The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

I'd say up the cardio, drop the 10k to maybe about 7k, but throw in some sprints maybe? I've found dropping the amount of cardio I do, but throwing in sprints and sustaining a higher average speed helps me burn more and has probably increased my stamina too, but it's still ring. I need to start road running cos treadmills are gash.

I currently do my sprints on a bike or rower. Hardest resistance, fast as I can. Not fun, but seems to be working.

Oh jesus... I can't think of anything worse than going on a bike or rower lol

Also coffee to boost motabolism? good idea?

Also green tea?

Edited by Simpson

Run before breakfast (or failing that, just before any other meal), do some pressups or something else to get your breathing going a little just before bed (just to boost your metabolism while you sleep). Weights any other time of the day just to gain some tone. Sorted.

sort out your diet, a pound of fat is around 35000 calories. so just doing cardio its going to take a while to get it done. weight loss is around 80% diet and 20% excercising. unfortunatley i am not that clever diet wise and have some one who write my own diet :P but i know lowering carbs will defo make a big difference.

sort out your diet, a pound of fat is around 35000 calories. so just doing cardio its going to take a while to get it done. weight loss is around 80% diet and 20% excercising. unfortunatley i am not that clever diet wise and have some one who write my own diet :P but i know lowering carbs will defo make a big difference.

A lb of fat is only 3,500 calories, and my jog today was like what 800 calories? So if I do that 3 times a week that's almost a lb lost regardless of diet.

i was mis informed, sorry mate. jd grow up you dont know everything.

Well mate it only took a Google, your daily food intake allowance is like 2,500 so if a lb of fat was 35,000 calories then that would mean if you didn't eat for 2 weeks, you would lose a lb. to be honest I didn't even know you could measure a lb of fat in calories but I could spot that bull a mile off just with a lil bit of brain power.