Freeview Tv

TheMunn

I have 2, one is a cheap 40 pounds one, and the other about 60 I think, the cheaper ones are exactly the same as the others. The more expencive ones can record TV like on Sky + etc. What sort of info are you after?

Mat

Edited by mattyboy_69_

The sony one is by far the best for channel changing quickness and the 7 day guide, but it costs £70.

Mines a cheap (£40) matsui one (my mates have got exactly the same one just with different badges on the front) which works fine. We did have a bush one for a while which was utterly crap - so dont get one of those.

Actually ive just found mine at argos for £35 branded wharfdale -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5320503.htm

and its now got a 7 day guide it would seem (Y)

I've had two and to be honest there not all that good, Mine was all always playing up with channels etc and was pretty gay.

I've now got a NTL chip channel box as they call it ... I'ts were you get all the channels for like £150 for the box and then you never have to pay a bill agen it's very illegal but it's a great deal.

Sky are doing a pack for like £22 a month or something witch is preety good in my eyes and would be alot better than one of them TV freeview things.

I got a cheapo Echostar one from Tesco for my room about a year ago, was about £40. Use it everyday and have had no problems, finds all the channels fast and gives a better picture than the one that's built into our Panasonic tv in the lounge. I'd definatley recommend it if you only want something cheap.

I've got a Pacific one from asda was somthing like 35 pound. I can get certain free codes for certain channels :shifty:

i have that one too. but round here we cant pick up the signal for the digital tv yet :( . theyre planing to bring it to the area soon. i would like the codes ;)

with these freeview boxs is it just a case of plugging it in and theres nothing extra to pay.

im thinking of getting one as anythings going to be better than the shitter i have now.

Yeah, as long as you have a decent aerial. If you don't, I wouldn't bother. Having said that, I don't really watch anything on digital anyway. Occasionally news24.

Do they actually increase the quality at all or does it just convert the analogue to digital just so you can basically get the programs on say cable digital.

Where can you get that NTL chip thing for £150 and what channels does it have, to the "gears" bloke, thanks.

Also, do all the freeview boxes have the same channels or do the better ones have more channels?

Just like analogue TV because of the reception, does each channel have a similar quality instead of one being good and some being rubbish, you know how it is.

thanks to the peeps that have them.

phil.

Ive got the sony box. It is worth every penny in comparison to every other one out at the minute. Forget all the others with top up tv etc because you mase well just get sky in that case. But lord the sony box is immense.. i get 92 channels i use it at home and take it to uni. The picture quality is digital.. so the same as sky. None of this fuzzy stuff you get with regular telly.

My mom bought a tomson box with top up tv on and it was pure wank.. the menus are so confusing but the sony one is set out like sky digital is so its really easy to navigate with. Take a look on ebay if you want it cheaper.. just make sure you get the sony one.. i really cant stress it enough like tom said. Its well worth the money.

we have freeview on our sky box downstairs as we cancelled the sky pacakege is there anyway to connect my tv upto the sky dish?

There is a way but you'll only be able to watch what whoever is watching downstairs.

Do they actually increase the quality at all or does it just convert the analogue to digital just so you can basically get the programs on say cable digital.

Where can you get that NTL chip thing for £150 and what channels does it have, to the "gears" bloke, thanks.

Also, do all the freeview boxes have the same channels or do the better ones have more channels?

Just like analogue TV because of the reception, does each channel have a similar quality instead of one being good and some being rubbish, you know how it is.

thanks to the peeps that have them.

phil.

Picture quality is greatly increased over normal analogue, i never use my tv on analogue now.

Don't know anything about that NTL thing.

All freeview boxes show the same channels regardless of cost. However ones with 'top-up TV' slots allow you to get extra channels at an additional monthly fee, don't know how much though and the extra channels aint all that, google for 'top-up TV' for more info.

All the channels show at the roughly the same (high) quality so there's no snow on five or whatever. My box rates the reception out of ten but you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference between 7 (the worst i ever get) and 10.

Daniel

There is a way but you'll only be able to watch what whoever is watching downstairs.

Picture quality is greatly increased over normal analogue, i never use my tv on analogue now.

Don't know anything about that NTL thing.

All freeview boxes show the same channels regardless of cost. However ones with 'top-up TV' slots allow you to get extra channels at an additional monthly fee, don't know how much though and the extra channels aint all that, google for 'top-up TV' for more info.

All the channels show at the roughly the same (high) quality so there's no snow on five or whatever. My box rates the reception out of ten but you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference between 7 (the worst i ever get) and 10.

Daniel

like spacemunkee said you he got 92 channels on his sony box, this sounds as if you get more channels with the sony box, or is it just a load more radio stations.

So the quality thing sounds good anyway, didn't realise it was that much better.

Phil.

phil its totally dependent on your area to be honest and how good your aerial is. At home like i said i get 90 odd ill quickly check now on the break down of that: just did a quick rescan and got 58 tv channels and 34 radio stations. When im at uni i have to use and indoor aerial and i get 72 channels im unsure of the breakdown of that though at the mo will check on saturday if your still interested.

Basically, it's a digital reciever box, with an operating system installed, and a program. My friend sell's one every known and then. When you plug it in, you leave it to scan, and you recieve every single channel. No matter what TV package you are on, you recieve every channel.

It's called a "D-BOX2" i believe. Just checked ebay, and there is a few there, but without talking to my friend more, i wouldn't know if they come recommended.

They are of course very illegeal, and Sky are even showing adverts about them now, but as far as i know, D-BOX's are un-traceable on NTL, just make sure you hide it when an engineer comes out. ;)

The one's my friend sold, went for quite a high price i believe (near 170 i think), but with downgrading to a basic TV package, you can easily pull it back.

You still need them to enable the TV channel bit of the cable though methinks.

Also you need to type in new key's every now and then (every month I think) for it to work.

Check out www.satdudez.org - and if you ever want a box let me know and I may be able to point you in the right direction :)

The thing with the chip boxes though is that NTL do a scan around random places just to pick it up the boxes what aren't registed with them and then block the card, Then it's no use to you.

But we get a free card every time are's gets blocked so were quite lucky really, i know some people who pay £50 for a card witch is gay.