Adobe Pro

James_Porter

Doesn't really matter, but obviously the quality goes up and the file size goes up. So pick one that makes it about the size you want. The higher the better really. But check out the encoding guide in sites, vids and pics. That works a treat (Y)

i would suggest watching a video of a quality you like, as your watching a video any trials video etc. make sure you watch it in media player at the bottom left it will tell you what kbps it is playing at, normally around 156kbps these days is fairly good quality.

So this can then give you an idea on what quality you can produce, say if you want it better quality you go for one like the 256kbps, however this dramatically increases file size. If you choose a lower one like 100kbps you end up with the smaller file size but thus you loose a bit of quality.

hope that helped a bit mate, stu (Y)

100kbps is VERY low for video. It's decent for mp3 in small speakers or crap headphones.

Around 500-1500kbps is about right, depending on what file format you're going for (.mov, wmv, mpg, divx).

your long video with the finch song was divx and very nice quality, why not compress this at the same settings?

I would say dont bother

Do it as raw avi (if you have the room) then use something else to convert it to DivX or summt non windows media as its rubbish.

Except exporting to WMV is quicker as it means only 1 conversion. Also 99% of the PC population have a WMV decoder therefore it makes more sense

I do agree DivX is great...but meh WMV works fine for a lot of videos if you set it up right

As for James

I do a compile test video, a short clip of footage and fiddle around with the settings so I get the best quality for the smallest size possible. I obviously got it wrong the first time as a 4 minute video came out at 83mb but luckily that was saved (Y)

Windows Media Video 8 for Local Area Network (768 Kbps)

Windows Media Video 8 for Broadband (NTSC, 700 Kbps)

One of them two. Although i'm not sure if its PAL or NTSC, could never remember. I always used custom settings though, put the sound quality down, and the video up.

Just test a few, see which is best quality for the size.

Except exporting to WMV is quicker as it means only 1 conversion. Also 99% of the PC population have a WMV decoder therefore it makes more sense

I do agree DivX is great...but meh WMV works fine for a lot of videos if you set it up right

As for James

I do a compile test video, a short clip of footage and fiddle around with the settings so I get the best quality for the smallest size possible. I obviously got it wrong the first time as a 4 minute video came out at 83mb but luckily that was saved (Y)

WMV videos looks shit to me though, exporting as avi and then re-encoding (like Rowan said) is great. And it doesn't have to be DivX, it can be just MPEG2 or something. MUCH better than wmv, although it's slightly more effort on your part. It's all HERE, but the pics don't work, so some of it is HERE.

Windows Media Video 8 for Local Area Network (768 Kbps)

Windows Media Video 8 for Broadband (NTSC, 700 Kbps)

One of them two. Although i'm not sure if its PAL or NTSC, could never remember. I always used custom settings though, put the sound quality down, and the video up.

Just test a few, see which is best quality for the size.

yer you defo want to use pal cos with NTSC you dont get as many lines of resolution.

I told him to use the Broadband PAL 700kbps setting then edit that setting and change it to 1100kbps and decresae the sound quality that will give you the best settings.

but I dont think he could manage that :P he's too ginger and stupid, haha :P

Phil.