Yik Shoes

Trials Dave

Same soles as Tryalls they look pretty rugged and my friedns pair seems to be holding up as well as a pair of Tryalls so i think there ok (Y)

But Monty or Ribos last longer and fit better :-

cool. i still prefer the YIK shoes though. how much are the viz ones though? cheers.

Or they are all gay and crap and will never last as long as good trainers.

I too thought that, but after putting a couple of threads here and there about trials shoes I was convinced to get some. I have now had my try-all size 13's for about 3 months now and they are awesome. I use them near enough every day and they still look new. The soles have no marks on them yet, neither does the fabric of the shoe. They grip better then trainers, they are narrower so they dont catch on the crank arm and they are thinner around the front and sides as well as the sole so that you can feel the pedal so much better. The padding around the ankle and the whole stiffness of the shoe inspires confidence too. I always used skate shoes before I bought these, ranging from top end Vans to No Fear cheapies. After getting a pair, Im hooked. I know they are expensive, but hey they work better then trainers because after all, they were made specifically for trials riding. (Y)

there are some new yiks being messed about with.

i have had both yik and try all ones, yik lasted me about 2.5months and they felt so nice...really did feel the difference.

try alls lasted around 4 months but felt no where near as good.

i wouldnt mind trying ribos but cant be arsed spending £90 on them...but it would help with not messing up none riding shoes

I too thought that, but after putting a couple of threads here and there about trials shoes I was convinced to get some. I have now had my try-all size 13's for about 3 months now and they are awesome. I use them near enough every day and they still look new. The soles have no marks on them yet, neither does the fabric of the shoe. They grip better then trainers, they are narrower so they dont catch on the crank arm and they are thinner around the front and sides as well as the sole so that you can feel the pedal so much better. The padding around the ankle and the whole stiffness of the shoe inspires confidence too. I always used skate shoes before I bought these, ranging from top end Vans to No Fear cheapies. After getting a pair, Im hooked. I know they are expensive, but hey they work better then trainers because after all, they were made specifically for trials riding. (Y)

i wouldnt say they are stiff, my try-all shoes lasted me about am onth of riding everyday before the sold started to wear and got a hole in, i do much prefer a stiffer sole in my shoes hense why i now wear etnies, but im soon to order my new ribos to give them a try,

This may amaze some people. but I had try-alls for 15-16 months i think it was, and all that was wrong with them was the sole had worn down and in the end got a small slit in the bottom.

The Yik shoes are re-designed me and porter will be getting some to test to see if they are good enough to sell otherwise they won't be sold, so hopefully they should be good and we can put some good input into them.

Ribos and monty are basically the same, made by the same hands and have the same soles, except ribos I would say are better with the strap and plastic bits situated in good places, although i think they take a very long time to bed in.

Phil.

ribo and monty are different.

compared to the classic monty pixy boot, the ribo is more stable, sits better and more securely on the foot, is loads more comfortable, protects the foot better as they are thicker, wider foot so that you can actually walk in them. when i waked in my monty shoes i would only stand on half of the sole as they were so narrow and wonky compared to my feet. i love my ribos.

ribo and monty are different.

compared to the classic monty pixy boot, the ribo is more stable, sits better and more securely on the foot, is loads more comfortable, protects the foot better as they are thicker, wider foot so that you can actually walk in them. when i waked in my monty shoes i would only stand on half of the sole as they were so narrow and wonky compared to my feet. i love my ribos.

Well Im not talking about the old pixie boots, but the new monty shoes, the soles are the same and they are stitched by the same people, so I'm trying to say the ribos and the monty shoes would probably last a very similar length of time.

my mate had a set of yiks, lasted him a couple of weeks, before some of the stitching came out and the soles were mostly worn in a month. he is getting ribo's soon.

or get some bmx trainers!

if its kev ur on about he got some, had em up shipley

This may amaze some people. but I had try-alls for 15-16 months i think it was, and all that was wrong with them was the sole had worn down and in the end got a small slit in the bottom.

The Yik shoes are re-designed me and porter will be getting some to test to see if they are good enough to sell otherwise they won't be sold, so hopefully they should be good and we can put some good input into them.

Ribos and monty are basically the same, made by the same hands and have the same soles, except ribos I would say are better with the strap and plastic bits situated in good places, although i think they take a very long time to bed in.

Phil.

send me a pair of the new ones and i'll help you test them. i will pay decent money for them. size 12 please :-:-