Adamant/echo/zoo Parts Review!

Damon W

Righto heres the crack.

Got Adamant sponsor late November.

Received my shizzle late November/December.

Rode till preent day

heres the reviews:

Adamant A1 frame:

fook me, look at the b*****d, its an overbuilt animal. :)

features:

cnc'ed inbuilt brake booster

cnc'ed yoke

uber fat drop outs

super sick low seat tube height.

THE BEST GEOMETRY FRAME AVAILABLE IN MY OPINION. :)

and in answer to everyones " is bb rise good for this, that and t'other"

its awesome for EVERYTHING besides Taps to backwheel, to front there good but not back.

ZOO bars:

after moving from 30" Onza Carbon risers i thought these would feel ridiculasly poo and narrow, but shock hock horror, they feel WAY comfyer, and jut as wide :huh: , also apparently they are strong too! have em tilted forwards for uber leverage. :-

Echo Hifi stem (low):

theres really not much to say about a stem BUT its:

strong

light

4 bolt bar clamp

low stack height

nice finish and quality

Echo Headset:

smacked the b*****d in job done. :-

spins as smooth as a King imo.

strong as an oxe.

Nice finish and graphics.

HHUUGGEE bearings ;)

headset fork race (bit that smacks onto fork steerer tube) i split so thi mean eay instalation and removal.

Echo Urbans:

400mm centre of dropout to top of crown height, mean's there preety dam short, help for sidehops,hook's and gaps to front.

apparently super strong (Rossi shut it, Kyle shut it, lol)

available in;

4 bolt with disk mount

v-brake with disk mount

disk only

so suit everyone.

awesome polished finish

Echo front rim on echo front disk hub:

what can i say its took all the abuse i can throw at it and ive never trued it since ive have it.

only thing is was a bitch to grind, but because of the dense material, meaning super strong

spins smoothly

awesome width front rim 38mm means grip and round profile tyre issues are no more.

Echo bb:

spins nice no problems as yet

good, well thought out design.

choice of colours.

strong axle

Zoo cranks with echo 16t cog and bash:

fecking love these bitches.

stupidly stiff, translates into more power.

strong as fooooook

nice finish on all parts.

bash:

been twatted a few times even dropgapped to it and it laughed at me :unsure: super strong, dont be put off by the looks, i thought it would be weak too.

AHEM..Echo rear hub and rim:

rear rim has done suprisingly well considering, factory build and shitty spokes and its still sick

48mm wide, loose bounce, but gain stability.

Echo rear Hub freehub version.

well this wasnt so good.....died after 2 week as most now know :ermm:

firstly the bearings in the freehub went, now the things skipping to f**k, but its because the spring design isnt lasting ans looses tenion. WILL BE GOOD WHEN RE-RELEASED, or at least should be!

expect a full review as soon as i get one.

Echo Tensioner.

runs on inside of mech hanger, really good for silly' who sidehop that way.

just not keen on the allen key design ide rather have a spring.

Floating jockey wheel design means ALWAYS right chainline.

Ide like to thank:

Dave and Adam @ Tartybikes, for awesome service and there help with my silly needs

Tartybikes homepage

Deng, owner of Adamant/Zoo/Echo, for free bike ect ect

Adamantbike homepage

zoobike homepage

Echo homepage

Phil @ Selectbikes for the favour, cheers dude :) << good lad, RIDICULASLY helpful

Selectbikes homepage

IVE PROBABLY MISSED SOMETHING DOWN THE LINE, SO ADD ME FOR MORE INFO OR REPLY HERE:

damonhead@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by Dw@Hulltrials

that doesnt say much though , you need to have ridden it for AT LEAST a few months , im not doubting you or your abilitys im just saying you need to give it an extended period of testing/riding

no i dont i am giving a review based on the components after the time ive ridden it, then later on i will again.kk :-B)

you obviously you havent seen this kid ride that bike it has had so much abuse in these past few week's and the parst have held up well i woulndt call it advertising cause hes sponsored hes advertising but if i was to put it up you would thank me for it he has also said he will review it again to let you all know how its still holding up.

