Back Brake

bhups

Hello, (Sorry to bug you again about my darn back brake) (N)

need your advice,on my back brake i have to push it right in close to the bars but the tpa if full and my pads slip even though the pads and rim are not dirty and i have a grind to, do i need to bleed and new pads or.....? :huh:

Many thanks, (Y)

Bhups. :D

Hello, (Sorry to bug you again about my darn back brake) (N)

need your advice,on my back brake i have to push it right in close to the bars but the tpa if full and my pads slip even though the pads and rim are not dirty and i have a grind to, do i need to bleed and new pads or.....? :huh:

Many thanks, (Y)

Bhups. :D

Bleed :blink:

Check all your crossover etc, and your pipes, lever for leakage

Mat

when you pull the lever in does it feel like theres no frame flex it solid in other words if so you just need a new bleed and it will lock perfect

yeah like Andy said, if you get a spongey feel you've probably got a little bit of air in your system. do the pads hit the rim when you've only just pulled the leaver, or do you have to pull it quite a far way back before they touch the rim. if you have to pull it back quite a way i suggest you slacken off your T.P.A and then loosen your mounts and move the cylinders closer to the rim then tighten the mounts and alter the T.P.A to suit your prefrence. also how warn are you pads? and when they come to grip the rim do they come in flat or at an angle to the rim, you should set them to come in parallel to the rim.

Hope to help mate! Mike!!!

Loosen the TPA

Loosen both mounts

Move the cylinders in so that the pad is not touching the rim, but so it lands flat on the rim.

Hold the cylinder, and tighten up the bolts.

Adjust the TPA until the brake feels right.

If that doesn't work, you'll need a new bleed.

I suggest using water, I do in my Maguras, and the brake reacts so much quicker and feels smoother.

Have a search for threads on bleeding.

Or check Sidder's signature :P

(Y)