A New Type Of Video Comp

trials_pimp

Ok, Ive come up with an Idea for a NEW style of Video competition.

Its quite simple really.

The idea is to make a short video Promoting your local area of riding.

IE, Worthing, Bristol, Swindon ect.

These videos can then be used by riders who are tempted to ride a new place, but want to know what is there 1st.

Here be the rules:

1) The videos MUST NOT contain any riding. You can have veiws of riderless bikes sitting about.

This is to make it fair, as some people will be biased towards places with better riders.

2) The video must be from your Local riding are. IE, dont travel 100 Miles to Pathcrawl when you dont live there, just to get a good video.

3) It must only be about you local are. IE you can not include other riding locations that might be very close together, but suburbs of towns are ok.

IE Worthing, can incude Durrington on sea, and East Worthing ect, but cannot incude Brighton, shoreham.

You get it?

4) This is a promotional video to create interest in the areas for riding, not to show people who, and how good they are on a bike.

5) try to get as much variety of the place as you can, dont just shoot scenes from the Street. Look for Natural, Street, Park, all sorts of variation.

There is no real cash prize for the winner, this is for Fun. The Prize for the winner can be the Joy of Having The xWxYxCx coming to their zone and riding with them for the day.

The closing date for entries is the end of Feb, seeing as the weather is a but crap for riding, you can have some time to get promoting for the summer.

All entries will be judged by me, as im not biased towards anyone/where.

That and I dont care for all the artsy stuff, so the winner will be the video that best captures the essence of the area.

Have fun

You know, for once, i think you've actually stumbled across a good idea. :o

Already got some ideas floating in my head.

Will see what others think.

Yep, that's really a cool idea, all the videos submitted should then be sorted and put in a specific category under the riding locations.... that'd be awsome... (Y)

I guess 1 or 2mn runs should be largely enough :D

Need to film that unfamous wood log section in Cambridge :lol:

Yes, you can have a group of riders sitting on their bikes, as long as they arent riding.

And if you mean riding past, or generaly riding along, yes, like I say, as long as there is NO TRIALS or any other sort of stunt/skilled riding.

just remeber, its about the location, not the riders

Woking WILL be representing.

One question, say if i wanted to film a skatepark, or film through a skatepark to look at a rock section or something, it would be virtually impossible to get it empty unless i went at before 7am or after 10pm at which point it will be pitch black so does it matter if theres A few bmxers in it as i wont be directly filming them?

One question, say if i wanted to film a skatepark, or film through a skatepark to look at a rock section or something, it would be virtually impossible to get it empty unless i went at before 7am or after 10pm at which point it will be pitch black so does it matter if theres A few bmxers in it as i wont be directly filming them?

Obviously try and get as little of them in as possible.

If any of them look to be specificly placed, your video will be withdrawn.

Will a montarge of very low quality pic's do.

Yes, that would be cool.

You could come up with a very good advert with some well taken pictures, and a nice soundtrack.....

• 4 weeks later...