26 Front, 24 Rear

tuff_runt

me again :)

so, my 24 inch street bike, running trailblades at front, so obviosuly can't run v-brakes on the 24inch front. so, instead of buying the base trials forks with adjustable mounts, should i run a 26 inch front, and 24 rear?

it would also allow me to run a fat 2.5 rear tyre, and then a thinner front.

i've used 26/24 before and seemed fine with it, but will it be awful for street-trials?

I know a lad who did that round here. He didn't seem to have a problem with it except when he went for an up as he was used to 24" front, the 26" got in the way and he would accidently front bump each time

you'd have to buy a bowler hat, and a suit, cause you'd look like you were riding a penny farthing.... i've attached a picture for clarity... its a 26" front, and a 24" rear

PMSL that reminds me of Adam down New Bo.

And just because you want to be known as "gentleman kev" and get sixsixone to make a bowler hat helmet just for you - doesn't mean we want to. :P

I put a 26" wheel in the front of my 24" trials bike for shits and giggles one day. It wasn't actually as different as you would imagine, it only raises the front up by an inch if you're using the same forks. So it is rideable. Having said that, your forks are already really long and it's not a trials bike, so it probably won't ride that nice. My advice would probably be to give up trying to turn that bike into a trials bike. There aren't really any useful bits. Just save up for a proper trials bike, or at least frame and forks (Y)