Body Building V2

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Alright people.

Im really bored and my mam wont take me to the gym :angry:

Lol

so i though i might aswell start a new topic (Y)

Does anyone have a really good workout regeam? (sp?)

ATM, mine is...

Monday - Arms and Chest

Tuesday - Shoulders Abs

Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - Back and Abs

Friday - Legs

Saturday (if i can be arsd) - Cardio workout

Sunday - Always a day of rest :) )

Anyone got a better one that that?

Anyone suggest some good Creatine for around £30?

Wednesdays - Biceps Triceps

Fridays - Chest, Back

Saturdays - Shoulders, legs, abs

Sundays - Abs and anything missed from day before

I dont take individual supplements.. just take optibol.. classed as a meal replacement but it has everything in including designer creatine. £30

Also i would suggest you dont do arms the same day as chest. As chest exercises pretty much use compound movements, ie require your arms. You may find your arms fail before your chest does ( or a lot sooner than they should ) if you do them on the same day. For example.. doing bench press uses your triceps a lot as well as your chest, therefor if you train your arms that day it is likely they will fail first.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Also i would suggest you dont do arms the same day as chest. As chest exercises pretty much use compound movements, ie require your arms. You may find your arms fail before your chest does ( or a lot sooner than they should ) if you do them on the same day. For example.. doing bench press uses your triceps a lot as well as your chest, therefor if you train your arms that day it is likely they will fail first.

that isnt too true really.

My arms dont fail really, i do the same stuff as what i would do if say, i was training shoulders and arms?

Im on a 2 week break will be starting again next week not sure of a routine yet.

Monday - Arms and Chest

Wednesday/Thursday - Back and Abs

Saturday - Generally workout

Will prob be doing 100 push up, situps and some extremes of each everyday.

All from this Sunday.

My plan to put on maybe beef up my upper body and get some more definition. I want increase my chest size by 5inches which is prob pushing it. I want to increase my biceps and ticeps by a few inches. Not sure how long a period but lets say 6months.

I want to be benching 100kg in 6 months

I want to be doing 30kg flies but I doubt that

Edited by Michael Hardman

My plan to put on maybe beef up my upper body and get some more definition. I want increase my chest size by 5inches which is prob pushing it. I want to increase my biceps and ticeps by a few inches. Not sure how long a period but lets say 6months.

i say 2 years

i say 2 years

Time for the drugs me think.

Ok then a year lets go for it, its my new years resolution and I have 9monthd till I start uni again.

I really want that upside down pyramid look you know the one dont play stupid.

I need to moviate myself more for the gym I end up not doing much there becasue I get too tired maybe winding myself up and getting really pissed off will help.

Edited by Michael Hardman

Chest:

30KG bench (10 reps)

50KG bench (10 Reps)

60KG - 65KG (6-8 Reps)

Smith 30KG (incline)

Smith 40Kg (incline)

Cable cross over 3 sets upping the weight by 10LB each time (start on 50LB per arm)

Peck Deck, setting 6, 8 , 10

Arms:

Warm up with 12.5 KG dumbells

15Kg Dumbells

17.5 KG Dumbells

Zed Bar - 10KG on each side, 12.5 on each side, 15 on each side.

Tricep pull downs (with the top setting on cable cross over machine) setting 8, 10, 12

Laying down triceps on the bench with a barbel :)

Thats my workout on mondays :)

P.S, i dont really ride too much nowadays

But if i do ride, its on the sundays :P

My arms soo far :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by terror-error

Chest:

30KG bench (10 reps)

50KG bench (10 Reps)

60KG - 65KG (6-8 Reps)

Thats quite a big jump between weights. Why dont you have a go at a pyramid cycle, if your managing 65kg for 6 reps you should be able to do a lot more this way.

Example: 10 reps 55

8 reps 60

6 reps 65

4 reps 70

Then go back up.. 6 reps 65 etc again. This is only a suggestion you can vary the difference in weights, just your only doing a total of 28 reps on the bench total at the mo.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Thats quite a big jump between weights. Why dont you have a go at a pyramid cycle, if your managing 65kg for 6 reps you should be able to do a lot more this way.

Example: 10 reps 55

8 reps 60

6 reps 65

4 reps 70

Then go back up.. 6 reps 65 etc again. This is only a suggestion you can vary the difference in weights, just your only doing a total of 28 reps on the bench total at the mo.

It varys on how many reps i can do between 60Kg and 65KG some times.

I can deffinatly get 4 reps everytime i go, with 60KG, some times i can get 6 - 8, but it just varys!

Some times i can only get 2 reps with 65Kg Im f**ked up hehe!

My 1 Rep Max is 75Kg now B)

Alright people.

