Bad Wrist

mike

nope not the only one defo because my wrist hurt 24?7 after i ride and im not serposed to ride at all by my doctor <who gives at shit what he says>

chris

Chris i'd actually give your wrist a rest for a week or two, you'll probably do it some seious damage, and won't be able to hold a walking stick when your old ^_^ He's not a qualified doctor for nothing, perhaps you should just leave your bike to sleep for a couple of weeks

Mike!!!

Jonas what did you do to your wrist? how have you coped not being on your bike for so long? i was gutted when i found out how good trials is and wished that i had started it a lot lot earlier.

well I hope your wrist gets better soon Jonas, and i'm supprised at how many other people share my problem, thanks for the many responces chaps...

Mike!!!

Yeah gutted would be the word, as for how i cope... eh, well guess i have no choice. :(

Guess it's busted because some form of overexcertion, nothing broken or torn (that the doctors could find at least) - basically tons of hopping (could be related to handlebars, which I will try to investigate when I'm well again).

Thanks, you get well soon too!

Try moving your leavers around, and you know how your bars have a slight bend in them, try turning them so they feel more comfortable when your leaning forward.

thanks Jonas, my wtist is feeling better but i'm gonna leave it for a few more days to ensure i don't do any more damage!

Mike!!!

• 10 months later...

bit of an old topic..but oh well

i'm having some wrist problems aswell, had 2 injury's in 2 months and it hurts way too much to be able to go biking :(

the 1st injury happend on my first day on my new bike, was doing a wheel swap i just felt a crack in my wrist, turned out it was nothing serious.. and healed up in 2 weeks

4 weeks later i did a bunnyhop and felt the exact same crack again..

i think it might has something to with changing from bike

i had a monty 221 x-lite at first, never had any wrist problems with that

i got a monty 221 PR 2007 now and got 2 injury's so far..

i was running these bars on the x-lite :

IPB Image

and these on my current 221PR:

IPB Image

big difference in the rise as you can see, is there any way to make the 221PR bar feel similair to the x-lite?

by moving it back or forth or something?

thanks in advance

yes i understand that, i like the feeling of the risers since theyre thicker than the x-lite

so should i tilt the bars forwards (away from me when im on the bike) or backwards (towards me when im on the bike) to get a similair rise and feeling as the x-lite bars?