Ben

for the people that are saying "oh this is advertising" shut the f**k up!!! if the people who own the forum want to close it then its thier job not you other lot.

if you got nothing to say related to what demon said dont reply! the kids writing about experiences hes had.

hes telling us about the products hes used up to this date as people might wanna know, he might write another review next month saying the frames cracked but everything else is fine...i got no problem with that good bit of reading, dont see why anyone else would have a problem.

also, hes nuts...if something is going to break i would have thought they would have shown signs or even gone in a month of damons riding.

hes told us the echo hubs are wank...i know i didnt know this so hes shed some light on that, for me.

what if people wanted to buy a frame...not many people have used them...so it gives them some info on that.

so if your not a mod, STOP trying to be one.

nice one damon...good stuff :)

I want an adamant as i have craked me t-rex and it's helped me alot knowing what hes said i was unsure bout bb rise and stuf for street and damons one beasty street rider so it has helped alot knowing.

Cheers Kyle.

Edited by hinchcblob

My problem with this post is that someone who has received parts at a discount or free, and is hence acting as an agent for another company, and therefore is unlikey to want to jeapardise that position for the sake of being impartial. Yes, he's said he's not happy with a couple of bits, but in return for a company's outlay, he's providing them with advertising through this forum.

On top of that, much of what is written is speculation "It appears strong", "Echo BB, strong axle". Plus there's a lot of stating what the features are, and why they're good, but not how they're going to affect the bike to ride. CNC'd in built brake booster does what? Look nice? Affect the braking? Don't tell me what I can find out in any catalogue, tell me more.

A review is not "This is my new bike someone bought me, it's strong and everything about it is great!!!"

I should point out that I'm not trying to be, or have any desire to be, a moderator. I just don't want this forum filled up with pseudo-adverts from every boy and his dog, clogging up the forums and hiding the good posts. Adverts should stay in the top right hand corner, or in the news sub-forum.

My problem with this post is that someone who has received parts at a discount or free, and is hence acting as an agent for another company, and therefore is unlikey to want to jeapardise that position for the sake of being impartial. Yes, he's said he's not happy with a couple of bits, but in return for a company's outlay, he's providing them with advertising through this forum.

On top of that, much of what is written is speculation "It appears strong", "Echo BB, strong axle". Plus there's a lot of stating what the features are, and why they're good, but not how they're going to affect the bike to ride. CNC'd in built brake booster does what? Look nice? Affect the braking? Don't tell me what I can find out in any catalogue, tell me more.

A review is not "This is my new bike someone bought me, it's strong and everything about it is great!!!"

I should point out that I'm not trying to be, or have any desire to be, a moderator. I just don't want this forum filled up with pseudo-adverts from every boy and his dog, clogging up the forums and hiding the good posts. Adverts should stay in the top right hand corner, or in the news sub-forum.

its not an advert, damon is one of the hardest riders in the UK, he goes big and knows what works and what doesnt work. He just wanted to put a small review of what he has found over the past month with the bike.

give him a break, jesus, this is an informative post for those who want to buy the components, although maybe he could have left the web addresses off the post, but he isnt exactly going to be reviewing a product of viz's is he, he doesnt ride for them, so how or why would he evaluate these products.

THIS IS WHAT HE RIDES, he cant review stuff he doesnt use. this is not a form of advertising in my opinon. and its a better post than some of the others that are being put up in trials chat at the moment, jesus

give him a break

:)

How is this - and the Heatsink pad review - not advertising exactly?

Got sponsor, got bike, now advertising without buying another banner...

Right. I'm not for all these strict rules on advertising as most people are being harshly done by. However, as reprocussions have occured with ourselves involved, I feel the need to say this.

How is this topic still open. I made one topic in Sites about our new site and products available. It got deleted. I was then advised to making a new topic in News, about the stuff, which I did.

That then got moved to Sites Vids and Pics for some reason I have no idea about.

Then. That got deleted and I had no notice. Even though I've contacted Tom about it. I had the "Ive been away all weekend, no idea" Thing. I haven't been contacted by anyone except the intial new Mod Tank_Rider about the very first move.

I'm displeased to say the least.

Right. I'm not for all these strict rules on advertising as most people are being harshly done by. However, as reprocussions have occured with ourselves involved, I feel the need to say this.

How is this topic still open. I made one topic in Sites about our new site and products available. It got deleted. I was then advised to making a new topic in News, about the stuff, which I did.

That then got moved to Sites Vids and Pics for some reason I have no idea about.

Then. That got deleted and I had no notice. Even though I've contacted Tom about it. I had the "Ive been away all weekend, no idea" Thing. I haven't been contacted by anyone except the intial new Mod Tank_Rider about the very first move.

I'm displeased to say the least.

I'm guessing 'cos this thread isn't going to make him any money, but you're actively trying to get yourself money with your threads? That's a guess though, in that like Tom I don't know anything about it.

