Body Building V2

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Im not so skinny these days although 70 may be pushing it.

cool cool.

I do drop sets on barbell bicep curls (sometimes)

I start off with 32.5kg

Then down to 27.5

then to 22.5

Then on 17.5 i do a fast set of 20 reps (Y)

Its really hard to do STRAIGHT after each other, without a break in between lol

Can anyone reccomend a gym routing for me?

I'm 14 and have been to a ''gym'' at my school three or four times and i was just doing dips with weights in a belt type thing and chinups the same, and then just like benchpressing random amounts to see how much i could do, I'm 14 and 11 stone but only have 12% body fat so what should i work on achieving? a ripped look or strength?

I should be going to a real gym 3/4 times a week and aim to cover everything (Y)

Appearance i doubt it.. since your doing it 6 times a week you wont put as much effort in as say.. if you did it 4 times a week with isolating different areas of your body so you are fully charged with energy and ready to unleash the fist of fury on those damn bitch tits. Sorry i went on a bit of a tangent there.. but anyways...

Strength yes.. your moving weight. So your strength will go up.. really quick to start with then sort of level off. If you up weights too fast you stall.. so take it slow.

All i do is ride and i have a pull up bar on my door frame which makes my arms hurt. Do you lot not find the gym really boring? Or is working towards being like the hulk or whatever make it worthwhile?

Ian

I always thought the gym would be stupidly boring.. until i went with a couple of mates that take it serious (not overly but they know their goals, watch their weight, proper routine and eat well). I just decided to join to see what it was like.. went a few times and found it became more addictive than riding ( god forbid). You just got hooked on it.. i preffered to go to the gym than riding so then i ended up just doing that.. probably been riding 5 times between septemeber and january.

IF you train 6 times a week, doing anyweights (going to the gym n messing about and doing all the machines you look at) then you WONT see any diffrence. you need to train one part of a muscle group properly, and hardly, before it will start to pump enough to build.

BTW, muscles dont grow whilst training, they grow inbetween.

So if you eat healthy (high protein meals and alike) and rest properly, then your muscles get what they need and grow :)

gotta love mens health...

combines of the following

front cover.. close up pic of abs

under that.. "get great abs with our killer routine in just (insert random amount of time below 3 weeks)"

then beside that somewhere "fat loss.. the low down"

Use the internet for routines if you want some good ones. But if its working for you.. stick with it for a few weeks.

• 1 month later...

Decided to drag this bad boy up from the depths, hows everyones training going?

Ive just started my own program will have been 2 weeks this sunday since i started and its working so damn good for me. Ive been plagued with little injuries currently stuck with bruised bones in my forearms from doing preacher curls so im keeping well away from all that for 3 weeks. Also decided to invest in a new supplement called surge.. tasted so skank..had to force it down but now im actually getting addicted.. it tastes of pure sugar ;).

Also had my skin fold taken today (1st of 3 that im going to be having up until summer). Measured at 8 sites i had a sum of 55.9mm at 62.3kg. I know BF% calculators can be pretty damn unaccurate.. up to 10% but does anyone know of anything that could give me a rough idea just for now? im guessing i must be around 10 - 12ish?. Had it done simply because going by my weight is meaningless at the mo, been stuck at 62kg since septemeber even though im eating crap as f**k. Hopefully when i move in to a house ill get the good diet going :)

Ive started to get back to working out every other day lately, simply because I can't ride due to a wrist injury (left wrist, not my right thank god! haha). I used to work out quite a lot at the age of 15/16, but havent for a year and half!

Just out of curiosity, how much can you guys 1 rep max on things like:

Butterflies (e.g. going down to horizontal, with straight arms, weight in kgs per dumbell)?

Bench press (kgs), etc?

I met an old mate at the gym the other day, and foook me he's powerful now! He's only 16/17, but can benchpress 120kg.. :S

Edited by SQuiT-man

Ive started to get back to working out every other day lately, simply because I can't ride due to a wrist injury (left wrist, not my right thank god! haha). I used to work out quite a lot at the age of 15/16, but havent for a year and half!

Just out of curiosity, how much can you guys 1 rep max on things like:

Butterflies (e.g. going down to horizontal, with straight arms, weight in kgs per dumbell)?

Bench press (kgs), etc?

I met an old mate at the gym the other day, and foook me he's powerful now! He's only 16/17, but can benchpress 120kg.. :S

i do 10kg on decline flies 7x5, i used to do 15kg (10 8 6 failurex2) on flat but couldnt be arsed with them in the end. Ive seen some scarey weights been done.. 35kg - 40kg.

120kg bench is impressive infact.. not being a cock but it is hard to beleive when i know guys my age who are doing up to 127kg and thats training for 3 years..but meh.. if hes been training it hard its easily done. Havent done 1 rep max on bench in months ive just been sticking with volume, 7 reps 5 sets on 50kg. Kills my chest a lot better than doing drop sets.

Edited by Spacemunkee

i do 10kg on decline flies 7x5, i used to do 15kg (10 8 6 failurex2) on flat but couldnt be arsed with them in the end. Ive seen some scarey weights been done.. 35kg - 40kg.

120kg bench is impressive infact.. not being a cock but it is hard to beleive when i know guys my age who are doing up to 127kg and thats training for 3 years..but meh.. if hes been training it hard its easily done. Havent done 1 rep max on bench in months ive just been sticking with volume, 7 reps 5 sets on 50kg. Kills my chest a lot better than doing drop sets.

Lol, you should see this guy. He's about 6 foot 3 as a guess, but I remember when I was going gliding with him a couple of years ago, he was 19 stone (probs about 15 years old), so tenchnically wasn't allowed in the front cockpit. If you have ever seen the film "Of mice and men", he reminds me a lot of lennie- a really nice simple down-to-earth guy, who is naturally built gigantically (and a bit overweight lol). I'm chuffed with my 80kg press i did the other day though, 5 reps, but I'm only 12 stone.

I can't ride atm, so I'm gunna go full-out into some bodybuilding perhaps. I can already fly 24kg per hand max, although it canes like helll lol.

Are you all into protein shakes or anything? I really reccomend myprotein.co.uk- I got 5kg of whey for £32, so I find it pretty good to just blend a huge amount of the stuff into a shake after each time I go to the gym, say about 100g powder into a pint of milk

What do you guys recommend as a supplement for increasing muscle mass?

My diet isnt the best, not always through choice!

Protein by the bucketload!

Either order some whey protein that you can mix into milkshakes, or get loads of protein out of eating as much meat and eggs as you can. If you want, you could supplement on something like ZMA capsules aswell (as through working in the gym, your muscles often develop minor deficiencies in zinc and magnesium, found in the caps), I've just started doing that.