Getting Started

Trolley_dude

Hi, i've seen quite alot of people on trials bikes in the past and have now thought that insted of watching the guys having all the fun on their bikes im going to buy one of my own. I dont know about the rest of you but this seems a pretty daunting task for me, i know barely anything about trials bikes themselves, but ive got the basic mechanics on bikes down pretty well. If you've been through the same problem which im guessing lots of you pretty much have, have you got any tips for me, like on how to get some basic knowledge on it all? Are there any magazines on trials? I havnt been able to find any so far, so if someone could give me a few names that would be of great help, and im sure it would help alot of other people on this site, who are also wanting information on trials in general. Parts and their uses for example. Ok, so i hope to hear from some of you soon.

Thanks

Chris B)

o right a mod has a 19" rear wheel and 20" front wheel. They are easier to learn on and throw about. A stock is 26" front and back and is abit harder to learn on but you should be able to progress further on it. Have a look on ebay because there are good bikes going cheap at the mo. (Y)

Welcome to trials forum i think there used to be a motorcross trials mag but i think that has stopped and was the only one available. Have you decided whether you want a mod(20") or stock(26") (Y)

yeah its called trialsworld. i had every issue but then all of a sudden i couldnt find it anywhere. the last issure that i managed ti get my hands on was the november issue. ( number 7 i think) does anyone know whether there are any issues available like December etc. thanks.

Yeah, cheers, i think i'll got for mod, just because of it being easier, plus the bike im looking at seems quite cheap second hand, the mod 't bird pro'. I guess i can always upgrade later, i've got a well paid job at B&Q so its all good. So how long have you been riding? What do you ride? If it does'nt show who im talking to or something im directing this at frederico.

Chris

So your wanting a 20"(mod) how much have you to spend? or willing to spend is the first thing if your on a budget look at the onza 20" range if not look into a custom spec one.

The onza's are on tartybikes there also is most or all the stuff you need on there to build a custom one too.

Hope this helps

:D

yay! more mod riders. good lad :D

mod is proper - don't listen to all that rubbish about stocks being better, the wheels are the wrong size and they have dangly bits that break off (before i get shed loads of abuse .. im not being entirely serious )

once you get the bike go look at www.trashzen.com - it'll teach you to ride it properly.

oh, and buy some shinpads

o right a mod has a 19" rear wheel and 20" front wheel.

Unless u get the T-Vee 20" both wheels

I have a problem i bought a T-Vee on saturday the 17th well its my first trials bike and its awsome.I was told the best thing to learn first are balance and getting on your back wheel.well i was practicing getting on my back wheel but every time i pull it up i start spinning to eithe side. now is this a balance problem?(my balance isn't to good yet i only got it 2 days ago) and will it sort it self out with time and practice or is it something i'm doing i cant think of any thing though i just stand there and lift my front wheel as high as pos with my back break on please help

Edited by boris_on_trials

Try to befriend the locals and have a go on their bikes before you make a decision.

Where abouts are you from too?

He already has the big gimpathon, was begging goes off me and Dan at our talent show day haha. I'm just wondering why he still hasn't been validated with a first post like that....confusing.

Anyway deffo get a mod to start with, I only began with stock cos I'd ridden 26" bikes for all of my serious cycling "career" so it felt right etc. It will be much easier to learn on, just ask Dave (well don't, he'll just rip it out of you). As I told you today try and get a T-Pro rather than a T-Bird as it will make life much easier later on with upgrades etc. And then just practice like a little bitch everyday til you get the basics down then you can piss about whenever you can be assed like the rest of us....

What do you ride? If it does'nt show who im talking to or something im directing this at frederico.

Chris

I will be riding a stock after christmas being a mission reefer(not the best i know) however i want a mod just to have as a laugh. (Y) If you want to ask anymore questions add me on msn(ive sent you my address)(Y)

Edited by fredrico