Benito Ros

grantham

that's how sam wheeler's tyres look without a rider on the bike.

Man i don't think sam even pumps his up, you cant even turn corners on his bike with out tyre foldage.

you lot may need to think logically maybe this was a comp were he got a very slow puncture? :- .

I've been ridin with juanda de la pena and a couple of the other elite lads at the worlds. They all run their tyres pretty hard in the dry. they dont need to find all their bounce in the tyre, it's in their muscles and technique. Also on natural stuff, when your on an angled rock for exaple you dont want your tyre soft otherwise it will fold and you will be out of control, with a hard tyre it only folds slightly and you are in complete control.

no offence mate, but just because they dont use low pressure doesnt mean thats the way it should be, vincent uses low pressure i could name plenty of world class riders that do, its down to personal preference really, if your on a rock with hard pressure your tyre wont fold but you wont get extra bounce to help make the move and save energy, if you have low pressure your tyre will fold but if you manage to use it itll be way easier to make the move :)

no offence mate, but just because they dont use low pressure doesnt mean thats the way it should be, vincent uses low pressure i could name plenty of world class riders that do, its down to personal preference really, if your on a rock with hard pressure your tyre wont fold but you wont get extra bounce to help make the move and save energy, if you have low pressure your tyre will fold but if you manage to use it itll be way easier to make the move :)

yeah but the point i'm making is: if u can make the move with harder tyres it's far more skillful and means u can run your tyres harder to avoid folding. too many people rely on soft tyre pressures with a quick rebound tyre like the old monty tyres or echo tyres to make it up something or get the bounce. it's all very well on street but on slippery angled rocks etc it's no good having the low pressures. 26" riders like hermance have completely different section to the 20" riders and therefore can have different tyre pressures.