Big Oh No (now With Pics)

PUnK KiD

After reading through this topic, just to clear a few things up.

Any sets of 4-bolt mounts come packaged with the same size bolts in the packs, we don't have different lengths of bolts they are already in a bag, so there is no bigger or smaller bolts unless you buy a booster but then they are far too long.

If the holes in the mounts on the frame are not long enough, the bolts should not have been tightened as they are not clamping onto the mounts itself.

If it was yourself that phoned me today, I have said I will helicoil the threads properly, I have done this numerous amounts of times, the threads will be stronger than before so in a way it is better.

Echo would never give a new frame for the threads being stripped as the holes are slightly too short, again they will reccommend helicoils, as this is simple way to solve the problem.

If you think this is a problem with echo, it cannot be just selectbikes with the problem, it must be all over the world, many hundreds are sold with very little problems.

The day we receive the frame back it will be done and sent out again same day 24 hour delivery no charge.

Phil.

Isnt this problem mainly just caused by not using grease on the bolts? I made the same mistake before, and just the next time used loads of the stuff. There was no need for mine to even be helicoiled, as I managed to peel the aluminium out of the bolt threads and re-use the bolts (grinding off the end carefully and rounding the end, as I couldn't get it all out), which still found plenty enough thread when inserted to work fine (Y).

But yeah, with the kind offer of a free helicoil, go for it!

After reading through this topic, just to clear a few things up.

Any sets of 4-bolt mounts come packaged with the same size bolts in the packs, we don't have different lengths of bolts they are already in a bag, so there is no bigger or smaller bolts unless you buy a booster but then they are far too long.

If the holes in the mounts on the frame are not long enough, the bolts should not have been tightened as they are not clamping onto the mounts itself.

If it was yourself that phoned me today, I have said I will helicoil the threads properly, I have done this numerous amounts of times, the threads will be stronger than before so in a way it is better.

Echo would never give a new frame for the threads being stripped as the holes are slightly too short, again they will reccommend helicoils, as this is simple way to solve the problem.

If you think this is a problem with echo, it cannot be just selectbikes with the problem, it must be all over the world, many hundreds are sold with very little problems.

The day we receive the frame back it will be done and sent out again same day 24 hour delivery no charge.

Phil.

What more can they do, it's not even there fault (Y)

Go Selectbikes :-

Adam

I've never had a set of bolts be the correct length for my brake straight off, 'cept for some piddly short ones on the bottom two holes (running the Team 2-bolt booster).

It's really not that hard to see if they're too long, and that you need to use some spacers or something. Like I said, I've had to on every set of bolts I've used, and it's hardly a trauma?

Ah well. Judging from the trillions of people on T-F who've used a helicoil successfully, maybe your tool was on it's way out and finally snapped, or you were just unlucky? Saying it doesn't work totally is completely stupid in the face of so much contrary evidence, surely?

Good luck with it anyway I guess...

Frames f**ked, sell it me for cheap cheap :-

Seriously though, dry your eyes and get the frame sent off. Helicoils are installed on loads of ally parts throughout the engineering industry because they're a stronger thread than the plain ally. After reading the forums and seeing how many people strip the threads out of the brake mounts I think it's pretty piss poor that manufacturers dont put them in when they're built, for the sake of a couple of quid. Bah, ignore me, I'm rambilng :sleeping:

Edit: I think select bikes are being more than fair with you, that's shit hot customer service and I hope you appreciate that. Oh yeah, change your display name to Emo-Kid :P

Edited by Street Lee