my 5ft 7 frame.

not saying ur fat , you was talkin about people puting on fat quicker than burning it.

belive what u like... take some steroids, you mite be 12 stone heavyier in another 4 months..

it took me mate paul who trains at the same gym as me, 11 years to get from 10 stone to 19 stone.. and all the time he was using a hard ammount of stacked steroids and HGH including Decca-durabin.. i think he would know best, as he has won the Mr Kent bodybuilding contest 4 times, and came 6th in the British comps..

either you are lying or, your scales are lying or you cant read... or do maths... i dont no, you pick.. im not here to argue.. it just seems pritty impossible what your saying.. 1/2 stone of Pure Muscle fibre growth in 2 months isnt rite.. and 2 stone in 8 months is still hard to belive. (bongo)

Edited by RyanRs

either you are lying or, your scales are lying or you cant read... or do maths... i dont no, you pick.. im not here to argue.. it just seems pritty impossible what your saying.. 1/2 stone of Pure Muscle fibre growth in 2 months isnt rite.. and 2 stone in 8 months is still hard to belive. (bongo)

Yeah that's what I mean, I'm trying to get someone to find out exactly how long it took him, I'll go searching.

dont you know muscle is 3 times heavier than fat?

So when you put muscle on, then your body becomes heavier than what it would be with fat!

So if you still eating healthy and stuff, but working out say, 5 times a week for 1.5 hours each time, then your muscles will grow fast if you just start to work out, so then you put weight on....

Anyways, why cheat by using pills n shit when you can do it the manly way and do proper weights!!

dont you know muscle is 3 times heavier than fat?

So when you put muscle on, then your body becomes heavier than what it would be with fat!

So if you still eating healthy and stuff, but working out say, 5 times a week for 1.5 hours each time, then your muscles will grow fast if you just start to work out, so then you put weight on....

Anyways, why cheat by using pills n shit when you can do it the manly way and do proper weights!!

steroid use is only cheating when used in sports like running, biking, football, boxing etc etc..... you are not cheating when it comes to bodybuilding as the sport is ment for the competition of muscle development and is pritty much orientated around the drug... if you want to compete in the bodybuilding champs nowdays, you dont stand a chance without the use of steroids......

there is no way on earth anyone would keep up to the size of people like ronnie colman without them

colema02.jpg

personally i wouldnt like to be that size, but there is no way he has cheated what so ever by using the drug to get to his size.. he is about 3 times bigger than the 'Natural' world champ and had trained for many many years to get like that.. pure devotion to his sport...,

and as for being 'less manly' by using gear.... err,,, its actually the other way round.. as steroids are based on testosterone enchantment.. and dramatically increases the testosterone levels in your body, makiny you more 'manly' as after all, testosterone is what makes us men!

i am not cheating by taking them either.. as i have had a serious and potentially life threatening illness that comes and goes, in 'relapses' from when i was 2 yrs old... it is called nephrotic syndrone, and is to do with my kidneys not working properly.. im not going to go into detail about what it does, but i have been on predsolne steroids at very high doses to fix the problem in a relapse, and now if i get ill, i have to also take frusimide, bone treatment tablets, blood thinners, antibiotics, and if things get real bad i would have to take cyclophosphamide.... Now when im on these drugs they eat muscle tissue; how much, depending on how long i am on them for.. so i start at 10st , get ill, come out 9 3/4 stone... so i use steroids as i want to be more built, but have serious issues doing it naturally.

and as for the rumours of small dick etc etc, its a load of crap... there is only bad side effects if you dont use them properly. -before anyone mentions it..

Muscle might be heavier than fat... but it takes a lot longer to make... Fat is absorbed and Stored.. Muscle is created.... it takes longer to create somethin than to store it. iv been training way too long now with professionals to be wrong about this.. there is no way u can gain 1/2 stone in 2 months naturally.. and if u can, i deeply consider u start bodybuilding , as u will get bigger than Ronnie colman in no time, and ull be stinking rich!

Edited by RyanRs