Monday - Arms and Chest

Tuesday - Shoulders Abs

Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - Back and Abs

Friday - Legs

Saturday (if i can be arsd) - Cardio workout

Sunday - Always a day of rest :) )

With this routine, I can see you lasting approximately 1 month then getting totally bored of living at the gym. From your above plan, you intend to spend 5 of 7 days a week there. If you're serious about bulking then remove the cardio day. Cardio should be your enemy. It is a waste of precious calories that could be better spent through the means of lifting and the recovery process. I'm going to assume you're a healthy person with a relatively active lifestyle and say trials is a pretty good form of cardiovascular exercise. If you ride regularly you should be fine...

I suggest something similar to what I do:

Monday - Legs & Forearms

Tuesday -

Wednesday - Back, Biceps and Shoulders

Thursday -

Friday -

Saturday - Chest Triceps and Abs

Sunday -

This is just my gym routine and it allows a fair amount of time off for recovery. I believe earlier in the thread somebody mentioned that you use your triceps when benching which is correct. Therefore, these two muscle sets would be well grouped in a workout for a particular day.

My key tip to you is diet. Without the high protein diet you aren't going to notice a lot of improvements. You'll notice gains for a couple of weeks then the gains will slow and eventually you may plateau off if you aren't overloading and training right. As my good friend Alexx once said.. 'BBing starts in the kitchen.' :)

Random afterthought... remember to overload... Everytime you return to the gym to work the same muscle group your aim should be to increase the reps or weight to keep overloading your muscles or you wont notice the gains. The way i do it is basically most of my exercises are done in 3 sets of 8 and each week I increase the rep by 1 or 2 until I hit 3 sets of 12 then I whack up the weight and drop the reps back down slightly. This works well. :)

Have fun and I hope you achieve your gym goals. (Y)

Hope at least some of this helped,

Freddie. B)

Hey freddie just wondering, why you chose to do forearms on the same days as legs?

Well they get worked a lot just holding weights and stuff so they don't need much attention really. I just stuck them in with my least busiest day. (Y) Good workouts for them are forearm curls and gripping the clips you put on the end of barbells until failure.. a few times. :P

Edited by Freddie

Well they get worked a lot just holding weights and stuff so they don't need much attention really. I just stuck them in with my least busiest day. (Y) Good workouts for them are forearm curls and gripping the clips you put on the end of barbells until failure.. a few times. :P

Least busiest day?!? :S legs is really hard working day... cause you move most your body and stuff :Slol

Clips on the end of the barbells? what will this acheive?

Dude forearm curls are absolute killers, i do them reverse too to get top and bottom of the forearm. After 5 sets it feels like the muscle is trying to rip out the skin. I cant do any work afterwards my hands go spasticated

Dude forearm curls are absolute killers, i do them reverse too to get top and bottom of the forearm. After 5 sets it feels like the muscle is trying to rip out the skin. I cant do any work afterwards my hands go spasticated

See when you are training forarms.

Do you knoe where you rest your forarms on the bench, and grab a sraight bar, and curl your forarms, This ABSOLUTLY fooooking kills my wrists and outer part of my forarms!

So, would doing the same technique, but using a dumbell work?

as all your wanting is the weight afterall....

Cheers fred, really good post (Y)

When ever i go, i try and up the weight slightly on my benchpress, but i just cant do it :(

Might try it on the 12.5KG bar, so i can add 1KG weights and stuff?

Sometimes you can only just accomplish a complete set of say 8 reps of something. Therefore it is a bit unrealistic to then return just 7 days later and be able to lift 2.5+kg more. Remember you don't have to just increase the weight to overload, you can increase the reps as an alternative. If you get into a set routine of trying 1-2 more reps each time you return to the gym and when you hit 12 reps increase the weight and lower the reps back to the 8 or 9 region, you can't really go wrong. (Y)

In reply to the forearm curls bit... Tis good if they are killers :D This is why I do them after I've done my legs and also on a competely separate day to the rest of my arms.

Edit

I train them with a barbell and I do it standing up holding my arms approx shoulder width apart. At my gym we have some smaller fixed weight barbells that range from 10kg to 30kg. You'll find you can't lift as much when doing reverse so drop the weight down 2-4kg ish.

Edited by Freddie

Rob i use two dumbells only 5kgs because my one wrist is still f**ked after a biking misshap. Have my forearms on the bench with the dumbells hanging over.. then curl the wrists lifting the dumbells.. do that for 10 reps. Then i turn my forearms over and do the same again curlling the other way for 10 reps. Do that for 5 sets and the last few your arms are f**ked. Infact i remember nearly squealing like a girl last time i did them in the gym. My mates disowned me ;)

Forearms on leg day is correct, forearms are a small and fast recovering muscle. They can happily be worked 3+ times a week, same as calfs.

Doing upper body work will more than work your forarms, hardly any pro's will do any specific exercise for forarms, every exercise involving gripping and moving indirectly hits them.

On leg day they remain unworked, so logically to reach the best potential you add forearms to your leg day.