Onza T-bird Le

trials aiden

Well mate if you are just a beginer to the trials world, i would say go for it because that is what i first started on. But i upgraded the parts on my bike slowly and mine lasted me untill i went to 26" trials, so basicly that was about a year. Then i sold it and the lad who i sold it to snapped it clean in half by thinking it was the f*****g strongest frame on the market and goes and drops 10ft. But oh well. But now i am back on the 20" side again with my zona zip and that should be built at christmas. So mate the choice is yours?.

Cheers !!!

Dan !!!

Well mate if you are just a beginer to the trials world, i would say go for it because that is what i first started on. But i upgraded the parts on my bike slowly and mine lasted me untill i went to 26" trials, so basicly that was about a year. Then i sold it and the lad who i sold it to snapped it clean in half by thinking it was the f*****g strongest frame on the market and goes and drops 10ft. But oh well. But now i am back on the 20" side again with my zona zip and that should be built at christmas. So mate the choice is yours?.

Cheers !!!

Dan !!!

cheers mate i think ill go for it (Y)

What "mad dan" said it does not really matter, because i upgraded my standard 20" backwheel and put a new 19" one on and it was perfectly fine for me.

Cheers !!!

Dan !!!

What's the price difference between that and the normal t-bird ? I'd be a little concerned about the HS11's cos rumour has it they're a bit on the cack side and by the time you've forked out a hundred quid for a pair of hs33's and another hundred or so on a new 19" back wheel you might regret going for the cheaper one.

pretty colours though.

at my shop I work at we have a t bird (with v brakes) a T bird upgrade (with hs11) and a t pro.

Out of all of them I prefer riding the bog standard t bird.

I like the geo and the brakes are mint, really fun to ride.

I dislike the t pro the most, I hate the brakes and the general feel, just feels slugish.

there we go, just thought I would throw a spanner in the works B)

at my shop I work at we have a t bird (with v brakes) a T bird upgrade (with hs11) and a t pro.

Out of all of them I prefer riding the bog standard t bird.

I like the geo and the brakes are mint, really fun to ride.

I dislike the t pro the most, I hate the brakes and the general feel, just feels slugish.

there we go, just thought I would throw a spanner in the works B)

isn't it the t-vee with the v's ?

t-pro's are lovely - bloody stock riders dont know what theyre talking about :P (well, the pedals are wank and they weigh too much but otherwise...)

anyway - if the t-bird LE is around the 200quid mark I say go for it. otherwise dont bother - save up for the hs33 t-bird or t-pro

You need to look at the T-Bird LE rear brake mounts to see if it is one of the sort that can truly adapt from 19" to 20" (there will be a little alloy block under the brake mount at either the top or the bottom). Picture tomorrow if I can get a spare moment.

To complicate matters sometimes people just attach their Maguras with Evo mounts, which fit across the entire gap. You might see what I mean from the above mentioned pictures, when I edit this and put them on tomorrow.

Some of the LEs were 20" only, although even then I heard of people putting the Maguras to the lowest position and running them (even at a slight angle) on 19" wheels.

Apart from the brake mounts the frames are exactly the same frame as the current - silver - T-Bird.

They are a good beginners bike (but then I would say that, wouldn't I ;) )

You need to look at the T-Bird LE rear brake mounts to see if it is one of the sort that can truly adapt from 19" to 20" (there will be a little alloy block under the brake mount at either the top or the bottom). Picture tomorrow if I can get a spare moment.

To complicate matters sometimes people just attach their Maguras with Evo mounts, which fit across the entire gap. You might see what I mean from the above mentioned pictures, when I edit this and put them on tomorrow.

Some of the LEs were 20" only, although even then I heard of people putting the Maguras to the lowest position and running them (even at a slight angle) on 19" wheels.

Apart from the brake mounts the frames are exactly the same frame as the current - silver - T-Bird.

They are a good beginners bike (but then I would say that, wouldn't I ;) )

hav u done the picz?

Sorry, I was very busy today. I just knocked together a little drawing for you. Hope this helps. I did have a photo at work, but I don't always look at the forum every day...

EDIT: Looking at it, I think that should read "the 20" only sort" and for the convertible sort you need a longer bolt at one end.

IPB Image

Edited by BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

They dont make the red and grey t-bird anymore, but they do make the t-vee, and the lates t-bird with maguras and 19'' backwheel.

It should have 14mm rear axle,19" rear wheels have 10mm,all you have to do is get some adaptors from ALANS BMX (someone must have a link because i dont know it) thats all i did on my da bomb (Y) and it worked absolutly fine,just had to set my vee's up but that only took like 5 minutes tops,If you like the bike mate,go for it,because no one else is going to be riding it,you are,FOLLOW YOUR HEART :wub:

Dave....hope i helped (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)