Monty 221 Rear Brake

trialskid14

Ok I have decided that I'm going to get the 221 dual disk. I now have the decesion of get the magua matras with monty pads or the hope trials. I really want the hope but I'm consurned with the locking power and pad movment of them for the rear. I have seen Dani Comas use them and he has no trouble with them but then again hes Dani Comas. Whats your guys thought on this. Anyone used Hopes?

Edited by trialskid14

Deffinately get the hope brakes , they are unberleavably powerful.I`t takes about 1 week to bed them in fully.The marta`s are ok but after a while the levers go really wobbely and the brake slipps all the time.What you may find with the hope brakes is that they are too good!! .Especially the rear brake.But i`m sure you will get used to it.

Thanks

Deonn.

Hi

I used to run martas, and found no problems with them, they are really good, i used them at the world championships.

The only real reason i switched to hopes was because i find the levers are slightly better, and hopes are easier to repair.

If you can get hopes get them, but if not, it doesnt really matter to much

Scott (Y):D