Why Do Halfords Suck So Bad

c.kezer

hi i was thinking why do halfords suck so bad when they seem to have some very good bikes in stock that look some times to obviously set up wrong and they some times seem to know what there talking about but they just dont have a clue.

<i bought a bike from there agis a go and i literaly had to rebuild it so it would run ok>

chris

hi i was thinking why do halfords suck so bad when they seem to have some very good bikes in stock that look some times to obviously set up wrong and they some times seem to know what there talking about but they just dont have a clue.

<i bought a bike from there agis a go and i literaly had to rebuild it so it would run ok>

chris

Has this topic not all ready been post about a week ago.

sam

Yeah i think halfords do do Work exp cos i was going to do it but then they decided that they didn't have enough staff in order for me to do it, but the told me to come back when i'm 16 and they'd offer me a job / apprentis (sp)

i'm 16 soon and wondering whether to take up their offer, i hear the pay isn't anything special, but the work looks good i know the ins and outs of a car too so i might try and like alternate between bike hut and the car part, but just working on the shop floor would be ok, i'm sure it beats washing up and waiting in a pub

Mike!!!

i've never had any bad experiences with Halfords anyway, the one i go to is actually really helpful

Edit: Did you have to make a new topic about this couldn't you just use on of the others? there is plenty of them. a new one is made about once a month, and they all seem to say the same thing, if you don't like Halfords, thats great.... why do you need to tell the rest of us? were big boys now :lol: we can decide on our own oppinions. sorry to be blunt but i'm starting to get sick of posts complaining about Halfords.

Edited by mike

Im agreeing with you 'mike' im getting pretty pissed off with people complaining about halfords. There is altho a topic going on right now in new members about halfords! Like i said in the other thead, some stores yes you will get complete goons who dont know what they are doing because they havent been on a training course or anything, other stores do have people who know what they are on about!!!!

Just because you have had a bad experance with your store doesnt mean that everybody knows nothing. If you have had a bike that you have had to re-do your self, go into the store, go up to the manager and tell him. Dont make a complaint just suggest that they could do with some training. You could have just had a part timer who has just got a job there build your bike. Sometimes there will be bikes with problems with bikes, but thats just the way things are. If it was a shite PDI on your bike you should have said, and they would have got one of the better people to re-pdi it.

As you know/guessed i work in halfords and do know alot about bikes and very rarely get a complaint about my work. And i know there are alot of stores with people like that, that do know their stuff!!

:)

the otehr topic was started off ages ago. there are also topics on echo v king all the time. and if they want to work in bikehut tehy should know somethin gabout bikes. some are ok, some are shite. there getting worse in my local area. its getting a joke here.

i also work in halfords (part time), and with the exception of one cycle staf member, our whole team are really into bikes, and know a lot.

if you think, halfords has over 300 stores nationwide, with maybe 8 cycle staff per store. of course they cant be 2400 bike-friendly staff members.

Why,just why,every week this same message is posted,people always slag off halfrauds,ok,we know they aren't top notch,but they aren't the worst there is by far !.I'm really suprised this hasn't been closed,Just please use the search next time. *waits for lots of quotes and replys*not having ago,well suppose i am really,but it really is posted that often !

zoo :)

(N) Halfords at the arnison centre in durham are really gay because i went there asking for a headset race and they didnt have one so then i told them what headset it was and what bike it was on and they just said orrrrrr it must be one of those funny headsets supercycles might have them races and i was just so peed off with them because they havent got a clue and their suposed to be a good bike shop and they dont even though how to put a wheel on either whole i was there it took them 4 men to put a back wheel into the dropouts and i was amazed how crap they were :huh:

(N) Halfords at the arnison centre in durham are really gay because i went there asking for a headset race and they didnt have one so then i told them what headset it was and what bike it was on and they just said orrrrrr it must be one of those funny headsets supercycles might have them races and i was just so peed off with them because they havent got a clue and their suposed to be a good bike shop and they dont even though how to put a wheel on either whole i was there it took them 4 men to put a back wheel into the dropouts and i was amazed how crap they were :huh:

our halfords certainly dont sell headset races on their own (if you are talking about crown race), espeially since they differ for basially EVERY headset.

so personally i think you were asking for a stupid item. why would one store stock spares for every little item on a bike?

Edited by tuff_runt

1) They do charge stupid prices.

2) Mechanics are awful.

But, I want to apply for a job there. I bought a bike from there once and had to set it up completely, but what do you expect, same with most bike shops, old guys think they know it all!

4 men to fit 1 wheel? That's crazy!!!!!!!!!!