The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

If you take one look at mne you will wonder where the fat actually is.

I actually did make a istake I re weighed myslef in shorts and Im 9 stone 10 so not 1/2 a stone but not far off.

Thing I dont get is if its all water etenion is wouldnt go away unless I stop going to the gym for a month, now with membership at £40 a month I dnt think Ill be doing that.

If you are skinny and want to have a decent body shape... then heres what u need to do... its pritty simple..

train 3 times a week... monday, wed , fri.. working around muscle groups in your upper body.. try to do 3/4 sets of 12 reps on each machine/weights on as heavy a weight you can lift (insureing you can do 12)

buy a big tub of 'Monster Food' chochlate weight gain £40 for a big tub, lasts bout 2 months and its YUM! eat like 2 times a day , do NOT use it as a meal replacement!

buy yourself 49 x Anadrol 50mg , take 1/2 a day for 7 days , then 1 a day for 6 weeks, then 1/2 day for 7 days. then stop the anadrol compleatly for 4 weeks. then repeat the cycle.

eat AS MUCH AS YOU CAN -in the form of meat, pasta, hi-protien stuff etc..

if u weigh 9stone before this, you will weigh approx 9 3/4 stone by the end of the 8 weeks... then once u stop the anadrol 50mg's you will loose approx 1/4 stone in fluid retention.. resulting in a 1/2 (ish) stone increase in muscle!

the 1st 6 months of training is when you will grow the quickest.. and you shuld give your body as much help in the way of fuel etc as poss so its constantly stocked up with the things needed for u to grow.. after the 6 months, things slow down and its a lot more like hard work!

If you are more on the fat side, then dont use Anadrol 50mg, use Winstrol instead.. and use it in the same way as the anadrol ... , replace the Monster Food with a Sports style shake, protien shake etc.. and Dont eat everything, stick to a healthy diet...

The reason i havnt mentioned lower body is because riding the trials bike is more than enough to work your legs ect... expecially with the help of anadrol / winstrol.. i never train me legs and they are very muscally.

i have been doing this plan for just over a year now, and i use Sustanon 250mg stacked with Dianabol 50mg... and i have grown from 9.5stone to 11stone

Wow. Sure does sound like a fun way to suck all the enjoyment out of living...

Wow. Sure does sound like a fun way to suck all the enjoyment out of living...

i dont see your point here (Y) the idea is bodybuilding is for self asteem (sp?) and if you dont find it even slightly fun you wouldnt do it.

i love workin out... cos it gives me that body that girls love! and that can be very fun! makes me feel good about myself and proud of what i can achieve..

steroids are only said to be bad because the goverment have spread bad roumors about the stuff to put people off... Just like Magic Mushrooms!!! what actual harm do they do?! :lol:

and HGH is illegal... but its proven that people who take it, live a much better, ill free life and live longer... with no bad side effects....unless badly abused..

---

Edited by RyanRs

i dont see your point here (Y) the idea is bodybuilding is for self asteem (sp?) and if you dont find it even slightly fun you wouldnt do it.

i love workin out... cos it gives me that body that girls love! and that can be very fun! makes me feel good about myself and proud of what i can achieve..

steroids are only said to be bad because the goverment have spread bad roumors about the stuff to put people off... Just like Magic Mushrooms!!! what actual harm do they do?! :lol:

and HGH is illegal... but its proven that people who take it, live a much better, ill free life and live longer... with no bad side effects....unless badly abused..

---

Erm, at a guess steroids are also bad because they're used to cheat in sporting events?

You don't have to take £300sworth of supplements and shit every day to feel good though, which is basically what I'm getting at. Having to have a strict diet of chugging down pills just doesn't really scream "fun" to me, really.

To each their own though I guess.

And perhaps the fact that if it's abused it f**ks you up is the reason it's banned (re: HGH)?

colema02.jpg

I wonder how many (if any, at all, ever) girls would actually find that attractive...

Erm, at a guess steroids are also bad because they're used to cheat in sporting events?

