Koxx Days 06

Bendee

all you have to do is make sure your insurance company know your going away on holiday with your vehicle and give them the dates of your travel and you will be ok, OR sometimes you get with insurance "FREE driving abroad" kind of thing. so you may get lucky (i think mine is like this) you get like 2/3weeks FREE abroad travel. its weird but i know mine has it. cos they think when you go abroad the cheapness of flights and stuff you wouldnt use your car.

Andrew T im sure we will be able to sort something out while at the Koxx Kamp if your struggling to get back from france to england. il have a word with bucky tonight. as im sure i can sort something out with him about getting there. all depends if he can get through customs with his van full of people or weather he will get held back or something. cos if he does he needs to use a car. there is a slight possibility that if i lend him my car (dependant on insurance prices) he may be able to have space. as i know i need to take 3/4 people with me and i could easy get that in the car and have 2 spare seats int van ALTHO i dont know weather they would let a dodgy american back into our GREAT british country :P hehe. LMAO!!!! i rekon we should try smuggle you back into england that would be way more fun :lol:

Waynio..............................

ok im really hoping to go this year, sounds reaaaallllyyyy good.

me + usuall suspects,

Ali C and

Waddy

i havnt askd them yet though..

canny wait.

i need ££ though.!

will there be stands there ? u kno like company sales malarky ?

:)

Do you have to have anything special to drive abroad/in France? I thought you had to have had a UK license for 3 years or something?

im prety sure its 1 year liscence,,

and u gotta have insurance and mot documents with you, and a first aid kit, and a warning triangle

iolo

Us barny masive may be coming along. Well I bloomin hope so anyway! Gonna see if we can get a few others to come too if there up for it but need to talk really.

Me and Sanger are just talking about it.....

If we do manage to go, should make an interesting contribution to SWTCV3.....

Rich

P.S May be a VERY stupid question, but do you have to ride a Koxx to go to Koxx days?

best bloody not ive only been driving 5 months.

Nah Ben you should be fine (Y) The local mini club are planning a run threw to the south of france, And i wount have had my lisence long for when there going, And they say you can drive anywhere in the EU But just be cautious and as experienced as funk, Driving in france sounds fun :ermm:

Tom

Do you have to have anything special to drive abroad/in France? I thought you had to have had a UK license for 3 years or something?

Thats only if you are renting a car, if you have a full licence in england you can drive in france no problem, Insurance is a bit extra but not much, although many already have it on the policy as an excuse to make it more expensive when many people don't even know it's there.

The level of competition is quite silly really, Master/elite at koxx days is very hard harder than in england club comps and nationals I think even then Kenny finished on 1 and vince on 2, expert is harder than in the UK too.

So me and dave will be going in my spaceship so far, porter who you going with as we will have a spare space.

If anybody wants proper directions closer to the time or all the other info etc I should be able to help.

Ferry is the cheapest, your looking at about £120 a car for the train and about £50 on the ferry so you have 4 people in your car it's pretty cheap, if you book early enough Im sure you can get it very cheap.

Petrol isn't over priced and there are plenty of petrol stations, if you have never driven in France on the way down there in some areas you are aloud to do 80-90mph I can't remember exactly but it's faster than england although it was in Kph, it's just when you hit Outskirts of Paris it could be murder, it was for us on the way back although we where riding in paris and took about 1.5 to get out of the city, insane, the driving is crazy, I know my way about the city a bit now though :P

Phil.

ok im really hoping to go this year, sounds reaaaallllyyyy good.

me + usuall suspects,

Ali C and

Waddy

i havnt askd them yet though..

canny wait.

i need ££ though.!

will there be stands there ? u kno like company sales malarky ?

:)

im prety sure its 1 year liscence,,

and u gotta have insurance and mot documents with you, and a first aid kit, and a warning triangle

iolo

ooh i wunt mind going aran, duno if you have space but if you do id really like to go. let me know :)

We’ve received a number of e-mails, mostly from forum users, asking for more details about KOXX DAYS 2006. As soon as I get a reply to my questions from the factory I’ll post with further details. As yet it’s not clear what’s going on during the days preceding the competition.

Fred.

Found out today ive booked the wrong week off work and manager said i cant change but hes a twat, shouldnt really be a problem swapping it though.

So if we was all to go what day would we set off if we was to go and ride a couple days before or what ever people do and what day would we get back on, so i know what days i will need off work.

Koxx Days 2006

When actually is it ?

1st and 2nd of april ??

Deffo the best biketrial event ive been to,Was a great experience there last year,and everyone makes you feel very welcome....And the comp isnt to serious its really laid back and easy to enjoy.....

Worth The Ferry Journey Anyways ( Loadsa Dutch Fanny On There Last Time )Seem to remember having a good laugh with them,well what we understood of them....Was good wether last year aswell its more or less a holiday,Would be good to go for the full week ! Think we only went for 3 days last time...Was worth it for them 3 days though,To many good things happened to type out really....

Waiting about an hour for a pizza was even a laugh...Big group of us listening to the beach boys or somethings like that...Jack meek i think it was was surfing to it anyways.....Wayne near run over a hitch hiker on purpose aswell in my car that was amusing....The barbeques we made were dissapointing though..Good times,good stuff....You dont need accomadation just get a sleeping bag and sleep round the fire like wayne did...Wake up in the morning bit of foreign cereal and abit of foreign beer...Its top drawer....

Fred's borat impressions " My wife She Is So Nicccccccccceeeeeeeeee"

Shit hot venue...Shit Hot People...

Get youselfs gone

Lee

Edited by Lee_Buchanan

LMAO!!!!

buchanon lives!!!! god aint heard from you in ages lad.

like lee says there was soooooooooo many good memories from 2005 that 2006 will live upto expectations before i even get there.

Bucky yes this trip WILL be better than the roadtrip!!!! big time. it was so maazing last year and im deffinatly going for the full week this year.

hope loads a people can make it.

just asking the likes of phil williams, dodgy davetrials sexy mike, fatmike, etc etc who went last year people will understand the attitude of the koxx factory and the people who run and organise koxx days it IS one of the best events of the calendar year

AND NO you do not have to ride a koxx bike, you can ride what you want, its just called "Koxx days" as its organised and advertises one of the biggest and well known trials companies in the world.

Waynio........................

you will be able to ride non comp i would have said mike, its nothing "STUPIDLY" serious any way, to me koxx days was a great introduction of new people and to see how well received trials was in other countries and it totally blew me away!!!! the amount of people there is amazing, the way that EVERYONE gets along is stupid, if anything i would love to spend a week maybe more at the koxx factory just away from work and away from england just to get an idea of how kool bike companies are and what goes on behind the scenes. but koxx days is something to me that if i miss i wont class 2006 as being a good or great year in my book, to me its a MUST injured or non injured i will be at koxx days.

Waynio...............................

lets get a count down timer on shall we ;)

Looks like i'm going and taking whiteboy (he bullied me into it :( ) just waiting for all the info to come out.

Will everyone be trying to get a ferry from dovor to calais at roughly the same time so we can cruise france in convoy (Y) are people going for the week before or just the weekend?

matt im going to go for the full week. so probably go over to france sunday PM get down to dover at midnight or sumit and then go/drive through france through the night. i think it will be quieter and hopefully less traffic and less french CRAP drivers to crash in to me :P

Waynio...........................

Me and a few others will be making the trip too :) Looking forward to riding Buthiers (looks amazing on videos) and Paris etc.

Do you have to book for camping? or just turn up and whack tent anywhere?

Also whats this Koxx camp thing? Whats actually does that involve? and do you have to book that?

Im sure more details will be out soon anyway.