What Made You Want To Do Trials

just wondering what made all of us start trials in the first place.

The biggest thing that made me start trials was a website (www.26twenty.com) with a couple of videos on it.Cant remember who told me about the site, but once i saw the videos a few hundred times i have been hooked.

post what got you hooked on trials riding.

Callum

years ago my brother went on a cycling holiday in bolivia, I was soo jelous of his bike I just had to have one, so I got a mtb and took up riding (nothing in particular, just did a few rides and so on)

I then started doing tricks and loved showing off, I wished there was just a form of biking that was just tricks...I got an issue of mbuk and saw martyn ashton, martin haywes and hans ray riding over stuff, I thought it was amazing and so started trials.

back then no one really did trials, so it wasnt like there were any trials riders local to me for me to watch.

If I had seen bmxing, I probably would have taken that up instead.

Kept on see'ing Ali and Wad etc around my area, and then I found out loads of people in my year did it... I just sorta' started lol..

yeh same ere mat.

also one of my mate stared and i realy wanted to start so i did and i love doing tricks ans stuff.

chris

I started trying to do more technical stuff on a XC bike.... but was getting sick of everything getting in the way......... then someone pointed out trials bikes (no sus and no seat), so I got one of them.

Thats when it really took off. Before that, it was just get ups, jump offs and side hops.

I got into it when I saw Granty getting up walls and riding over rocks on a BIKE and I was amazed. It first I thought I would never be able to do it but a few months later I got my self a T-pro and started riding! now I am a semi recovering trials addict :- .

My cousin was doing it, at the time i was skating so he asked me if i wanted to come out and i said yea ok ill come out.. about 15 mins later i saw his koxx level boss 20" long, i can't remember what i said. Then i see him doing really cool looking shit, i said ive seen a trials bike before and i liked the bikes so i wanted to start but never got the chance because i never really knew the tricks i had only seen a trial hop back then.

Anyway a couple of months later i bought his old onza t-vee, i loved it as soon as it had a rear brake, i couldn't trial hop for over a month untill my cousin asked me to come out again so i did, by this time i was getting fustrated and i couln't find a reason why i wasn't learning. Anyway i see him trial hopping just doing the basics so i thought to myself hmmmm.. Ill try and pretend im him doing the same thing., so i got onto the backwheel (i could only do that at this stage), and just jumped but i had no control nothing really so i fell off and smashed my knee, i got up and tryed it again though and from there i progressed.

I couldn't get proper control of my trial hops for about another month. That would be to this day, and Tom told me i had quiet good control, i was pleased that i am now trial hopping good enough to do a drop.

Well thats what got me started on trials. bit off a life story but i like the information. (Y)

Rob. B)

I did motorcycle trials from the age of 6, my Dad bought me a old Monty

to practice my balance & stuff on & it went from there. I rode motorbikes

at national level & took it quite serious but to be in the top 3 in the country

you have to be on your bike every night for like 4 hrs & were we live that

was not possible. :(

So i switched to biketrials which makes sense because when i am not sleeping

i am on my bike. :) (except on here) <_<

Well about 3 months ago i had a puncture and urgently needed a bike, so my mate lent me his Base.

i found it hard to ride , after i got back he started showing me hops.. next thing i knew i had bought the bike off him and was hoping myself! Now ive taken it further and bought a tpro!

"Thanks again mate for lending me that bike" :D

The main thing that made me want to do trials is when i watched a Hans Rey video (Big Five), then a few years later i saw a guy doing trials on a 2003 Onza T-Mag, so i decided to buy a Onza T-Pro and start doing trials.