Khe Hub

TomN

The new HURE cassette hub comes with the “EAS” (Equal Axle System). The weight is 414g (14mm CrMo). KHE Cassette uses 6 Claws, and also features our own developed 3/3 clutch system where the power force of three claws is alternated. So the system allows more power than any other hub. The most important thing is that theirs a bearing where the main force and presure is working on: under the claws. Most BMX cassette hubs (from other brands) use bearings at the sprocket but none at the claws. Our KHE driver is featured with two smaller sealed bearings under the sprocket and one bigger bearing under the claws + two sealed bearings inside the alloy hub body. The "Hure" is available with 3/8” or 14mm axle, 36 or 48H. Coloured Coffee pearl. The front hub also comes with the “EAS” system & four sealed bearings used for Street or Dirt riding.

What's the matter with this EAS system?

We have been working and testing our new axle system “Equal Axle System” (EAS). for quite some time now It is a rather simple & hollow oversized axle in which it utilises specially designed ends. The biggest problem generally faced in this area is that after a bolt brakes, the thread inside the axle can cause a problem. This is why we designed and developed our own system. Our KHE designed adapters come with a larger flanges placed behind the dropout so that in any case of the axle breaking, then our adapters can be easily replaced. KHE offers its adapters in alloy, titanium & CrMo. This way for example you can use an alloy adaptor on the left, and a CrMo or Titanium one on the right side. It just depends on which side you grind. Dirt Jumpers can use alloy on both sides if they don't use pegs. This way every rider can customise the hubs to fit his or her needs.

this explaines it much better :P ^^^^^^^

is it just me or does it look like you could put more pawls in if you wanted to???

Edited by mat hudson

looks really promising, problem is... only does in 36 hole of 48 :(

Id have that over a profile :P

how many EP does it have? i dont think it says?

looks like you can add some pawls, but id rather ride it the way its designed than faf about with it and fook it :P

Edited by terror-error

just to let you know, the design of that hub means it has some places for the pawl to pivot completley empty. so that would mean you could aquire some more pawls and slap them in. that is, aslong as the silly circular spring is long enough. this would mean that it would have uber solid engagement if the spring still worked well.

Edited by mat hudson

just to let you know, the design of that hub means it has some places for the pawl to pivot completley empty. so that would mean you could aquire some more pawls and slap them in. that is, aslong as the silly circular spring is long enough. this would mean that it would have uber solid engagement if the spring still worked well.

Awsome :D

Seems good. Only thing I'm not so keen on is that damn spring... The difference in pressure between the single spring clip (like that hub, the Odyssey hub, etc.) and the standard springs you get in, say, the Eno freewheel, is pretty substantial. It's just not so great...

Ah well :P

Looks good otherwise though.

Seems good. Only thing I'm not so keen on is that damn spring... The difference in pressure between the single spring clip (like that hub, the Odyssey hub, etc.) and the standard springs you get in, say, the Eno freewheel, is pretty substantial. It's just not so great...

I wouldnt be too bothered about the springs, my freewheels springs are shit lol, i dont trust it, but i dont care about it at the same time :Slol

Although I dont fully understand, doesn't the spring size (which I can't see anywhere and don't know what you mean) only depends on if you want to put more pawls in the hub?

What I meant was that the spring systems are totally different.

With the KHE hub, the spring is one big spring that fits in the channel between the pawls. On any freewheel (to my knowledge :P), you hvae individual springs for each pawl. This means more springing power, which reduces the chances of skipping 'cos the pawls are firmly pushed back into place for when you pedal. So yeah, weaker springs = not so good. Equally, if you put the extra pawls in like someone suggested, you're gonna have too much mass for the spring to move comfortably, so it'll be shit...

Plus I'm not so keen on the axle idea. All the weight's being transfered into the little microaxle bit and then into the mouth of the hub body. Seems a bit odd/pointless, but then again, odd/pointless design features are KHE's trademark (think: internal gyro, etc.)...

Cool so the New Echo hubs are like the KHE.......... For the price of this KHE it's not bad for £80.

People said that about the Echo hub. Notice how Damon's shit the bed. See what I mean? ;) Just 'cos the price says "Yes", it doesn't mean it's a sound product...

ditto, and if you want it to last ALOT longer, you have to splash out on alot more money buying better axels n shit!

No you don't... HD axles are standard on BMX and Singlespeed hubs, and they come with a king kog, so there's no worries with the driveshell.

And Mark, we all know noone pays £426 for the hub. Try half that! :rolleyes:

Mike.

(Damn you, wake up family!!)

People said that about the Echo hub. Notice how Damon's shit the bed. See what I mean? ;) Just 'cos the price says "Yes", it doesn't mean it's a sound product...

True but wasn't the quality of the materials let the hub down? Anyway it's BMX so it should hold up.