Www.zhibike.com

deonn trials 55

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Dec 14 2005, 05:38 PM)

oh my god!

Whole bike is a complete Python copy!

Rims=Echo 2005

Bars=Zoo copy

I may be a complete and utter goon, But something tells me yao has taken ideas from his old sponsor.

ZHIBIKE.com ? :o

Zoobike.com

the cranks are echo 05s aswell

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Dec 14 2005, 05:38 PM)

oh my god!

Whole bike is a complete Python copy!

Rims=Echo 2005

Bars=Zoo copy

I may be a complete and utter goon, But something tells me yao has taken ideas from his old sponsor.

ZHIBIKE.com ? :o

Zoobike.com

The guy who made it used to ride for Zoo I think, but left

So he made his own frame, he obviously liked the Zoo/Echo parts ;)

Mat

Edited by mattyboy_69_

The guy who made it used to ride for Zoo I think, but left

So he made his own frame, he obviously liked the Zoo/Echo parts ;)

Mat

He rode for them yes, and left stupidly.

The japanese are renowned for being great copiers, They take a design and make into something better, take the toyota car for example, Or the kawasaki Motorcycle.

nah its probs just another offshoot from deng, he might of left zoo but not left deng lol

Ben

I'm not being a dick here (or trying not to be!)

But thats ridiculous! He left what was a perfectly good sponsorship! If he liked the zoo bikes why not stay!, instead of making his own almost-identical copies of them, I'm sure deng would not want to bond buisness with him if he left the team either. Yao was the first Zoo! rider.

Zhi bikes is not another one of Deng's little companies, it's Yao Zhi's one and only company seeing as he broke away from Zoo!. Also he has borrowed a lot from the YZ Python for his Zhi ZM1 mod frame, seeing as his promodel was the 05 Python short, I don't see any wrong in taking one's own frame and tweaking it a little to suit his exact demands... Could even call the ZM1 frame a 2006 short Python maybe, it looks nice, and copying is a part of trials now, everyone does it, especially Onza in the past what with their T-Pro, T-Rex, T-Mag, T-Lite, Hog rims... all borrowed or copied designs.

One thing I do hate is when loads of companies like Onza, Viz, and Zhi off the top of my head, put KMC Kool chains on their sites as if they were theirs. Such as Supercycle's 'Onza Kool Chain'...... :blink: Not having a dig at Onza or anything, but its a bit odd.

Plus, deanie-b, Yao Zhi left Zoo! because Deng probably wasn't the nicest boss? Just look at the way Deng lays out his Echo/Zoo/GU/Czar/Adamant sites, a lot of the descriptions are bit arrogant and kinda super biased to make his products look good, he's probably as manipulative in real life so Yao Zhi probably couldn't stand being around an arsehole? Not having a go at you deanie, but you've got a lot of facts wrong, Deng and Yao Zhi are not Japanese, they are from China. :-

Edited by Sponge

deanie-b,

Not to give you any great criticism but Yao Zhi is not Japanese. He is Chinese. And so is Qijong Deng.

The 20" inch from does look like a Python copy and the parts do look like a collection of Echo parts. The 26" inch bike looks like The 2005 Zoo pitbull. But, I am glad the young man has his own company. One thing I did not know is that he is 23 years old! I thought he was still a teenager.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

deanie-b,

Not to give you any great criticism but Yao Zhi is not Japanese. He is Chinese. And so is Qijong Deng.

The 20" inch from does look like a Python copy and the parts do look like a collection of Echo parts. The 26" inch bike looks like The 2005 Zoo pitbull. But, I am glad the young man has his own company. One thing I did not know is that he is 23 years old! I thought he was still a teenager.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

Thanks for that! :)(Y)

I don't think deng's an arsehole sponge (don't know real name) I think he is just spreading his money around, It's doing him some favours (Y) Look at how many people are going for adamant's, GU'S , and Czar's....It makes good sense.

Lets be fair, Of course Deng's descriptions of frames are going to be totally biased, Thats because he wants to make his money, Isn't that what every company does ? :)

Furthermore, He can be an arsehole as much as he likes, At the end of the day, Yao can walk anytime he wants to.

Cheers (Y)

Edited by deanie-b

Deng's especially biased lol, you don't see Onza going 'These frames are the best, amazing CNC'd parts and other competitors frames aren't as strong'.... Deng won't be honest about a lot of stuff on his site, whereas when I talk to Supercycles on the phone, they are more honest about frames and parts.

deanie-b,

You made a good point. Every company says that their product is the best, after all, it's their product! If I had a company I would certainly say that my products are the best thing since toilet paper. And the influx of new products does give consumers a variety of products to choose from. Even if it is from the same company which can be both good and bad.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

I like this guy :P ^

If i was also lucky enough to have a company, I think I would go for the begging approach I.E

My grandmother needs two new hips, and I can't afford to pay for them, Please buy a few frames, Then I will have enough to get my nan back on her feet again, She would be eternally grateful to you.

:-

deanie-b,

Going with the begging approach are we! I hope you have good luck, I try the same thing with the ladies but it doesn't seem to work very well. Please baby, baby please!

It just makes sense to brag about your own products. After all, you made them and you want to make a profit, a good way to get peoples attention is to say "My product are the cats B.O. and everyone else is a load of crap." Now, the trick is making sure your products really are as good as you say they are.

Ride On,

Deadly Venom

deanie-b,

Going with the begging approach are we! I hope you have good luck, I try the same thing with the ladies but it doesn't seem to work very well. Please baby, baby please!

It just makes sense to brag about your own products. After all, you made them and you want to make a profit, a good way to get peoples attention is to say "My product are the cats B.O. and everyone else is a load of crap." Now, the trick is making sure your products really are as good as you say they are.

Ride On,

Deadly Venom

I don't actually own a company!

Although that would be fun

try chat-up lines with the laydeez!, But watch for flying fists\hands. :P:D

They dont copy they use the original machines and turn out production to get a lil more profit on the sly either by the staff or the company

For Example:

A nissan one tonne pick up truck of the late 70's early 80's had a copy of a B series Rover\Mg\BMC engine, The only real difference was that the head nuts were metric sizes, not AF sizes. The other difference was that they didn't leak oil like a colander, Unlike the british versions.

So in theory, They took an Engine, Copied it, but made it better in the process.

Cheers.