Onza T-pro 05 Weakness..?

laurent

T-pro's are as strong as alot of other frames, the only reason t-pro's get a bad rep for snapping is that mainly begginers ride them, as it's a cheap budget frame. Ideal for the begginer!

Of course if a pro rode one too, it woudl probably snap eventually, but won't everything?

If you're a smoother rider, stuff lasts longer! Fact.

I might get another t-pro, miss my old one :(

I've cracked two so far :Plol on my third T-Pro now and they lasted about 6 or 7 monthes each but cracked at the top of the downtube by the weld on both of them... still quite strong though cos im a fatty :P and do quite big stuff

IPB Image

IPB Image

^^ pics of the crack in the first frame

when they cracked i sent them back to super cycles and got half price replacements both times.

ToM

Even though they do crack they still ride foopin nice so its whether you want a long lasting frame or a nice riding cheaper frame?

Edited by mr ailsbury

do you think for example that t-pro is stronger than a koxx levelboss?

do you think it will be better to buy a used levelboss or a new t-pro?

buy a t-pro just so you dont have to have a gay over priced koxx bike... or get a Zona Zip (£159 on super cycles)

or get a team or python off tarty...

ToM

I love my t-poo, it's cheap, rides great and is green. its been going since August without a hint of a crack.

When/if it does break you get a half price replacement (if you buy new - the warranty is non transferable ).

i dont trust 2nd hand ally frames so i wouldnt get the levelboss.

CLS python & zip are looong - hard to ride for noob types like me

I know that echo team or zoo are reliable.....my question is....

is Onza t-pro weak (as wee can read it on forums)? or is it a rumour?

T-pro is it reliable or not?

If y buy a t-pro today, could i ride it again in one year or will it be broken?

For information: i have an intermediate level.....

T-mag is also a nicer looking bike with better geomitry. plus you get a disk.

But the spec 1 of the t-mag (about the same price of the t-pro), give me nothing more.....morever it seems to me that t-mag is also said to bo weak!

But the spec 1 of the t-mag (about the same price of the t-pro), give me nothing more.....morever it seems to me that t-mag is also said to bo weak!

i had a t-mag, i bought it to be different from my mates because they had t-pros, eventually i found out the t-mag is pretty sh** compared to the t-pro, eg,

• the t-mag is alot heavier than the t-pro
  • the downtubes are not as strong as on the t-pro
  • the only difference between the spec on the t-mag and t-pro is the forks and disc
Don't be decived by the looks of the t-mag, its weak and shit.

i had a t-mag, i bought it to be different from my mates because they had t-pros, eventually i found out the t-mag is pretty sh** compared to the t-pro, eg,

the t-mag is alot heavier than the t-pro

the downtubes are not as strong as on the t-pro

the only difference between the spec on the t-mag and t-pro is the forks and disc

Don't be decived by the looks of the t-mag, its weak and shit.

Ok thanks, t-bad for your answers....your words confirm what i use to read about t-mag!

So if i 'll buy a onza 20" it'll be a t-pro!

So i'm waiting for a maximum of reviews, especially about the reliability, concerning T-pro.....to be sure that buy a t-pro is not waste money (despite of the lower price!)....

If you buy a t-pro your buying a good reliable cheap frame.

Also your buying into the onza warrenty which is amazing.

You cant go wrong buying a t-pro really, its the ideal beginners bike.

Just look at the review on tartybikes... http://tartybikes.co.uk/products.php?product=bikes

So basically the T-Pro is not weak, yes you can snap/crack it but you can do that on any frame.

Also you will hear of more t-pro's snapping or cracking as there a loads of them about.

Id recommend the T-Pro for you.

if you go on this site it gives you all the reviews for most bikes

http://biketrials.com/review/Product_Revie...20__/index.html

(Y)

I have read it yet! And it's why i as to people .....

Because sevral reviews are like the following: "This bike is good for beginners but once you start getting good the frame will crack or snap as this happened to my friend. "....

And as i'm getting good....

It's why i'm looking at most reviews i can get, to now the reality.

Because, we can easily understand that the one who broke a T-pro is the one who will say "it's a big sh*t"!".....

And the one who don't will say it's a wonderfull bike!

Me, i'm trying to approach the truth....

My goal is succeed in doing a choice thanks true informations.....not thanks rumor...but it appear to be difficult!

My dilemma is: choose a New T-pro 05 or a used levelboss 04 for about the same price....

Moreover, i'd like taht my bike last about 2 years without any carck....

This is my exact questioning....

And if i ask opinions on the forum, it's because i now that a lot of riders use Onza t-pro in england whereas here in france only 1 or two people ride it!

So i hope your answers could help me to make a choice! (a good choice)

have you broken any frames before ?

if you're the kind of person who breaks frames then you're probably going to break a t-pro and you might want to consider a frame that's thought to be very strong - I've never owned a python or team but they seem to have a reputation for being nearly unbreakable.

don't forget - if you break a t-pro you get another one half price so thats 2 frames for £300 - if you break it - or one for £200 if you dont

when you compare it to £285 for a python or team it's actually quite a hard decision.

Things were a lot simpler before echo/zoo/etc dropped their prices.

Got one of the first t-pros in the country when they came out and its still being ridden. It has a small crack but is fine :D

Was the first to get the t-mag aswell and i snapped it in 5 weeks :ermm:

Yep i'm still riding that frame.

05 frames are absolutly WANK!!!!!

I ended up ripping the threads out of the BB in an hour :o

(and before you say I put the BB in correct <_< )