Luggage

mike

Hey chaps and chapesses, when i go out riding for the day, whether it's just round the corner to the business park, or whether it's on the train i always take:

a small variety or tools, incase something bad happens (nothing has yet appart from brakes needed to be tighted)

2x bottles of Ribina you know the big 1 litre bottles you get the squash in.

A 1litre bottle of water

A spare t-shirt.

Some deodrant. to inhale when i get bored (it's really to spray on my sweaty pits)

Any snacks(crisps choc sweets ect..) that i find in my cupboard.

Some plasters for those serious injouries such as a paper cut, splinter broken spine you know the everyday ones.

My lid i only wear it when i'm actually biking not when i'm riding to the location.

Camera for the obvious reasons

Thats about it really, oh and a rucksak to carry it all in.

What do you guys all take? inform me! thanks lads! (i might be forgetting something vital)

Cheers Mike!!!

If i'm not riding too far I don't take anything with me. If i'm going on a train to ride I take:

Water

puncture repair kit

pump

allen keys

money

whatever food i find in my house

a hoodie (to commit crimes in disguise :shifty: and keep me warm at the same time)

helmet

spanner for chain tensioners

spare pads

Edited by Jaffacakes

Cool, I don't have any spare pads, and i rarley have any money, i like the hoodie idea, i tend to wear mine out with me and take it off when i get too hot, i used to always take pop-tarts with me but i kinda started to get bored of them, they're a good source of energy though! ^_^ and i used to think they were scrumptious!! :rockon:

I don't really go anywhere but if I bike into peterborough (about 7 miles away) I take;

Puncture repair kit/spare inni

Allen keys

Water/squash

Any food I need

Money

A rucksack to help carry it all

My own personal servant to carry my rucksack for me :D

Nathan :)

I take a 15mm wrench and a multi wrench thingie (with a 15mm wrench fitting) i have a habit of making my back tyre move to much(even with tensioners :@), a pump, multitool, repair kits, and enough money for a bus/train home incase something bad hapens (always a good thing)

i take

a load of alenkeys + spanners

spare tube

a hoodie

tar ^_^

wallet (with money in it)

phone

keys or i can't get back into my house

thats about it really, oh and some headphones for my phone so i can listen to some music

Tools are helpful for obvious reasons and some snacks are always nice while i'm not riding, Moneys good when i have some, a nice hodie is a good addition, perhaps a bottle of drink, a helmet is a definite item that stays on my head while i'm riding!!

Kind Regards

Qnuspp

If i'm not riding too far I don't take anything with me. If i'm going on a train to ride I take:

Water

puncture repair kit

pump

allen keys

money

whatever food i find in my house

a hoodie (to commit crimes in disguise :shifty: and keep me warm at the same time)

helmet

spanner for chain tensioners

spare pads

Exactly! but not spare pads ..

for the london ride

Half arm silk gloves

My lucky Zebra

A boble hat

Spare Socks

A pillow

10 peperamis

Wrist support

A left Shin Pad

A left knee Support

3 jonnys

Mp3 player

phone Wallet

Chain Links

Spare Tube

Bouncy Ball

3 Bottles of water

(Ok was in a random mood)

I have the works when I go,

Allen keys

Puncture repair kit

Pump

Spanner

Wrench

Knife

BB tool

Crank puller

Food

Water

Red Bull

Gloves

Lid

Shin Pads

Keys

Spoke keys

Pliers

Freewheel tool ( even though i don't have a freehweel on my bike :S )

2 Spare tubes (usually tucked into my wheel then blown up a bit to save space in my bergan!)

Spare Grips

Brake Spray

Spare pads

Spare gloves

Deoderant

Phone

Watch

Spare t-shirt

Tissues :-

Camera

And sometimes my sister (never know when they can come in handy to swop for something, or as a bribe)

MP3

Batteries

Multi-tool

Stanley Knife

Can't think of anything else, but im sure there is much more...

If I was spot checked in the street and my bag checked I would be F**ked

jOefish

Edited by Monty Boy

Joe wouldn't it be easier to just put wheels on your house and move that to wherever you want to ride.

How often does some of that stuff get used? especially the freewheel tool if you don't have a freewheel on your bike? i'd probably never take that much with me, it's knackering enough riding a mod more than 2 miles on it's own, i dread to think what it's like doing it with an army sack on your back (tent and all)

cheers for the responces chaps some quite interesting things..pointing no fingers -----> Joe fish <----- :-

Mike!!!

a must for me is,

multi tool to tighten up stuff

lid

hanger

chain links

patches

some money

phone

lots of diet red bull (tesco's version)

tortias

spare tube. that simps knicked >_<

bout it if i aint got n e thing mates got it so its all good

Yeah man, i was suprised at the amount people took on the fancy dress b'ham ride... It was pathetic!

I was the only one with a multi-tool when this dude broke his rim... and a pump! Lmao i often only take tools, but i have once when I went on a 2-day ride with some of my dirt jumping mates I took all of this and more! I know what you mean by putting wheels on my house, be a lot easier, and less hastle. But I prefer big bags, mine broke though! I was well bummed about that.

jOefish