Norton Internet Security

Hoot

It depends on your pc spec mate. With norton and mcaffe ( which im using ) you can get the all in one programs. Ive got firewall, virus protection and did have privacy agent but it f**ked with my internet too much. In total it uses about 6 processes :blink: which amounts up to a lot. I only use it because its easier to let it update itself and only has one icon.. but i reckon if its slowing your computer down get some more light weight protection by getting a seperate virus scanner and firewall (although theres nowt wrong with windows firewall)

It depends on your pc spec mate. With norton and mcaffe ( which im using ) you can get the all in one programs. Ive got firewall, virus protection and did have privacy agent but it f**ked with my internet too much. In total it uses about 6 processes :blink: which amounts up to a lot. I only use it because its easier to let it update itself and only has one icon.. but i reckon if its slowing your computer down get some more light weight protection by getting a seperate virus scanner and firewall (although theres nowt wrong with windows firewall)

My pc Spec is..

2.4ghz Sempron 64

1.25gb ram

256mb Nvidia graphcs card

Still slows it down though.

My pc Spec is..

2.4ghz Sempron 64

1.25gb ram

256mb Nvidia graphcs card

Still slows it down though.

You want protection or not?

It can't run at the same speed if it's got to check everythings safe. It would take you much longer to reinstall windows and all you docs/files/settings etc if you get something crap on your PC, don't sweat it!

It can't run at the same speed if it's got to check everythings safe. It would take you much longer to reinstall windows and all you docs/files/settings etc if you get something crap on your PC, don't sweat it!

35 minutes to be precise. Anyway, i'm going to unintall it, ill get the agv free one!

I'm gonna PM you about something, but yeah, I haven't used protection for 9ish years of internet use, I've never had a single major computer crippling virus.

I'm gonna PM you about something, but yeah, I haven't used protection for 9ish years of internet use, I've never had a single major computer crippling virus.

35 min is insain, I thought you meant a few secs like!

I installed a comp once, and before I installed the firewall it was fekked and had to do a clean install!

35 minutes to be precise. Anyway, i'm going to unintall it, ill get the agv free one!

Yeah, do that. Your computer ain't that old, should run fine. It's just that Macafee and Norton use loads of resources just sitting in the background. AVG is much nicer for that :)