The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Peanut butter on toast every morning, great way to keep topped up. :P

I'm lying though, I've had it for breakfast every day for about 10 years at least, and I can never stick to the routine long enough to see any difference if I eat peanut butter or not, but it tastes nice. :lol:

Yer, im going to try it for my bulk program.

2 table spoons of penut butter 190 cal

1 scoop of ice cream acording to this website 200 cal in no added sugar ice cream

1/2 Banana 65 cal

1 pint of milk 187 cal

Bringing it to 642 cal from one drink, is nearly enough to substitute a meal in some diets ? Im just a bit unsure on the Ice cream, 200 cal seems ALOT.

Yer, im going to try it for my bulk program.

2 table spoons of penut butter 190 cal

1 scoop of ice cream acording to this website 200 cal in no added sugar ice cream

1/2 Banana 65 cal

1 pint of milk 187 cal

Bringing it to 642 cal from one drink, is nearly enough to substitute a meal in some diets ? Im just a bit unsure on the Ice cream, 200 cal seems ALOT.

When you say a lot? do you mean too much for your diet, or too much for one scoop of ice cream..

because what do you class a scoop as, 100 ml (theres 226 calories in 100ml of haagen dazs), when you think theres 55 calories or so in 100 ml of full fat milk. and how many calories are in 1 teaspoon of sugar... its quite believable how much is in ice cream)

also, i would of thought theres more than 187 calories in a pint of milk (sure even the full skimmed stuff, is like 40 calories per 100ml, and semi is like 45) so its going to be nearer 250 (not that it makes much difference, but technically on 2 pints a day, thats almost a stone a year in fat, in calorie terms)

Do you think this sounds worth the while, read a few reports saying its a natural protein, and its alot cheaper than buying powder!

1 scoop Ice cream

2-3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

1 glass milk

1/2 a banana

?

just drink the milk and quit all the C-s (Creams, kiddie Cereals, Candy, ice-Cream etc.)

is there anything good about drinking milk after a work out? and if so, what kind of milk.

dont just drink it after the work out, drink it all the time and it should be something with about 2.5% fat. dont drink those fat free white waters

for people who want to add some weight quickly try this:

drink 3-4 liters of milk per day for 1 or 2 weeks + eat a lot of cottage cheese and other high protein stuff, but dont eat so that 90% of your food will be protein, add some quality fats and a lot of carbs too

basically just eat a lot and drink 3-4 liters milk per day, huge amounts of milk arent good for your cholesterole levels but its only when you do it all the time, a week or 2 wont do anything

ive tried it and it works! added 3kg with 2 weeks! and im quite heavy already so smaller dudes can add even more

is there anything good about drinking milk after a work out? and if so, what kind of milk.

Yeah milk is a good source of protein, particularly casien, which is a slow absorbing protein. After a work out protein synthesis is elevated so it's important to get enough protein intake to get the full benefits from training.

Milkshakes are also good as the sugar in them which is high GI helps to replenish the glycogen stores, try and get this down you as soon as you can after a workout as the body will take up faster. There has also been some new research looking at hydration and it's been found that milk (with some added electrolytes) is nearly, if not as effective as sports drinks.

If your looking to gain mass though you should try and aim for around 30g of protein post workout so protein powders are a convenient way of getting this amount. You should also be aiming to get around 1.8 g/kg of protein per day.

Another thing to take into consideration is a pre workout meal is just as important as post work out.

yes you will gain weight fast but a lot of it is coming from fat, its ok when you burn the fat later

Hmm I see were your coming from, but ive still got 12% body fat which is what i've always had. Because of my body, if I was to train with out having all these extra calories, I don't have any body fat to burn, meaning id either become really toned and chiseled out, but my aim is to bulk first.

Did anyone see the worlds strongest child yesterday evening on channel 4, with that 7yr old boy who weighs 16kg perform an unofficial world record squat of 45kg. he struggled at 48kg but has done 50kg in practice (according to his dad). He also peform a bench press of 22kg at his dad's home. Just imagine having that kinda strength in trials....

Did anyone see the worlds strongest child yesterday evening on channel 4, with that 7yr old boy who weighs 16kg perform an unofficial world record squat of 45kg. he struggled at 48kg but has done 50kg in practice (according to his dad). He also peform a bench press of 22kg at his dad's home. Just imagine having that kinda strength in trials....

Yea. he didnt weigh 16kg though, was more than that, think your getting confused with the 3 year old girl from the ussr. sure she weighed 16kg, and was squatting like 20kg. but yea, he was saying hed done 50kg at 7.