Step three: Wrap round your frame and cut bits out so it fits snuggly

Step four: Spray paint in whatever way you wish

Step five: Place a piece of padding or foam in between the frame and plastic

Step six: Secure it in place with easy-remove glue or with cable ties

You should have something that looks like this:

http://www.photoduck.com/photo.aspx?id=44311

Your views/opinions?

Nathan :P(Y)

I might need to take my stickers off though...

Edited by nafan

Nice job (Y) looks good

I can just see it cracking the first time you hit it though

You can get flexible tubing in a variety of differant diameters. Certainley if it was cold, i wouldnt fancy coming down too hard on that, but I suppose the idea is that its acting sacrificially, like a helmet, if it breaks, at least its not your downtube!

I can imagine you put lots of effort into it and all, but it is just a bit of drain pipe stuck onto your frame, and i don't see why someone would need a tutorial on how to attach a piece of drain to their frame. :huh:

If you are that conscious, get an armadillo off eBay, may not be as cheap, but it will work a damn sight better.

Can you find a 'ready cut' peice of tube?

You can skip step 2 then (Y)

Or is that not allowed? :P

Looks good (Y)

Of course - but I'll only let you off once :P

I can imagine you put lots of effort into it and all, but it is just a bit of drain pipe stuck onto your frame, and i don't see why someone would need a tutorial on how to attach a piece of drain to their frame. :huh:

If you are that conscious, get an armadillo off eBay, may not be as cheap, but it will work a damn sight better.

Just thought I'd share my ideas you know, so that people don't have to go spending nearly £20 on a frame protector :P

AND if you're really bored one Sunday afternoon you could always try it and see (Y)

Right...cos they're all over the floor like dog poo :P Unless you're suggesting long term borrowing? which is naughty :-

Hence the word "aqquire" was used :lol:

Picture doesn't work....

Sorry that is a bit homosexual isn't it but photobucket packed up on me this morning and I wanted to put those pics on somewhere pretty urgently...

Nathan...

Edited by nafan

No mine's a 1060 and it feels quite streety, I was gonna get an ashton but then I realised my dream of having a zoo pitbull could come true, it was on offer on select and tarty and it is as short as the ashton :P

Nathan (Y)