Internet Providers Wandoo , Aol , Bt

DEZ

hay guys i got AOL atm but i hate them for reasons so there out (N)

the only good reason about AOL is it has unlimted downlod capacity which i never knew and took advantage of, i cant seam to find a differnt provider with the same spec

- im looking for about 2 meg possibly wireless not too bothered if its wireless.

in any other case ive been looking at wandoo package ist 22.99 its 8 meg and has a 6 gb download capacity or 27.99 for 8 meg with 30gb

this leaves more questions

.can i get 8 meg in my area

.is 8 meg too much or for that priceor is it exclent

.is 6 gb too much or too little download room

take a look for your self providers

p.s im not too sure what my usual download is a moth i usual go on websites msn and play games i do have the usual song now and then or a movie so yeah

so if there are any other providers i am missing out on let me know please

DEZ B)

Edited by DEZ

In the past 6 years I've had Freeserve, BT, Plusnet and now I have Bulldog. I would recommend BT for free equipment and service but I've got Bullldog just for price. I'd heard some bad things about Bulldog but I gave them the benifit of the doubt and everything appears to be fine, in fact I've had them for over a month and I havn't been charged yet...

So, BT if you want free equipment and tech support or Bulldog for price. Also, with download limits I've never had any problems and I download about 1.5gb a day on average.

1. BT

2. Bulldog

3. Wannado

4. Plusnet

Shit, why can I not string a concise and interesting sentance together...

mm thanks for your help buddy ive foudn this and it seams too good to be true mabeu missed somthing but

uk online

read the uk online package its 24.99 per month for 8 meg with unlimited download usage which is kwl and cheaper, fast also free conection only think i can think is ill have to pay for the box so depending on the price this may be the best package

ps is there a problem with getting 8 meg in my area or isit sorta i got broadband here so i can get what i want

and I download about 1.5gb a day on average.

Thats sounds like a fair bit each day! Are you downloading music or something all the time? Just wondering, as im trying to get a rough idea of how much i download a day. This may sound silly, but does basically using the internet and browsing sites eat into monthly usage quite alot?

Stan.

I am on AOL.

The good things :

Unlimated Download

Good Price for the connection speeds.

Bad things:

Disconects alot - Tends to be Server side

Unhelpful Total pricks that dont know what the hell theyre on about.

Ok , recently i have been disconected from 1 - 5 days becuase of theyre service and they say its BT - (This happens alot).

Well i suppose its your choice at the end of the day but my opinion would be a definate NO...

Brad

Pipex

AOL suck hard - i lasted less than 4 days before i changed

I think NTL have a download limit now - for new accounts at least.

I'm with nildram now.

Ive got a 2meg pay as you go thingy for £16 a month - you get 2gb a month but you can buy extra gigabytes so its good for people who don't download loads of dvd rips all the time.

I think they still do a package where you get 50GB downloads per month daytime use plus unlimited night time downloads for about £26 a month (used to be a 2meg line - may be faster now). Service has been faultless so far (6 months) my mum's been using them for about 5 years with no trouble. They'll also do static IP addresses and other such business if you need it.

they're here - www.nildram.net

Not Wanadoo, I was with Freeserve for a few years, then it changed to Wanadoo, got a later today after having 576kbps for at least 4 years saying "Thank you for a long term relationship (or something) we are willing to upgrade your connection to 2MB free of charge." f**king what? Every other company only did that last year you c**ts. But can't be bothered changing.

Thats sounds like a fair bit each day! Are you downloading music or something all the time? Just wondering, as im trying to get a rough idea of how much i download a day. This may sound silly, but does basically using the internet and browsing sites eat into monthly usage quite alot?

Stan.

Well, I usually have Torrents downloading 20 hours a day and I lke to make the most of my bandwidth :)

I think regular browsing shouldn't use more than a few tens of mb an hour.

I'm not a faqn of Freeserve/Wannado after being kicked off of their 56k service for 'excessive use' :lol: