The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

I'm 6.5" and around 103kg. I wouldn't say i had a massive build either and probably between 13-16% bodyfat.

Haha almost 40 kg heavier sounds alot id like to get around 80kg. Im probably well underweight for my height but im generally quite happy with how toned i am would just like to put on a bit of mass.

Im gonna guess my body fat is around 7% could be wrong though.

Bit of a newbie question here but looking at trying to take in alot more carbs and a pack of super noodles seems to have around 65g would stuffing this down my throat be ok or does it need to be like brown pasta and brown rice.

Week 7 of having a gym membership, only 4/7 weeks have I actually trained properly, went completly nuts this week and I'm paying for it now :P

Deadlift from 90-120kg

Squat from 110-125kg

Bench from 60-75kg

Etc etc.

Pretty much had constant doms from his week, my traps, lats and delts ache too and seeing as I never get doms in those areas i'd say it's a sign I've given them a proper work out.

Anyone else's favourite day legs?

Edit* I'm roughly 76kg, 5'8" and I had my bodyfat professionally checked about 4weeks ago 8%bf so I think my stats are quite good for now.

Hoping to be 90-95kg @ 7-9%bf by next summer which I think is going to be near impossible unless I run a cycle (which I'm not).

Edited by Azarathal

Edit* I'm roughly 76kg, 5'8" and I had my bodyfat professionally checked about 4weeks ago 8%bf so I think my stats are quite good for now.

Hoping to be 90-95kg @ 7-9%bf by next summer which I think is going to be near impossible unless I run a cycle (which I'm not).

depends on a bunch of things, but if your an office worker, with a pretty big but musclefree frame, who hasnt trained before.

a total gym noob who works a none manual job, can easily pack on 3lbs of muscle a month for the first 4 or 5 months if there eating right, training right and sleeping right.

Obviously your age will play a big factor in how quick this muscle goes on, and also natural testosterone levels.

Makes me laugh when skinny people think they're tonned!! Anyway really recommend this channel for workout advice guys!

http://www.youtube.com/user/twinmuscleworkout

I used to laugh but everyone has to start somewhere :/ look at zyzz, he was a stick before he started training.

Edited by fredrico

Work in a bike shop but it's pretty chill most of the time, i'd say I have a midbuild frame, barely sleep but on the plus I have a "eat everything I'm offered.. And more" mindset :) not sure on test levels to be honest but I'm only small time so there's not much point lookin that far Into it.

Shopping in London tomorrow, just started week8 and medium sized shirts that fitted nicely before are now much too small for me :/

Not sure really where to put this, but was talking about the whole 'lifting heavy weights stumps your growth' topic with one of my rugby mates. And was wondering what sort of weight is enough to stump you.

I'm short, about 5'9" and weigh about 10.5 stone. I currently bench 65-70kg during a work out, but feel if I was going to do one big maximum lift it would be a bit more. I'm not built like I should be benching this. (perverts see Oli Skinner en' facebook)

Do you think I'm doing enough to stump my growth, or is it a load of bull? :P

Edit: get off my facebook! Here's a link to me and some mates taking the piss in the changing rooms.. (Me right)

Edited by TrialsIsHard

Oli you're a short f**k anyway and you look about 20, go squat the moon.

Unrelated news, 4th try at deadlifts and I lifted 140kg x3reps with perfect form, I did use a belt though, this was about 90minutes after I got to the gym and after 3sets of squats (100kg, 110kg, 120kg) and various other exercises so I was pretty worn out by then. Still happy with the result :)

Unrelated news, 4th try at deadlifts and I lifted 140kg x3reps with perfect form, I did use a belt though, this was about 90minutes after I got to the gym and after 3sets of squats (100kg, 110kg, 120kg) and various other exercises so I was pretty worn out by then. Still happy with the result :)

thats not bad man, not bad at all.

however your using a belt????? I thought everyone knew you dont actually use the belt, you just have it on you loosely at all times, you should also get either red or black wrist wraps, and use them on everybar you ever grip, be it barbell curls, lateraal pull downs, then strap yourself in .... Hell you want to go on the exercise bike, strap your hands to it. that way everyone knows your "well into your weights like"

christmas can bugger off, Im sick of getting crap food forced in front of me everyday.

• Like 1

I only used a belt for 140kg as I haven't done much core specific training and the big weight jumps mean I might cause an injury without the assistance.

As for straps, I see what you mean :P Obviously you get the proper lifters that need straps but you also get the random people that strap up for everything as if they don't want to develope and decent grip strength.

• 2 weeks later...

boom, second day of dieting today, not going too bad. diet today has looked like;

breakfast:

50g of granola, 25g of protein shake

mid morning snack: 2 servings of breaded fish, in 3 slices of bread

lunch: 300g (about) of chicken, 100g of broccoli

afternoon snack: 25g of protein shake

tea: tin of soup, 3 slices of bread

late night snack: 100g of chicken, 100g of broccoli.

and just rinsed another 25g of protein

honestly intended to eat more, but im stuffed, yet somehow about 1400 calories under maintenance. technically could swap out that last protein shake for a litre tub of ice cream and still drop weight hopefully(im not going too)

also set myself a goal of 50,000 press ups in 2012...