New Frame?

anzo

Morning all!

I'm currently riding a 2005 Onza T-Pro, basically known for being either a brilliant bike for a medioka beginner and possibly intermediate but the frame wouldn't last long.

As much as I like the frame, It is in fact my second after threading the bottom bracket, but I got a new one on warrenty.

Anyway, I'm after a bit more of a frame that is as strong, easy to ride, lighter then my pro and something that looks better then a pro...so, as well as just being any other manufactured frame, instead, I saw the Monty 221 Pro, now, to me I love the frame.

I saw this frame on cleanbikes and its selling for 140, however that doesn't seem right (or does it?) as the onza t-pro is sold at 170, and surely the monty frame is better then then onza?

So, questions are;

1. Your opinions (obviously)

2. Is the price right?

3. Is the monty frame any good?

4. Does the monty frame have a rear disk mount?

Thanks.

The 221 will be nice, if you're into short frames (like your T-Pro)

If you want something longer, but also with a high BB, I'd suggest a Zona Zip.

I've got one in my room, ready for my new parts to be put on so I can ride it.

So unfortunatley I wouldn't be able to tell you what it's like from my own experiance.

But I have read (on here) that they ride really nice, and that the geo' is practicly perfect.

They have a lot of CNCing around the rear triangle, and it doesn't flex at all without a booster (like your T-pro does [mine did too] ) So if you don't run a booster, it's not highly important to get one, but it could/will save your mounts from cracking etc.

for some reason, on this computer, Instead of going one like below on a new paragraph, it goes two :S

f I ever rode mod I would most definatley have a monty, they are the only mods that I actually like the feel of.

I wont go into detail as I am off to work in a min, but I also think there is no point in long mods, you lose all the advantages that a short bike gives but dont really gain many advantages that longer bikes give.

Bit of a dumb ass question...sort of, lol, I'm newish to bike trials...thats my excuse.

Will most of my parts from the Pro (forks, crankset, blah, blah) fit onto the 221?

Everything on my pro is standard and shit, so I plan to upgrade the lot when I get the new frame, or will I need more then just the frame?

Morning all!

I'm currently riding a 2005 Onza T-Pro, basically known for being either a brilliant bike for a medioka beginner and possibly intermediate but the frame wouldn't last long.

As much as I like the frame, It is in fact my second after threading the bottom bracket, but I got a new one on warrenty.

Anyway, I'm after a bit more of a frame that is as strong, easy to ride, lighter then my pro and something that looks better then a pro...so, as well as just being any other manufactured frame, instead, I saw the Monty 221 Pro, now, to me I love the frame.

I saw this frame on cleanbikes and its selling for 140, however that doesn't seem right (or does it?) as the onza t-pro is sold at 170, and surely the monty frame is better then then onza?

So, questions are;

2. Is the price right?

Thanks.

the price is right but the frame is short and your t-pro will ride just as good get a zona (Y)

2. Is the price right?

1. Never had any come back to us!

2. Price is £140.00

3. ... need replies from people who have them ...

4. No, these are the 2005 models - 2006 might have, but they're not into the UK yet!

Just taken some new pics for the site ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

1. Never had any come back to us!

2. Price is £140.00

3. ... need replies from people who have them ...

4. No, these are the 2005 models - 2006 might have, but they're not into the UK yet!

Have had my 221pr for a while now & would say it's mint, i love the way it feels

& rides. I have recently got a 221ti as my comp bike & this feels similar. (Y)

I would say order 1 now. My brother is getting 1 for xmas.

They will also take some stick, :S

IPB Image

IPB Image