You don't have to take £300sworth of supplements and shit every day to feel good though, which is basically what I'm getting at. Having to have a strict diet of chugging down pills just doesn't really scream "fun" to me, really.

To each their own though I guess.

And perhaps the fact that if it's abused it f**ks you up is the reason it's banned (re: HGH)?

yea but eating too much and not moving fuks u up too, but its not illegal... i wrote furthur up the page about steroids and 'cheating' .. and they dont cost that much at all.. People who train without them tend to use the 'powder shakes' and suplements, ie cretine etc... they cos a LOT! like £100 a month... whereas a 1ce a week jab of sustenol 250mg costs £4.50...... and if your doing anadrol 50mg's u take 1 a day costing average of 80pence each!

Just to clear something up for you guys that are all talking about this free weights/machines.

Mr Monkey is almost right when he said you should be able to do the same on both if your technique was perfect.

Of course that isn't the reality.

MY ACTUAL POINT: The leverage ratios etc. will all be there to make the wieghts you see going up and down heaver. If it says 35Kgs on it thats what your arms are lifting, in terms of effort etc. (however the metal thats going up and down is clearly less than that though, think about it, Do you really think that lat pull down machines etc. actually have 150Kgs of weights on em? I dont. Look at the size of a 30Kg dumbel, then look at the size of the wieghts that go up and down on machines, clearly different.)

The reason you can't do the same on both is...... because lifting free weights does of course require all the muscles in your body to work togeather. Stabilising muscles help to make movements more controlled and easier, untill these are strong enough your gonna struggle with big wieghts etc.

As for being able to bench 60kg 30 reps, why on earth isn't that possible? I don't know the kid, but there was a time last year aafter about 18 months of gymmin where I was doing that kinda weight 50 reps. (unfortuantely I skipped gym for 12months and can only do like 40kgs now (Y) )

As for being able to bench 60kg 30 reps, why on earth isn't that possible? I don't know the kid, but there was a time last year aafter about 18 months of gymmin where I was doing that kinda weight 50 reps. (unfortuantely I skipped gym for 12months and can only do like 40kgs now (Y) )

Yeah, some of the more serious guys at my gym will bench 100+ for 30 odd reps.

I wonder how many (if any, at all, ever) girls would actually find that attractive...

on another note, how many girls find a 20 + yr old doin tricks on a bike attractive ?? most of them will tell u to grow up and would be embarised to tell there friends that thir bf rides a pushbike

Yeah, some of the more serious guys at my gym will bench 100+ for 30 odd reps.

Thats what i thought. I was being serious about what i said and me nor the people I go to the gym with think it's particularly amazing?

The year 11 rugby team at our school have to do 30 reps on 100kg.

I think it's partially about mind set too, I do some pretty brutal training for a martial art I do, the warm up and fitness bit is just silly, but if I go in really angry and up for it, I definitely find it easier than if I go in complacent. :blink:

So did Bongo defy the laws of physics then?

Yes, Bongo can defy the laws of physics.

on another note, how many girls find a 20 + yr old doin tricks on a bike attractive ?? most of them will tell u to grow up and would be embarised to tell there friends that thir bf rides a pushbike

I'll think you'll find that any girl who is embarised that you ride a pushbike will have the personality of some full you find down the back of a radiator.

As for all this gym stuff, i'n never been to one, nor i will ever.

£25 a month is alot. Especialy when you can do alot of the stuff, like running and cycling for free. I can sort of understand using the machines for weights etc but i really don't see the point. But hey if you enjoy it, you enjoy it.

Another thing with going to the gym is that you don't really learn any technique (apart from the technique of lifting the weights). Like when your out riding, you learn technique, whilest your getting slightly stronger, same with running, swimming, any athletic sprots. In the gym your just getting stronger, for no particular reason.

:blink:

£25 a month is alot. Especialy when you can do alot of the stuff, like running and cycling for free. I can sort of understand using the machines for weights etc but i really don't see the point. But hey if you enjoy it, you enjoy it.

