Tarty Gone Mad!?!?!

deanie-b

Maybe economies of scale or something

Doubt it.

Is he's a proper magura dealer they won't knock LOADS, ie £20 per unit, off an item just because a certain company is buying *so many* more. Also, magura wise. Dealers in the UK won't be ordering that many more than TB's anyway, them being a trials shop.

Bah.

Just bite it and buy it. Or get one 2nd hand :)

Doubt it.

Is he's a proper magura dealer they won't knock LOADS, ie £20 per unit, off an item just because a certain company is buying *so many* more. Also, magura wise. Dealers in the UK won't be ordering that many more than TB's anyway, them being a trials shop.

Yea but a trials specific shop will sell a lot less than something like chainreactioncycles, who distribute to XC, Downhill and Trials even some BMX just thought was a silly thread! but i get your point thanks!

It comes with 4bolt mounts which are £20 a pop now anyway. Im sure hed do it cheaper if you wanted without

You can get 4-bolt mounts with sets of magura HS33 instead of EVO mounts if you ask nicely, as this is basically what I do, so it doesn't cost any more for having 4-bolt mounts in the set, the reason they are that price is because that's the price, maguras trade a expensive, if you see them cheap like £50 anywhere it's probably because they are OEM parts bought in massive bulk without boxes, instructions, spare bits or any other pointless bits which come along with maguras, hence why they are so much cheaper at some places.

Phil.

You can get 4-bolt mounts with sets of magura HS33 instead of EVO mounts if you ask nicely, as this is basically what I do, so it doesn't cost any more for having 4-bolt mounts in the set, the reason they are that price is because that's the price, maguras trade a expensive, if you see them cheap like £50 anywhere it's probably because they are OEM parts bought in massive bulk without boxes, instructions, spare bits or any other pointless bits which come along with maguras, hence why they are so much cheaper at some places.

Phil.

Ok thanks phil (Y)

maguras are a riduclously priced brake at trade!

we bought one set in for a customer and sold for the same price as a well known mbuk advertiser and made about £5 profit. not worth us stocking mags cant buy enough or sell enough to make it worthwhile

Ye, that's exactly the problem for small shops, that's why I don't stock them for sale, not worth it.

Phil.

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Dec 15 2005, 06:07 PM)

Hi guys,

Just trying to clarify something,

Upon checking on Tarty's today, I found that they're an official Magura stockist now (Y) Fair play boys.

But a single Magura hs33 is advertised as £70 pounds!

I thought it was more around £50 per brake?

Cheers.

no the price is correct :D

is quite expensive though

Edited by stevecoust

£70 is pretty much the retail price. They will always be cheaper as a pair as there is only call for one lot of packaging etc. It's hard for small trials companies as they can't compete with big retailers such as chain reaction etc on price, but if they want to be a complete trials shop then you have to sell maguras.

they charge alot for the pair aswell it might be my age but arent they ment to be £100

No, it's only dodgy shops in the back of MBUK that sell them for £100 per set. The RRP is about £140 or something. If you don't think they are worth £70, don't buy em from Tarty. But £70 for a brand new brake, including the 4 bolt mounts seems like a pretty good deal to me :)