The Monty

SIDEBURN

Took some pics of the project (:

Its a shitty 219 for those who doesnt now (: but its steel...

Waiting for the money to roll in and i dont think im gonna manage to work in the garage when the holidays are approaching ;)

Well.. this is as far as i have come..

Will not use the bar stem and fork i have on the pics..

Just wanted to look what it looked like with the new wheels "wheel" on, didnt test the frontwheel though..

Here are some pics.. More to come!

Driveside

IPB Image

Front

IPB Image

Rear

IPB Image

Thats all for now (: Merry Christmas and happy Newyears!... Cheers (Y)

Its not even half finished! sorry to be un creative but that still needs time and money all i see is a frame, a half finished rear wheel frame and half sprayed forks sorry!

Well, if you just took time reading what i wrote its pics of the project.. Dont know about you but i dont get my bikes ready over a weekend... I like doing it from scratch.. Lets see what you can do and if you can do it better shall we? ^_^

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Dec 16 2005, 07:27 PM)

Cool :) :)

Why is it everyone rides monty's in sweden? Apart from backgren :-

Where abouts in swe you from?

Haha dont know why.. I bought this quite cheap from some guy and thought it would be a good bike

to practice on (:

Trial isnt so big in sweden.. There are a few bikeshops who sell Trialframes but its getting more i think (:

Im from a town called Jönköping in south sweden (:

• 4 weeks later...

Update with some new pics :) .. The frame is almost fully primed and ready for paint..which colour do you think? :) A colour that flows together with green hs33:s ;)

Close rear

IPB Image

Rear

IPB Image

Front

IPB Image

The workshop

IPB Image

From behind

IPB Image

Thats all for now :) .. I'll update when i've given it some paint.. Cheers

looks good but i was you i would get it front freewheel set up. strangely it looks nice in the creamy white primer :ermm: mabye do it cream that would make the hs33's stand out a touch though :P

well done hope its finnished soon (Y)

edit: is that a scewer through the back wheel ? that'll make tensioning hard

Edited by joshywa

are you hand painting it?

looks gd so-far :)

Thanks for the comment :)..Well yeah i have a spraybox at home :) dont know how to say the word in english because im swedish ;) but im not gonna paint it with a brush or a spraycan :P

looks good but i was you i would get it front freewheel set up. strangely it looks nice in the creamy white primer :ermm: mabye do it cream that would make the hs33's stand out a touch though :P

well done hope its finnished soon

edit: is that a scewer through the back wheel ? that'll make tensioning hard

Thanks for the comment :) ..Yes it is a scewer.. but i dont know how the setup will be when its finished, maybe im getting new hubs.. Im thinking about black or white, both colours looks good with green monty stickers ;)

I like it good job so far and i thing dark grey/black would look great ;)

Oggy

Thanks,Yeah i think it will be all black :)

looks good so far mate,it will soon look like alot more has been done when you get it sprayed.

when i built my bmx from scratch it felt like it was taking ages and you start to get bored and wonder where all your money is going (N) , but when you get it sprayed you want to get it done again and really want to ride it ;) .

just keep at it.

just about to start my trials bike (it will be built from scratch and finished for the summer)

Callum

looks good so far mate,it will soon look like alot more has been done when you get it sprayed.

when i built my bmx from scratch it felt like it was taking ages and you start to get bored and wonder where all your money is going (N) , but when you get it sprayed you want to get it done again and really want to ride it ;) .

just keep at it.

just about to start my trials bike (it will be built from scratch and finished for the summer)

Callum

Yeah i know how it is (: you get bored pretty easy when its just the boring things to do.. but when you get to the fun parts like the painting and putting all new parts together you get new strength and really want to see it finished (: My goal is to have it ready for late spring (: Good luck with your projects to mate..

Thanks for the comments! (:

ur in year 9 int you,wat bike dya say u gt?

I've taken some time, and i'll have a go at translating this into proper english for you all

"you are in year 9 are you not? which bike did you say you own?"

It's not perfect, but it's the best i can do ^_^

Mike!!!

• 2 months later...

If ive started a thread i might aswell finish it :P...

This is as far as i have come now with my budget project..

Painted it last sunday.. it became pretty good (:

IPB Image

IPB Image

And this is the parts wich will probably be a bike this week..

If i get the remaining parts wich ive ordered.. they should be here tomorrow (:

Ill update then..

As you see its not much but its a fun bike so why dont renovate it ;)

Thats all for now.. Cheers!

Yeah i know how it is (: you get bored pretty easy when its just the boring things to do.. but when you get to the fun parts like the painting and putting all new parts together you get new strength and really want to see it finished (: My goal is to have it ready for late spring (: Good luck with your projects to mate..

Thanks for the comments! (:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Sweeden you ride with the rear brake on the right hand side of the bar, the opposite to us brits. Noticed your smileys ( (: ) are also the other way round to the british ones! ( :) )

How strange!

The frame's looking good by the way, looks like you've done a decent job of painting it (Y)

Alun

Hello

Thats quite a nice project you have got there, How much do you think you will spend in the end when the bike is finished and ready to ride? Are those Monty wheels new because they look it.

Anyways it looks good so far especially now the frame has been sprayed over (Y)

Cheers joe

Edited by Joe_Da_Man

looking good mate, make sure you post finished pics. (Y)

Gonna try my best (: ... Thanks (:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Sweeden you ride with the rear brake on the right hand side of the bar, the opposite to us brits. Noticed your smileys ( (: ) are also the other way round to the british ones! ( :) )

How strange!

The frame's looking good by the way, looks like you've done a decent job of painting it (Y)

Alun

Haha yeah :D you've right about the brake but the smileys i dont know :P.. ive always done them that way (: .. i think its from person to person ;) Thanks! (: it reallly cheers me up to hear.. well its not to compare with other paintjobs but yeah i managed to get it quite good except for som places on it, but who cares (: You dont see it from england anyway ;)

Hello

Thats quite a nice project you have got there, How much do you think you will spend in the end when the bike is finished and ready to ride? Are those Monty wheels new because they look it.

Anyways it looks good so far especially now the frame has been sprayed over (Y)

Cheers joe

Thank you (: .. I think about 6500 swedish crowns as it is now with only one rearbrake and som original parts.. i bought it quite shitty for 2800 swedish crowns and i bought the wheels (221) new from the swedish Monty dealers for 1900 crowns... So about 500 British pounds to get it ready.. not so much i guess (:

Yeah the last guy who had it painted it with soft yellow housepaint.. what an idiot (:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Will update ass soon as i get the remaining parts.. Cheers