College Or Riding...

Clawz114

hi im 16 and i go to college, but what i cant decide is if i really want to stay at college or go out and ride everyday and try to become pro... :mellow: i suppose i do get £20 a week just for going to college from the education mantanance allowance which helps pay for bits for my bike :D but i cant be bothered with homework and stuff like that, but if i dont make it to pro then i want something to be able to fall back on.

what are you guys doing, college and riding or just riding?

There's a small chance you'll make it pro. Let's face it.

Just stay at College or School, whatever. Just stay there. It's a stupid idea otherwise. Qualifications are access into jobs that you want and get paid for. Even Vincent Hermance doesn't get paid much / lots for riding. Craig Scott's at Uni in Huddersfield and he's one of the best UK street riders so that shows what you should do.

Stay in College.

Stay at college!!!

You could even ride the college at break lol just dont get kicked off!!! lol

But anyway its a good idea to stay at college get your qualifications and you don't have to, have a full time job straight away, you could just get a part time job and then work to being a pro if you want, its just stupid dropping out of college.

Just wait until your course is over get your qualifications and u can do what ever you want.

Edited by farehamtrialsmassive05

:sleeping: you sound like my friend, if you havent been trialsing since you were 6 lil chance of you making it pro on a comp scence, why not actually try to make something of your like, because when you 20 great on the bike but working for the council, (nothing wrong with it) you will look back at you friencd with fast cars and fit birds and you think that you have wasted your life :sleeping:(N)

:sleeping: you sound like my friend, if you havent been trialsing since you were 6 lil chance of you making it pro on a comp scence, why not actually try to make something of your like, because when you 20 great on the bike but working for the council, (nothing wrong with it) you will look back at you friencd with fast cars and fit birds and you think that you have wasted your life :sleeping:(N)

very true.

Defo go college, what if you get bored off riding? then what?

Might aswell do the time at college and then take sometime off for biking, then you can fall back on your qualifications if all doesnt go right.

goodluck on trying to make Pro!

Edited by Brad123

Well i can understand this question has popped up into your head it has me many times if you want to go pro you have to push yourself alot.

Also if you want money and you want to ride then just get a small job anything that can pay you money to live on really.

Money doesent really bother me much as long as i survive and have enough for food and parts thats all i need and its the same for many people as long as your happy its good enough :)

good luck with going pro anyway i hope you make it.

Clawz114,

Young man, definitely stay in school! If you don't go to school you will find out just how bad life can be. Without an education it will be more difficult to find employment and the jobs you do find are going to give much lower pay. It is hard to move through life when you don't have much money. On top of that, when you are educated people will have more respect for you because they will see that you have a mind. Believe what I have written young man, you do not want to go through life without an education, trust me, I know from experience.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

Yep,

Keep the college in sight... <_< cause if you suffer big injuries, then you're out of any decent job. College gives you an opportunity to have a job that will pay for just any hobby you like, including the best bike for trials.

Sometimes I imagine if scenarios, if I had started earlier etc.. :$ But actually, even though I will never be a pro, now I am glad I can enjoy trials without the pressure of winning. And some day maybe move to something else. It is not a few years in college that will stop you from becoming a pro if you are really good, so stick with it. ;)

its a decision i have to make every day mate go in to college for 2 hours or stay in bed then go ride my crates in my garden and piss off my neighbour hehe

stay in college mate then after college or juring a break go and ride thats what i do :)

When i left school i didnt go to collage and i really wish i did.I went straight into a full time job because im not cut out for collage.I did rubbish in school. All my mates went to collage and they love it, getting qualifications for a job they want and gonna get paid well to do!

So if you didnt want collage try and get a job, and then do things like nvq's. Im going onto a course so get a nvq in cycle mechanics and when i have done that im going to be doing a managment course! Its not worth the risk just riding everyday and thinking your becoming pro!

Its what ever you think your best at doing, get a job and work your way up if your not cut out for collage but if you are go to collage and get things the easy way!

I have funny shifts but i still manage to ride all the time, after work i go out and ride some street, on days off i will go out somewhere and hit some trails.

But yeah, go to collage!! (Y)

And still no-one's mentioned you'll quite possibly grow out of trials? So many people just get bored of riding trials or get distracted by something else (like getting a car, guitar, whatever) that if you focus your life into doing it and you end up not wanting to do it any more, you're left with no qualifications and no chance of getting a decent job.

Just stick with college. It's well worth doing.

hi im 16 and i go to college, but what i cant decide is if i really want to stay at college or go out and ride everyday and try to become pro... :mellow: i suppose i do get £20 a week just for going to college from the education mantanance allowance which helps pay for bits for my bike :D but i cant be bothered with homework and stuff like that, but if i dont make it to pro then i want something to be able to fall back on.

what are you guys doing, college and riding or just riding?

lol, same here nut i just packed in college today ..got a part time job so i can still buy parts for my bike, and also go riding a lot. But im not screwing my life cause iv got a apprenership starting september.

i think you should do that. (Y)

Edited by wayn3