Mac People Help Needed

Bendee

Righty then our familys emac has died and i wonderd if there was anyway of bringing it back from the dead, the problem is, when you turn it on and it all loads up it stays on a blue screen, like it is before the users log in bit apears.

Any ideas whats wrong with it?

my dads way around a broken mac... buying the new imac picked one up today f**king beautiful.

pcs, personally i hate them i cant wait to get rid of this heap of shit in the 3-4 years weve had our mac this is the only problem it ever had, in the year ive had my pc its needed xp reinstalling 3 times its froze countless amount of times and is just a general cancer on my testicles.

the operating system is old it was like 10.1 or somthing there isnt even a msn for it anymore as its so old im not even sure if we still have the cds that it came with ill have to ask the parents.

my dads way around a broken mac... buying the new imac picked one up today f**king beautiful.

pcs, personally i hate them i cant wait to get rid of this heap of shit in the 3-4 years weve had our mac this is the only problem it ever had, in the year ive had my pc its needed xp reinstalling 3 times its froze countless amount of times and is just a general cancer on my testicles.

the operating system is old it was like 10.1 or somthing there isnt even a msn for it anymore as its so old im not even sure if we still have the cds that it came with ill have to ask the parents.

So that means you have a mac that you could sell me for err free (Y)

This thread rocks.

Anyway, if you want to fix the old computer, maybe get hold of a copy of 10.3 and install that. I'm sure there will be some MSN messenger thing that works on 10.1, there must be something, even if it's not the microsoft one. To be fair, the Microsoft one is shit, everyone who has a Mac should get Adium, it's really good. So much better than any messenger program for the PC that I've heard of. That requires 10.2 (Jaguar) though. Get 10.3 (Panther), that ought to run ok, I think Tiger is not so good on the older Macs. Depends how old it is though.

Nice work on the iMac though, rock on :D

No, but I'm allowed to express opinions.

Also, if I want to be a bell end, I will be a bell end.

He wasnt asking opinions - he wanted to know how to fix his computer.

To fix it, best bet is to put in the OSX CD and when the installer comes up, select repair disk permissions - and also run the hardware test. Let us know what happens if you try that!

Congrats on the imac!

thanks for the replys guys the box it came in along with all the instructions and cds is in the attic so ill have a look tommorrow and have a bosh at what has been.

tom he got the 17" as he didnt feel the need for the 20" and its a bit ott for internet browsing.

joe elding my dad is planning on fixing it and selling it so i doubt hell be giving it away.