Demoted from Master:

Jordi Rubio (Spain)

Josef Dressler (Czech)

Florian Tournier (France)

Isamu Hasenaka (Japan)

Edward Tonegue (UK)

Daniel Cegarra (Spain)

Alexis Touteau (France)

To stay in Elite or Masters you have to participate in at least 1 worlds round every year, or have something to prove you have been sick or injured.

I do not believe that all of those master riders should be in Masters. Not many of them competed this year and not many of the rest had a valid reason to stay in Masters. I can't remember everyone, but did Akrigg and Ashton really compete this year? I know at least one of them has been injured, but the last i heard none of the UK riders have sent in the neccessary papers to stay in Masters.

EDIT: yeah phil, the world records seem abit strange.... All records are achieved on Monty bikes, and some stuff is just not big enough. The "vertical step" records are old but shit they're massive (Y) I've seen the 20" record on video, with that german dude. The 175cm's by Ot Pi in 2000 would be cool to see... And i'm sure 175 can be beaten by someone now, 5 years later on. Vince was close but didn't make it in Czech ...

Edited by Backgren

did Akrigg and Ashton really compete this year? I know at least one of them has been injured, but the last i heard none of the UK riders have sent in the neccessary papers to stay in Masters.

Akrigg had a broken bone in his right wrist, documents were given to Japan. (Instead of riding he did the technical control in Britain!)

Ashton & Hawyes both rode in Britain.

Savage rode Elite.

Also, what i heard from the BIU/EBU meeting that was held a while ago was that Andrei is seeded for Masters 2006 but since the people that arranged the meeting didn't do it proper noone knows what's going on really.

BikeTrial UK has questioned Head Office about Andrei not being seeded, the reply ...

"this time we will promote 2 riders from Expert for 2006. The meeting was held immediately after the final event of WBC. The main reason is, in the effective points, Burton got 38 points (one time 2 nd but the rest is below 5th) and the 1st 57 points (won twice) and the 2nd 47 points (one time second and 2 times 3rd)." (N)

Just got off the phone from speaking to a very angry Andrei basically there is no reason for him not being seeded. The BIU changed the amount of riders seeded from 3 to 2 AFTER! the last round in Japan! I can't see how this can be done :angry:

Basically Andrei is speeking to a few people tomorrow to try and make some scense of it all and if they still refuse to seed him he isn't going to bother riding BIU next year and is just going to concentrate on UCI.

The most anoying this is that he is £2000 in debt from going to Japan which he only did becuase he knew he had a big chance of being seeded but now thats been taken away that money spent has been for nothing!!

The BIU is killing our sport!

Edited by Matt_Tupman

I'm sure I sam him on some competition movie about 1,5-2 years ago. He was riding mod, probably levelboss.

yeah he rode senior at the worlds in 2003( which he won by miles).

The reson he's in elite and master is because

A) he quilified through senior and expert

B) if you qualify to elite you automatically get quilified for master.

( I THINK)

Hope this helps

hey guys sorry that i am a bit late into the topic but about the whole andrei being annoyed tell him tht the annoyance will wear off and tell him that he should just concentrate on the riding come back and than have a bit of fresh revenge its great. Also winning is the best way to annoy any person lol :P:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE ON THE ANDREI SITUATION:

From what I've heard from the man, Andrei Burton has now been seeded into the Masters category, much thanks to the efforts of the BikeTrials UK Committe (nice one Matt and Barb (Y)).

Andrei himself is in a plaster cast as his buggered ankle has finally gone. He is however in the hands of Simon Lord, the physiotherapist that got people like me and Neil T back on our feet. Andrei should be riding again by March or April, and Simon is doing absolutely everything to try and restore some strength and fitness to Andrei's quite broken body (extreme work is being done on his back, elbows, knees and ankles which are all heavily damaged after years of hard riding).

Come the start of the next season, Andrei will be back on his feet, he will be stronger, fitter and tougher than he has ever been in his life and is totally stoked about bringing home a good result.

Watch this space.

Rich

From what I've heard from the man, Andrei Burton has now been seeded into the Masters category, much thanks to the efforts of the BikeTrials UK Committe (nice one Matt and Barb (Y)).

I think we're still waiting for a reply from Japan, but we looked through the 2005 rule at the meeting and it clearly stated that the top 3 riders from Expert will be seeded to Master at the end of every year.

Basically they don't have a leg to stand on (Y) to pun intended Andrei :P

• 3 weeks later...