Wanna Do A Demo

lankyri

ok ive been wanting to do this for ages and i think next year would be best and wait for the nicer weather, my local bike shop JD cycles has a large open space infront of the store big enough to do a demo i think now here are my questions.

who would i need to contact to get this demo done and not be arrested

would the council provide the ridin materials or would i have to sort that out

how many riders could i have without it being crampted

and will it cost me anything

id love to do a demo just to get the word trials word out there and show the people how good the sport is and what you can actually do on a bicycle hope you can help me lads and lassies (Y)

I think its more work then you would imagine, consider

health and safety (public) issues,

insurance,

organising,

advertising,

sponsership perhaps,

council being arseholes,

road safety (traffic control) perhaps,

first aid (for public and riders)

electricity (if using floodlighting/audio commentary)

fire safety

Council (probably) wouldn't help out with obsticles, but go to a local factory, they're always trying to get rid of old cotton reels and pallets.

You may need to take it up with the local council too to equire on any precautions with them for outdoor events (permission), even though it is on private property, the public are allowed on it, which make it a whole different ball game.

0845 345 0055 is the number for the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) its an annoymous helpline for this kind of stuff, they'll give you all the guidence you would need.

Its important to follow all the guidlines, the last thing you want is a civil claim on your hands, and believe me, there are people who will find something to claim for.

sounds like youve done a demo mate cheers for help mate well

sponsorship local bike shop and supermarket and skate park

materials i could go to trading estate

advertising put up flyers etc in shops

insurance i wouldnt have a clue about though

audio just a megaphone :P

but yeah want to do it sometime next year but thanks for the comment anzo made me realise bout the pricks out there who want to spoil everything (Y)

anymore ideas mates

cheers ric

I think you coud get away with no insurance if all the riders sign some sort of disclaimer and the area is fenced off so that none of the publice can get in to the actual riding area. other than that it shoud be easy.

Hmm, trials is too unpredictable so a disclaimer would be good, however you must consider the public at all times. What if they trip up on a cable? Hit by a bike, ect ect.

Remember if its on the shops land, its the shops problem. Talk to the owner and see about Public Liability Insurance for the demo.

Me and my mates did one at a local country park when they had like a summer fair type thing. We just used crates, an x-line ramp and a rail which we all had to supply. We had to fill out a risk assesment form and that was about it really. All we did then was turn up on the day, set the course out and ride.

Hey!

I have done some demos, I'm from Norway so I'm not shure if you got the same rules as we do.

But, a college asked me if I wanted to have a demo at their last day before the summerholydays.

they almoust fixed everything for me, and I made a little place with "epals" I'm not shure what you call it.(it is made of planks and forklifts lift them. Yeah I know best description ever :- )

I didn't need to write under anything.

Having a demo is scary, but it's such fun! If you get the chance to have a demo, thake the chance!

Eirik Totland ;)

so thats why you was late out simp on here i see leaving me ride by myself for like an hour cheers.

yes well im seriously thinking about this demo need to talk to people who wants to be in and council and stuff and need materials etc.

my ailsbury did you do a demo and made it part of your roadtrip this year where yuo road portsmouth stoke on trent bristol and porthcrawl if so that demo made me want to do one so big up for yourself and t-rex kid sorry dont no your name.

well il keep you all posted on the situation and well night im off to sleep then get up and ride yey

this is for anyone who has seen roadtrip 05 by the dammtion cre (GET BACK you b*****d) :lol::lol::lol:

rick at the shop we have 15 foot we can go out, this means that the far edge of the bench is in theory ours and all he way accross the shop the concil couldnt really say much, it could all be marked of etc so people couldnt wlak through, but its gonna be som long winded getting it sorted

so thats why you was late out simp on here i see leaving me ride by myself for like an hour cheers.

yes well im seriously thinking about this demo need to talk to people who wants to be in and council and stuff and need materials etc.

my ailsbury did you do a demo and made it part of your roadtrip this year where yuo road portsmouth stoke on trent bristol and porthcrawl if so that demo made me want to do one so big up for yourself and t-rex kid sorry dont no your name.

well il keep you all posted on the situation and well night im off to sleep then get up and ride yey

this is for anyone who has seen roadtrip 05 by the dammtion cre (GET BACK you b*****d) :lol::lol::lol:

No lol didn't go on road trip and never done a demo lol :blink: and if by t-rex kid you mean t-rex trials 2005 then a big LOL because he never does anything at all :P

mr ailsbury- o well its a great vid and lol to t-rex kid do something boy you got the right bike

ian- will do mate gonna right letter in college wheni m nextr in there lol and hopefully get trading est or focus to help us out with pallets etc. if it goes through should be a laugh and i do hope your frame comes on tuesday need other people to ride with in benfleet and get that kid on the xtp to come out or snap his frame jokes

my idea dude i wanna write the letter also i can get jeffreys to help me cos she knows the mayor of benfleet or what ever so she could pull some springs for me if i make a cup of tea for her juring college

ian- why is ben being a knob??? you have been like best buds wid him for ages or are you just had a little argument like me n you a while back (so childish)

my idea dude i wanna write the letter also i can get jeffreys to help me cos she knows the mayor of benfleet or what ever so she could pull some springs for me if i make a cup of tea for her juring college

ian- why is ben being a knob??? you have been like best buds wid him for ages or are you just had a little argument like me n you a while back (so childish)

I think he meant the guy on the xtp is a knob.

I could get a few people to come up if you need any help/riders etc.

• 3 months later...