Ipod Video's

Joe_Elding

I've had a look at friends one at college;

It looks better than last years, is thinner and smaller than my 30gb colour one,

Bigger screen, longer battery life (15+ hours?) and the vids look really good-except they're mpeg4 only (aparently).

Oh and they're 30 quid cheaper now! Damn them lol

Tom

For battery life look at sonys, mine has 40 hours.. which means even when it looks like its just about to go dead theres still a good 5 hours left.

They're also replaceable batteries unlike the ones in ipods, and going by my past experiences with sony they will probably replace the battery, and refurbish the player while theyre at it, for free (Y)

EDIT: by yeah that was pretty random, dunno anything about the ipod videos :P

For battery life look at sonys, mine has 40 hours.. which means even when it looks like its just about to go dead theres still a good 5 hours left.

They're also replaceable batteries unlike the ones in ipods, and going by my past experiences with sony they will probably replace the battery, and refurbish the player while theyre at it, for free (Y)

EDIT: by yeah that was pretty random, dunno anything about the ipod videos :P

Is this a video player your on about?

is that 40hours playing video?

I've no problems with my ipod video so far. I love it.

The battery life isnt as long as sony's, sure, but then i rarely need longer than 16 hours (about how long mine lasts) music before i can recharge (and the latest sonys are huuuge). The video quality on the small screen is awesome, so much more than i expected it to be.

I was surprised by the size when it came too, the smaller clickwheel makes it look bigger in pictures but its pretty much the same width and lenth as my previous ipod, but twice as thin!

i've had no probs getting vids and dvds on it, but a film does take about 12 seconds before it plays, as mentioned before (which may annoy some people???)... i have every series of family guy on there, in perfect quality, in 3 gigs :o) i've got about 20gigs of music on there, family guy and 17 films and theres still a few gigs left! (note: one charge will play about 4 hours of video)

The only problem i have is not being able to slow the clickwheel down, it shuffles a little bit too fast but theres no longer an setting option to slow it down.

well, thats my little personal review.

Tom

Edited by Tom-ass

The Sony Violet or NWA3000 if you want to be technical are larger than Ipods, however the 6gb is tiny and the other Sony Walkman MP3 (the NW-HD5) is about the size of a Ipod Mini with 40hours battery and 20gb of space.

Just to inform the Tom-ass. "the latest sonys are huuuge" - wrong but right. :S

Ipod batteries are well known for being a bit shite.

Tip for you, DONT leave it on charge over night (overcharging), leave the battery to run all the way down before charging occasionally (obviously dont if you need it and wont be able to charge it for a long time).

This will, believe it or not, increase the battery life, I'm on my 3rd ipod on warrenty due to wank batteries. Thats the advice I've read up on. :turned:

The Sony Violet or NWA3000 if you want to be technical are larger than Ipods, however the 6gb is tiny and the other Sony Walkman MP3 (the NW-HD5) is about the size of a Ipod Mini with 40hours battery and 20gb of space.

Just to inform the Tom-ass. "the latest sonys are huuuge" - wrong but right. :S

Yeah, my mate's got a Sony one, 20Gb and it's really small. About the size of an iPod mini as you say. I would rather not have anything to do with Sony though, plus I don't really think you can beat iPods for what they are. The new Zen Vison:M looks nice though :)

IPB Image

The scrolling and navigation is shit on those Zen's I find. My mate's got one of the new video ones and it seems ace. The screen's a tad small, i'd prefer to watch a video on a PSP or such, and the battery life for 4 hours on a video is pretty poor.

They're really slim, look nice, and have been well designed rather than copied by shitty other brands.

The batteries are replaceable by Apple and many resellers do them too.

I'd buy one if I had any money or income hehe.

ive got one for xmas, which means im not alowed it till the 25th. what do you people use to convert trials movies etc into mp4 and all that malarky?! thanks (Y)

To be honest I'd just try renaming the file extension to .mp4 - you'd be suprised at how often that works.