Help With Magura

trialsinchris

If your not planning on keeping your bolts (which i don't recomend you do if they're chewed up) you need to get a small hacksaw, and make a deep cut from one side to the other, then get a flat screwdriver and turn it like a screw, if this doesn't work, then i suggest you roughen up the edges with a file or something and then use a pair of grips or something to hold it frimly and then turn it.

Good Luck Chris

Mike!!!

Edit: if you still have no luck still get a power drill and if there's room put the head into the chuck, and tighten it right up as tight as you can the the run the drill (make sure it's in anti-clockwise mode) then defo get new bolts!

Edited by mike

I thought instead of making a new thread just for this question i'd use this one made by Chris to ask about my maggie problem.

I've just bled Both of my brakes, and when i came to moving the mounts on my front brake, i reaslied that my cylinders don't come back in all the way, then stay out a bit, i'm not sure why, but it means i've had to move my pads away from my rim a bit, it doesn't make too much difference to me, but i'd like to get them back to normal if i can, has this happened to anyone else? or does anyone know how to fix this, it's almost as if there is too much fluid in the system. They still stop me well. and also i have a light gring on both of my rims and was wondering what pads to get next cos my standard HS33 ones tend to give a little, i was Thinking of getting Koxx Bloxx's browns.

Thanks lads (Y)

Mike!!!

this is for the guy with the maggie stiking out.

this is because of the lil red pad adjuster screw is wound on a lil bit. this is no problem its natural as u move the piston when u move the red screw tus causeing ur pads to move out.

as for pads eather heatsink blues or plasmatik spanish fly both work great!!! (Y)

cheers

chiz

You can get sticky pistons with Maguras though. What you need to do is take the wheel out, and whip the pads out. Then, hold the brake on with one hand, and spray some lube onto the pistons when they stick out with the other. IF you can get a friend to help you and cover over one of the pistons, the other will stick out further so you can get the lube further in. After you've sprayed some on, pump the lever a few times, then wipe the piston clean. Apply a bit more lube, and then reassemble it all.

you could by an easy out drill pice 9as you screw it in it screws it out) u could grind to flats on the bolt and use a spanner or the screw driver /impact driver idea and id go for ether plaz crms or koxx browns me self not tryed the new koxx pads

You can get sticky pistons with Maguras though. What you need to do is take the wheel out, and whip the pads out. Then, hold the brake on with one hand, and spray some lube onto the pistons when they stick out with the other. IF you can get a friend to help you and cover over one of the pistons, the other will stick out further so you can get the lube further in. After you've sprayed some on, pump the lever a few times, then wipe the piston clean. Apply a bit more lube, and then reassemble it all.

Oh right cool that doesn't sound too hard, i'll do that but they do return a bit, just it feels as if there is too much fluid in my system but i have to pull the leaver back to about half way before the pads hit the rim. i'll give it a go though, thanks for the help mark

Mike!!!