What Music Do You Think Works Best On A Trials Video?

Ollie Histon

You get a lot of different types of music on trials videos, for me i sometimes find that the music used tends to alter wether i like the video or not, unless it is REALLY good riding. Personally i don't like all the hardcore stuff which Neil Tunnicliffe has on his videos, all the screaming takes away the brilliance of the riding i think. HOWEVER, i am well up for something just as rocky but with NO screaming, and perhaps actual SINGING! :- I also think that the Prodigy is good for trials videos, and that type of music, like on Zoo video 30, it's quite modern like trials itself. Anyway, i'm finished babaling on, what do you think?

Some sort of liquid DnB, by that i mean DnB, but its not as dark as some stuff, tend's to be pretty uplifting, and not as dirty as alot. Pendulum does some liquidy tracks......

I like the two songs in joe oakley's new vid too....

But I have to agree vid's with a tonne of screaming etc are shit. Alot of the vids I watch on a regular basis all have goodsongs, id say its vital to have a song which is appealing to everyone if you want maximum exposure on a vid, but some people just want to listen to their favourite song while watching themselves...

Also agree that death metal screaming doesnt really have a place in trials vids. Apart from that anything can work depending on the style of riding. High bpm DnB and guitar based tunes are a common choice and work really well. How many would consider something like Barry White for showy/demo type sections? Works surprisingly well and adds a bit of sex appeal.

I Think Anything goes well within reason, it depends on how you edit it, and what type of trials your doing, if it's like big fast gaps and drops, then you want something with a faster BPM but if your doing some flat-land or rails etc, then something a lot slower goes perfectly.

I take it your making a video then mate? well good luck, be sure to post it on here... (Y) Can't wait! (Y)

Mike!!!

I think ideal music for a trials video would have a good fast paced beat and not too much singing. The trouble with most songs is that they are copyrighted and cannot be used in videos without permision.

Personally i prefer dance music with no vocals at all but i hate heavy rock metal music.

Kind Regards

Qnuspp