Mind Boggling Problem

John planet x

Yo, just fitting my bike together, got a new set up you see.

Got a king rear hub now, and stuck wheel on set up the gear for single speed. its 20-16 (too heavy ima change to 17). Everything looks and seems ok until i ride.

This is what happens:

When i put pressure on my left pedal, at a very certain point i feel and hear a clonk. Every time.

I can put pressure on my right pedal n all and feel n hear nothing its always my left side at 1 point.

I've narrowed a few things down. It cant be the hub itself, as the it is never at the same point of engagement and wheel is never in the same place when applying the pressure. The pedals are new, so wont be those. Everything is tight and in place properly as i can see witht he cranks and bb.

The only thing that i can think of is the rear or front chain ring, at a certain point is being irratated with the chain. This is the only thing that stays constant too, because the change ring is always at the same place with the cranks etc.

Maybe some slight chain suck at one point ?

Hope i am not too confusing, it probably makes more sense to me than anyone else. But if you could try and help i'd appreciate it.

edit

Oh and the chain cogs etc aint new, the rear cog was not running with the chain and front cog before change. But the chain and front cog where running together :P

Edited by John planet x

Brand new v8's. Was thinking it might of been chain suck on a certain point 0_o ive rode the bike before with pedals etc was fine

The noise is hard to explain, its when the crank is about 45 degrees pointing down, its a clonky grunty weird sound 0_o

Will have to inspect it tomorrow more :@

the only time ive had that "clonk" at the same point every turn its been my bottom bracket was slightly loose. Hold both ur cranks and wiggle them holding the frame hard with your knees, if you feel the cranks moving together then your bb is loose.

if this dosnt happen then..........who knows......

the only time ive had that "clonk" at the same point every turn its been my bottom bracket was slightly loose. Hold both ur cranks and wiggle them holding the frame hard with your knees, if you feel the cranks moving together then your bb is loose.

That's what i was trying to say, but i'm too tarded to put it in words you can comprehend lol.

Edited by Urpedigreechumdog

have you checked your chain for siff links?

is it running ok thorugh your mech or tensiner?

everything running through mech n all fine, i just tested my cranks/bb there and there is like a very very very very very small amount of movement? could this be the cause? ima put on my other wheel to see if it happens with that.

well.... if the clonk is at the same point everyrevolution, it cannot be anything to do with the rear end of the bike.... e.g. hub, derailer, tensioner, chain or whatever.

So it must be either pedals, cranks, bb or chainring? Stuff at the front end.

nobody has mentioned chainring yet....! check all the teeth etc?

apart from that i'm outta guesses....

good luck (Y)