Another thing with going to the gym is that you don't really learn any technique (apart from the technique of lifting the weights). Like when your out riding, you learn technique, whilest your getting slightly stronger, same with running, swimming, any athletic sprots. In the gym your just getting stronger, for no particular reason.

You are getting fitter though, in a healthy way, and some people do it to better themselves. Like all of them fellas in Flex, scary stuff. I go for free :blink: And it's good fun too, seeing if you can beat yourself each time you go.

Please tell me I'm not the only person that does it so they can annihilate people at arm wrestles. :lol: :blink:

Seriously though, what have you got to loose? I find going on a rowing machine for 30 minutes to see how far I can get great fun! Like MrMonkey said, if I did 3000 meters one time then I did 3100 then I improved and beat myself. That's pretty satisfying.

Arm wreastling, hats a plan.................

I pulled down 80kg on one of the machines did 2 sets of 5. Ws more than my body weight by 20kg and it felt good, was a stuggle to pull it down. It was just a last exercise as I was shattered to kill my muscles before I left.

Also up to 40kg on the bench now 3 sets of 10 with relative ease moved up from 37.5kg same workout.

I went there to bulk up in the upper body so if anyone wants a fight or starts then Il look a littlebit scarier with my bulging muslces. :blink: Thats one of the reasons.

Time for a protein bine, only feel like egs tough.

Edited by Michael Hardman

The year 11 rugby team at our school have to do 30 reps on 100kg.

Really?

You rugby team must be huge then!

Do you seriously know how heavy 100Kg is????

My dad can only JUST do 10 reps with 100Kg, my teacher from my school, (built like a shithouse) (does rugby [captain for his own team]) and he can only JUST do 120KG (thats his heaviest EVER) so i would be totally impressed with you, and your rugby team if they can do that amount of weight!

But seriously, your weights must be fooked up or summit, cause i dont think i would be able to lift 100KG off the rack without pulling a muscle!

Really?

You rugby team must be huge then!

Do you seriously know how heavy 100Kg is????

My dad can only JUST do 10 reps with 100Kg, my teacher from my school, (built like a shithouse) (does rugby [captain for his own team]) and he can only JUST do 120KG (thats his heaviest EVER) so i would be totally impressed with you, and your rugby team if they can do that amount of weight!

But seriously, your weights must be fooked up or summit, cause i dont think i would be able to lift 100KG off the rack without pulling a muscle!

Thats because your not my rugby team.

After looking at the posts I think there is actually something wrong with our weights, our football coach(used to be a pro, got banned for stamping on someone) can do 140 and so can our drama teacher. most of the tonker of our year 11's/ 6th formers can do 100+

Edited by Joe_Elding

After looking at the posts I think there is actually something wrong with our weights, our football coach(used to be a pro, got banned for stamping on someone) can do 140 and so can our drama teacher. most of the tonker of our year 11's/ 6th formers can do 100+

hmmm, they must be wrong then.

tell you what, grab a 20KG weight, and see if you can hold it straight out in front of you for more that 5 second without bending your arms what so ever, if you can, your weights must be fooked up lol

Maybe it's pounds? My mate who has been going the gym since Year 10 probably couldn't lift 100kg now :lol: And that's after 3 years of going to the gym doing pretty much nothing but weights. Where's Alexxx wen you need him. :blink:

Maybe it's pounds? My mate who has been going the gym since Year 10 probably couldn't lift 100kg now :lol: And that's after 3 years of going to the gym doing pretty much nothing but weights. Where's Alexxx wen you need him. :blink:

Its gotta be.

100Kg is VERY heavy! :- :P

Either your weights are wrong, or your whole school must be natural hurcules'!!!!! lol

Edited by terror-error

Really?

my teacher from my school, (built like a shithouse) (does rugby [captain for his own team]) and he can only JUST do 120KG (thats his heaviest EVER)

The 'bigger' guys in my gym (the ones who do it as a lifestyle) will push over 160kg for reps, and I see that on a weekly basis.

