The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Went to take a picture of myself earlier for this, couldn't take a non-massively gay looking one.. will try again :P

But anyways, who has any tips on building abdominal muscle? I've tried crunches, sit ups, incline sit ups and none of them seem to make a difference. And yes I did do them over a period of weeks, and saw no change <_<

Went to take a picture of myself earlier for this, couldn't take a non-massively gay looking one.. will try again :P

But anyways, who has any tips on building abdominal muscle? I've tried crunches, sit ups, incline sit ups and none of them seem to make a difference. And yes I did do them over a period of weeks, and saw no change <_<

You read the post i put up earlier? Best bit of advice i ever heard though is that abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. Don't worry about how 'gay' your pictures look. Just get them up here so we can see bodyfat etc and give better advice.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/65033-weight-training/page__view__findpost__p__2393204

You read the post i put up earlier? Best bit of advice i ever heard though is that abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. Don't worry about how 'gay' your pictures look. Just get them up here so we can see bodyfat etc and give better advice.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/65033-weight-training/page__view__findpost__p__2393204

Thanks Kris, will give that a go tomorrow! Abs are tight after a 5 minute plank earlier..

Anyway here's one.

post-25219-0-02365900-1331847127_thumb.p

Edited by TrialsIsHard

Over the past 4 months I've lost 4 stone 3, I'm currently sat at 16 stone 1. I'm looking to join the RMC at the end of the year so I need to lose an additional 2 stone 6. Training has improved so much, as I'm training most week days with Kev. It's just a shame he's a massive weight bender and doesn't do cardio (except the hour long sessions he has on the cross trainer.)

I refused to do cardio unless needed (trials for instance)

Doing cardio slows muscle growth as you're using the energy to recover from a run or something as well as repairing the muscles, I know its a negligable amount but it's enough. Think of it this way, the faster you grow muscle, the higher your resting metabolic rate, the more food you need to maintain, the easier it is to cut down.

Congrats on losing that much though! It's really impressive.

anyone tried bulking on milk currently in the process of drinking at least 2 litres of blue milk a day only been doing this for about 5 days now so not noticed a big difference.

Also got my usual diet on top of this.

I like my kidneys stone free :P

honestly, you should do both. no particular reason to not do both. (obviously think about your routine, dont just do both) arnold supposedly bring the lats into play, but its never gunna do the same as bent over rows/deads/chins. but its good to alter up movements every so often, bring in different muscles/build a better overall strength, as well as shocking the muscles a little bit.

dumbell benched 40kg dumbells for 8,6,4 tonight, quite happy with that. and thats dumbells to chest, none of this half rep bullcrap.

also down to 17 stone dead. dont think I look hugely different.

Yeh, both. Change the way you load your shoulder joints so you don't wear them out IMO. Might just be me having that need, as I have a knackered shoulder from crashing my motorbike when I was 15.

5 weeks into the diet started at 14 stone. Lost a Stone so far hopefully 1 more to come off. So stoked with progress.

Before:

post-6685-0-67259100-1332287449_thumb.jp

Now:

post-6685-0-15477800-1332287468_thumb.jp

And YES my flies are open, which in no way makes this more homophobic lol

Edited by Simpson

Haha I would never normally post a pic of myself but these 3 weeks over easter im really going to try and do some weights and get out more on the bike (just done quite a bit of biking for me and im feeling pretty healthy right now!)

Gonna do a before like what simpson has done, fishy finger or anyone where would you work on more? i'm wanting to "bulk up" more and get genreally bigger, sick of being a little girls body. I know my chest is pathetic, so would you really start there? Also my belly, too many beers last year :( haha. soz for the massive forehead.

2012-03-28202858.jpg

Edited by dann2707

Wow people think they have girls bodies have never seen my runtyness!

to be honest your best doing more than just chest, at least do your back aswell as thatll be beneficial. Also how often are you looking to work out as chest you do need to rest like any other muscle. You'll need more than 3 weeks too!

Ayeee, not sure what I meant earlier but I meant mainly focus more on the chest rather than skip everything - which I wouldn't.

And 3 times a week with some cardio inbetween would be ideal. I've just got some weights at home but Im going to look on gumtree now for some cast iron ones.