Cramp

skye_trials

It's a build up of lactic acid (i think :blink: ) people call it arm pump, but to help it, you could warm up before riding, then do a cool down after riding, you could even use some muscle spray, i don't know if this would help but hopefully this will solve your problem (Y)

Liam (Y)

no, cramp is different to arm pump.

cramp is pain in the muscles

arm pump is numbness in the hands and arms (what I get....badly)

I get cramp in my hands if I go on a trials motorbike, but that because I aint used to it.

If I have new shoes or pedals, I can quite often get cramp in my feet, thats annoying (N)

I suffer from aching as anybody riding trials would expect, but luckily never arm pump or cramp. I would recommend stretching, it keeps you more limber and prevents injury and pain when done properly. (Y)

If you do stretch, your legs and lower back are probably the best areas to focus on as they take a lot of the stress from trials.

Stretching, bananas, quinine, salt, loads of water are all good ways of preventing or delaying onset of cramp. They have various effects on different people. The number one solution for me is Chicken Crimpys (not sure if you can can get them here). Its a baked biscuit and loaded with salt. (Y) Tasty too. Usd to eat a box before a XC race so I wouldnt end up crossing the line with 1 leg and my hands cramped around the bars.