Douggie has the current gym record with 235kg press, and he's a BIG guy, pro bodybuilder size, I doubt he's natural though. Infact Suz, one of the instructors is a pro female bodybuilder, and I'm pretty sure she can bench around the 110kg mark, though needless to say she's not natural and f**king huge :blink:

BUT I'm not talking about 'regular' people here, i'm taking about bodybuilders (since it's quite a bodybuilding style gym). 100kg IS a lot of weight. For your 'average' teen it would be an impossible weight. You're right it's near impossible to hold 20kg out at arms length, but 20lb is possible - it's a pretty easy acid test of if you're lifting kg or lb if you're unsure.

on a side note 1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pound :lol:

The 'bigger' guys in my gym (the ones who do it as a lifestyle) will push over 160kg for reps, and I see that on a weekly basis.

Douggie has the current gym record with 235kg press, and he's a BIG guy, pro bodybuilder size, I doubt he's natural though. Infact Suz, one of the instructors is a pro female bodybuilder, and I'm pretty sure she can bench around the 110kg mark, though needless to say she's not natural and f**king huge :blink:

BUT I'm not talking about 'regular' people here, i'm taking about bodybuilders (since it's quite a bodybuilding style gym). 100kg IS a lot of weight. For your 'average' teen it would be an impossible weight. You're right it's near impossible to hold 20kg out at arms length, but 20lb is possible - it's a pretty easy acid test of if you're lifting kg or lb if you're unsure.

on a side note 1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pound :P

:P

on the top floor of my gym, thats where the women go to train n stuff, it also has all the tredmills, rowing machines n stuff on, so i go up some times. the machines up there are VERY odd!!! On the one where you sit down with your legs under a pad, you pull down a bar on a cable, i can do that on 110KG no problem 20reps easily, but it only feels like 30kg :lol: i think they have put the wrong stickers on lol.

And theres the one where you stand up straight and pull the bar down so your elbows are tucked into your hips, and pull your lower part of your arms up and down to get the triceps, i can do 40KG easily on the one upstairs, but only 25 just in the shed :-

:-

on the top floor of my gym, thats where the women go to train n stuff, it also has all the tredmills, rowing machines n stuff on, so i go up some times. the machines up there are VERY odd!!! On the one where you sit down with your legs under a pad, you pull down a bar on a cable, i can do that on 110KG no problem 20reps easily, but it only feels like 30kg :blink: i think they have put the wrong stickers on lol.

And theres the one where you stand up straight and pull the bar down so your elbows are tucked into your hips, and pull your lower part of your arms up and down to get the triceps, i can do 40KG easily on the one upstairs, but only 25 just in the shed :lol:

i dont do weights, but it surely will feel easier because you have a lot of leverage with the cable. so you should push yourself alot further.

the only weights i do are my home one's

reps of 5kg for half hour, then reps of 8kg for 20mins

just very basic,

:P

i prefer stamina :P

Arm wreastling, hats a plan.................

I pulled down 80kg on one of the machines did 2 sets of 5. Ws more than my body weight by 20kg and it felt good, was a stuggle to pull it down. It was just a last exercise as I was shattered to kill my muscles before I left.

Also up to 40kg on the bench now 3 sets of 10 with relative ease moved up from 37.5kg same workout.

I went there to bulk up in the upper body so if anyone wants a fight or starts then Il look a littlebit scarier with my bulging muslces. :- Thats one of the reasons.

Time for a protein bine, only feel like egs tough.

you shuld ease off on the pulldown, its better to do 3/4 sets of 10 -12 than anything less.. if ur 9 stone, 80kg is Way too heavy for you... i weigh 11 stone, and i do 3 sets of 12 reps of 70KG.... sometimes if im feeling strong ill manage a 4th set... but i dont aim for it. i would recomend you do 45-50kg and 3 sets of 12... rember, they will feel easier till you get to the 8th rep upwards...then it gets painfull..how it shuld be! you will be a lot more 'pumped' after if u do it like this

put up a pic of how big u are...... im goin to gym in a mo, so ill get a few too B) :P

Edited by RyanRs