Bad Wrist

mike

Hey guys, i'm not sure if this deserves it's onw topic, but noone seems to read the small questions sticky topic, i think we've all become used to it being there and don't pay much notice to it. it's a good idea though!

AnywayI've been pissing about on my bike in my back garden on some crates quite a lot latley, and just recently my wrist, and lower thumb have started to be really painful, i've tried putting that deep heat cream on it but it doesn't seem to make much difference (other than feel really uncomfortable) does anyone else have this problem? do you think wrist supports would be any good, i've never really considered them cos i figured they'd probably limit your movement.

before anyone says no it's not due to wanking!

thanks for any help guys Mike!!!

(if this doesn't deserve it's own topic then please close it or delete it, cheer's guys)

hey thats due to wan...only joking!

well my wrists click a lot when i roll them around i geuss its just from repeated drop offs etc... but they dont actually hurt, sure you havnt cracked anything? should get it checked out if it keeps hurting.

i'm pretty sure nothing's cracked, i haven't got it checked, but it's not bad enough to be cracked, thanks for the help guys, i guess i'll just have to wait for it to go away, and use Gawk's idea when i'm riding!

i knew most people on here were helpful but not this helpful i only made this topic 15 minuites ago and i've already have 3 really useful responces, thanks so much folks, i'll try out the bandage method.

Thanks Guys Mike!!!

When you ride you put the whole of your weight over your wrists just hold on with your left hand so you can still have a wank when you get home (Y)lol no they hurt but they ease up soon if your lucky

lol i'll keep that in mind, but what about the 99 change hands rule? i'll bust both wrists ^_^ i'll just leave it down to my girlfriend.

I get bad wrists, top of my feet were hurting today, and my arms tense up sometimes and it stops me riding because its so painful...

If you find your wrists a real problem, look around for some protection or wear bandages (Y)

Nathan :)

my arms tense up sometimes and it stops me riding because its so painful...

thats probably cos your muscles are cold before you start riding, i always just sorta or hook my wrist round my opposite elbow and ull it accross my body when i'm watching my mate ride i do it all the time now it's kinda like a pasttime such as tapping. it's become habit.

thanks for the advice though mate! cheese to everyone who has helped! (Y)(Y)(Y)

Mike!!!

Edit: the 99 change hand rule is where you can only do 99 reps with one hand before having to change hands to stop and sort of RSI... ^_^ it's a load of bullshite really.

Edited by mike

Not the only one mate, did mine last week, endo 180 off 4ft wall and lanned on a slop front end 1st but looked good and heavy on my left wrist. Rode for the next two days but then gave way when i was driving the car and now shes been strapped up. Feels tons better now, i just drank lots of milk to try and get the boners stronger and i also eat lots of protine this week which helps stuff mend faster and better

WARM UP! Doh think about what we're doing, usually from cold. I always stretch wrists both ways all the time I'm out (also like a habit). I also stretch my arms, legs and back quickly before setting out, and slowly build into the more physical moves.

I used to get really sore wrists, then it went to elbows when I learnt back wheel. Now it's not too bad. I also started trials after a year of bodybuilding so all those extra muscles don't help - if anything you won't have nice stretchy flexible tendons and ligaments.

Stretch, keep stretching when out.

lol i'll keep that in mind, but what about the 99 change hands rule? i'll bust both wrists ^_^ i'll just leave it down to my girlfriend.

leaving it down to your girlfriend doesnt help stave off nad cancer though (tugging 3 times a week reduces your chances of getting it according to a study done in australia - but only if you do it yourself)

on the wrist thing.. and this is serious

Poke yourself in the little dip where your thumb joins your wrist (it's called the snuffbox - just above the knobbly bit inbetween your thumb tendons) if that hurts then go to hospital and get an x-ray pronto in case you've mashed up one of the weeny bones in your wrist. That can be proper nasty, I'm sure theres a load of people on here who've had to go through bone grafts and been off bike for several months cos of that sort of injury.

if it doesn't hurt you've probably just bruised or sprained it. Bruising is fine, sprains you just want to rest it and keep it supported - theres feckall they can do about a sprain so you just have to wait it out.

Im not qualified in the slightest so if you're in any doubt go see a professional.

oh right cool i've tried that and it does'n hurt when i poke it, infact it's starting to feel quite a lot better, but i haven't been on my bike for about 4 days which sucks, (N) but my mate has just got his bike back with a new BB fitted so were out on saturday to do some real good riding (Y)(Y) (hopefully) if not i'll still have fun, which in a way is one of the most important parts when out on your bike.

thanks so much for the advice guys i guess it's just Bruised or sprained.

Mike!!!

but i haven't been on my bike for about 4 days which sucks

Try 2 months and still counting... :

Only thing I would like to add is stop immediately (well don't ignore it a least) when you get wrist pain, I didn't - just kept going about as usual and well... that turned out to not being such a great idea.

Don't go riding until it's healed properly - you easily lose more days otherwise, one premature attempt and there you go: a few more days/weeks without riding.

Hope I haven't scared you, just wanted to advise some caution so you don't suffer the same horrible fate as me. :P

Hey guys, i'm not sure if this deserves it's onw topic, but noone seems to read the small questions sticky topic, i think we've all become used to it being there and don't pay much notice to it. it's a good idea though!

AnywayI've been pissing about on my bike in my back garden on some crates quite a lot latley, and just recently my wrist, and lower thumb have started to be really painful, i've tried putting that deep heat cream on it but it doesn't seem to make much difference (other than feel really uncomfortable) does anyone else have this problem? do you think wrist supports would be any good, i've never really considered them cos i figured they'd probably limit your movement.

before anyone says no it's not due to wanking!

thanks for any help guys Mike!!!

(if this doesn't deserve it's own topic then please close it or delete it, cheer's guys)

the pain dut be your bars, your lever positioning etc. adjust your levers to see if its that.

i've got my leavers set up so they're really compfortable when i'm leaning slightly forward.

Jonas what did you do to your wrist? how have you coped not being on your bike for so long? i was gutted when i found out how good trials is and wished that i had started it a lot lot earlier.

well I hope your wrist gets better soon Jonas, and i'm supprised at how many other people share my problem, thanks for the many responces chaps...

Mike!!!