I Need To Grease My Pedals But Dont Have The Dmr Grease

Joe_Elding

maybe butter or margarine?

I don't know if there would be any long term effects though.... I wouldn't use too much though because it could cause heart disease later in your pedals life :D

I would say try it, it's only a pair of v8's and after all they can be easily replaced. I wouldn't try it on anything like a chris king though. :ermm:

maybe butter or margarine?

I don't know if there would be any long term effects though.... I wouldn't use too much though because it could cause heart disease later in your pedals life :D

I would say try it, it's only a pair of v8's and after all they can be easily replaced. I wouldn't try it on anything like a chris king though. :ermm:

Kris i don't think anyone in this world would use butter to lube there king up :lol:. Just stick some WD40 in, It allways works well with everything.

u really may think im joking,, but a mashed up banana !! has brilliant lubricative properties,

i think it will work better than butter,,

but i hav used butter before and its all good good..

but go on be a guinea pig,,stick a nana in it !!

iolo.

Care to explain I've had a look inside and cant see where it should go :(

Basically, poke the screwdriver in in the gap between the edge of the lockring and the inside edge of the pedal body. Then, you can put quite a lot of force (use the edge of the pedal body as a pivot, so it basically means you're increasing leverage) through the screwdriver and sorta force the lockring round. It's how I've had to do V8s for a while 'cos we didn't have a 12mm socket, but now I do I don't have to any more.

Joy.

But yeah, it usually works out fine (Y)

Vaseline is the best alternative out of all the things listed so your best bet is with that probably. Personally I'd got and buy a small tube of lithium grease at 1.20 or whatever is is down Les Smiths or Motorworld or whatever as it'll be about 20000 to the power of x times better. But if your cheap then yeah vaseline 'll do it I 'spose (Y) I've done it before :P