Echo Team '05/profile Hub/chain Tensioners

Olly C

Hi guys,

I've got the Team with the CNC headtube thing, a profile and standard bmx chain tensioners (quite beefy)

Problem is the Team seems to have A ) Really short dropouts and B ) dropouts surrounded by blocks and stuff (hard to explain)

Here:

[attachmentid=2466]

Now my chain tensioners are too large to fit in the small gap, So I think damn... I'll just have to pull the wheel back into tension.. but no the profile washer thing is also too big to fit in there aswell so I'd need to run raw bolts :S

I dont have any snail clams either so whats my options what are people doing with there Profile/Team?

Please reply asap,

Cheers Olly

My profile washers were too big for my python's dropout but i just put them against it, scrateched where they needed to be cut down to, then got my grinder out and made them bodged like that.

Its the easiest way really. I wouldnt run raw bolts onto your frame cos thatll f**k it bigtime.

Won't any thin snail cams fit in?Or does the skrew which the snail cams would push against, go all the way through your stay so you can put it into the outsides of the frame, then put your cams on the outside? Meaning its not pushing your frame out?

Nick..

I havent got any snail cams on me at the moment and Im needing it setup for tomorrow.

Theres enough room in the stays for snail cams but then I'd still need to do something with the profile bolts.

Im currently thinking either try and hacksaw the tensioners down so hopefully my profile bolts will fit over the top, or make a washer to fit inside the stay bits and run the bolt and chain tensioners ontop of that.

Just wanted to see what others have done in the same situation really.

I've just finished hacksawing the old stlye echo mini bash to fit the new square tapered echo cranks because there wider and come out at an angle.

Ahh the joys of building a bike the day before a ride :P

Olly Man

I know for a fact that the Fresh Products snail cams fit that setup cos Joe was running the same.

I wouldnt have been able to bring you some tomorrow as well, but i cant :-

:( Come on Todge make some effort, steal someone down your roads car or something?

I've got it pretty sorted now but will be looking into your tensioners shortly as mine dont actually do anything except hold the wheel there and add space for my bolts.

Is there no way you can make it down now? :( I just wanted to see you ride as I havent seen you in a while..

Hey Ol, which chain tugs are you using? Is the end plate hitting the actual "lollipop" bit of the tug?

Im using some burly ones from Billys, basically the circle is too wide to fit between where the bolts should go (running them on the outside btw)

[attachmentid=2469]

So yea.. something like that :)

Can you not run the tensioner on the inside of the frame?

I had this same problem on my old echo team so I had to resort to crummy snail cams. Or butcher you chain tugs to make them fit?

Yeah. Aren't you meant to run them on the inside of the fram? Not the outside...

As I said its pretty much sorted for now, I cut 2 of the sides right down so there not circular anymore, it fits ok. I cant fit them on the inside I dont think as there pretty wide, also I'd then have the problem with the profile bolts, again could be sorted by the right sized and shaped washers.

I think in time I'll probably invest in the fresh tensioners and look about getting some washers for the outside, for now it seems to be holding up ok.

Olly.

Yeah. Aren't you meant to run them on the inside of the fram? Not the outside...

If you mean running chain tugs on the inside - no. Think about it in simpler BMX terms, where hubs are hubs and dropouts are dropouts (unlike trials where it's all f**ked up).

The dropouts are spaced 110mm apart. Your hub is 110mm (or a shade under) wide. Therefore, you run them on the outside. Also, it means that your peg uses them as a base 'n' stuff too. But yeah, they're meant for the outside.

If you mean running chain tugs on the inside - no. Think about it in simpler BMX terms, where hubs are hubs and dropouts are dropouts (unlike trials where it's all f**ked up).

The dropouts are spaced 110mm apart. Your hub is 110mm (or a shade under) wide. Therefore, you run them on the outside. Also, it means that your peg uses them as a base 'n' stuff too. But yeah, they're meant for the outside.

Yeah but we're talking about an Echo Team, Trials Bike. Not a bmx. I know it's a Bmx hub but If he was running Snail Cams, which I was saying, then They'd be on the inside like usual.

I'm running my Fresh Products ones on't inside and they're perfect.

Olly, the washers you refering to are they the large ones that are made out of 2 pieces of metal?

I have been running mine like this for about 6 months when I lost the big ones, no problems.

IPB Image

Excuse the cardboard its part of my dt project to make a tensioner which will eliminate your problem olly.

Edited by derf

Olly, the washers you refering to are they the large ones that are made out of 2 pieces of metal?

I have been running mine like this for about 6 months when I lost the big ones, no problems.

Excuse the cardboard its part of my dt project to make a tensioner which will eliminate your problem olly.

Yes there the ones will the silver shell and inner black metal.

Im wondering if you can simply buy the echo bolts seperately from Tarty or Select if they fit, they look the same and are designed for the Team stays etc.

[attachmentid=2470]

Like that.. But yea your bolts would seem to solve the problem aswell.

So best options are get the echo bolts or washers like yours, and the Fresh Tensioners (Y)

Olly.