My main "problem" with reviews like this is that I just don't really believe them much, at all. After seeing some reviews on here and then having heard people talking 'in real life' about their products and having...erm...slightly "different" ideas, shall we say, no review on here by a sponsored rider seems credible. Same as people with a certain parts company making reviews that are basically total lies, simply because they want to keep in certain parts company owner's good books, to keep on being flowed products. Pretty easy way to get a lot of positive reviews of a product, to be fair. Before anyone has a go at me for saying that about this thread, note how I didn't, yeah? ;) Nice one.

But yeah, it's just a total lack of credibility really. Yeah yeah yeah, he's a great rider, etc. etc., but it doesn't really mean shit, if I'm honest. Other sponsored riders have totally lied about failings in the products they're using and how long parts are lasting, so it's just sorta sketchy really. Again, read what I said - DIDN'T say that's what's happening here.

The reason MBUK's tests are utter shit is because they are getting paid by companies for advertising fees, so they generally try and keep them sweet (According to guy who did work experience there, and it's pretty obvious to see anyway...). However, when you look at independent reviewers writing out reviews they're way more reliable. That's why, say, for brake pads I'd be more inclined to look at the Pads Review thread and get an overall idea of a pad instead of looking at Porter's thread, for example. Not shit-talking Porter here, I just mean that you're more likely to get an unbiased review out of someone who isn't sponsored by a company (in that the whole point about sponsorship is for a company to get their name out there. There's virtually no-one out there who'd flow people parts simply to "Help them achieve their riding goals" at all).

But f**k this, that's enough typing from me...

Echo rear Hub freehub version.

well this wasnt so good.....died after 2 week as most now know :ermm:

firstly the bearings in the freehub went, now the things skipping to f**k, but its because the spring design isnt lasting ans looses tenion. WILL BE GOOD WHEN RE-RELEASED, or at least should be!

expect a full review as soon as i get one.

Haha, didn't spot that bit before... Gotta love being cynical sometimes. To quote one person "72 engagements for £120 can't be bad". Ah well.

Any idea when the "redesigned" one's gonna be released then, or is it a start-from-scratch thing?

this is an informative post

Psyche

Seriously, if I want product information I can go on Tartybikes or Echo/Adamant websites. This topic is completely lacking any information of any worth at all. How you can write a 'review' after less than a months use and expect to write anything of worth is beyond me.

it's just a total lack of credibility really. Yeah yeah yeah, he's a great rider, etc. etc., but it doesn't really mean shit, if I'm honest. Other sponsored riders have totally lied about failings in the products they're using and how long parts are lasting, so it's just sorta sketchy really. Again, read what I said - DIDN'T say that's what's happening here.

Agreed

There isn't anything wrong with the design of the hubs, it's the manufacturing process of the mass produced finished item which failed quality and control inspections, therefore the hubs have been halted until further review into the process.

Although I'm sure Mark won't believe me, but that's the real deal with these hubs, take it or not, this is wha happens in Mechanical Engineering, Ive been doing it for 5 years, even the most rigerously tested parts and well designed parts fail through some kind of Material or manufacturing fail, even when the process is tested, things change

OnzaMark, I'm sure I remember you reviewing parts in a very similar fashion to Damons, forks or something, not sure though.

Maybe give Damon a break, it's a review, he's stated how long he has been using the parts, people know of his sponsors, it's there to read, if you think it's biased or un informative, ignore it, maybe some people will find it helpful along with the people that know Damon to say he wouldn't lie about a review.

I don't think this one post is clogging up space on the forum, if you don't "trust" it bite your fist and ignore it I think, no point getting into a slanging match for nothing.

Phil.

There isn't anything wrong with the design of the hubs, it's the manufacturing process of the mass produced finished item which failed quality and control inspections, therefore the hubs have been halted until further review into the process.

Fair enough. I was just asking what was happening with the hubs just 'cos Damon's post was pretty vague. Thanks for the info though.

Fair enough. I was just asking what was happening with the hubs just 'cos Damon's post was pretty vague. Thanks for the info though.

Yer, that's cool mate, I only told Damon myself after he made the post, I don't think he had any idea what was wrong with it, just that it broke, lol.

Phil.

Yer, that's cool mate, I only told Damon myself after he made the post, I don't think he had any idea what was wrong with it, just that it broke, lol.

Phil.

thanks for the info on the hub phil i just thought it was something dodgey when he got it at first but it carried on so i was like thats well crap im not going to trust that but if thats the case and the new one is going to be good ill be back on to trusting them again.

And damon has give an honest review as hes actualy found some parts to withstand his sick riding.

Ben