Tandem Skydive

that NBR dude

Not yet but hopefully if all my plans go right then i'm going to getting paid to be jumping out of planes, thats after booting a tank out first.

I've talked to loads of people who've done it and all they say is once your down you just want to get back up and jump again, theres no other feeling like it in the world (Y)

Damo

My mate is a profestional sky diver and he says its the best thing he has ever dont (still after 2000 odd jumps) Im doing a tandem at the end of febuary and cant wait. Obviously its gonna be scary and i will actually poop my self but so looking forward to it! :D

Apperently after one jump you will be hooked!!

I'm not surprised mate. I am so excited about it, I've always loved doing things that are risky, somehow it reminds me I'm alive. On my list of things yet to do is base jumping (be doing that in '07/'08 in NZ), bungee jumping, paragliding and a hell of a lot more.

It'll be an amazing experience and I know I'll never forget it.

I'm not surprised mate. I am so excited about it, I've always loved doing things that are risky, somehow it reminds me I'm alive. On my list of things yet to do is base jumping (be doing that in '07/'08 in NZ), bungee jumping, paragliding and a hell of a lot more.

Bungee jumping is one of the scariest things I have ever done ! Did one at work when we had a charity jump, off a 200ft crane! I shat myself

You sound like me. I've got a list of things to do, bungee jump before i'm 20, and parachute and base jump before i'm 25.

Out of interest, you couldn't give us some details on your parachute jump, like where and how much? And same for base jump if you know anything about that?

I haven't put a time cap on any of the things I want to do but I won't be satisfied until I've done at least some of them. The last thing I want is to be stuck behind a desk somewhere typing up reports or calculating figures for some company. I want to get out into the world and experience things. There's nothing like the feeling you get when your life is on the line, or when you're stood on top of or next to something staggeringly beautiful. When I was stood on the peak of the active volcano Mount Teide in Tenerife I was pretty much speechless. There aren't many words you can think of the describe the beauty of something like that.

Anyway, as for the parachute jump - it's happening through my school (Sandown High) and I'm doing it to raise money for the Dream Come True Foundation (DCTF). It's costing me £250-£320, the higher price includes a recorded DVD of my jump (a cameraman will dive alongside me) and will take place somewhere in Oxford but I'll need to look it up for you as I can't remember off the top of my head. I don't know any of the details for the Base Jumping yet, it's pretty much a loose agreement between myself and family I have down there (a cousin of mine does it fairly often in Oakland/Christchurch/Akaroa), nothing has been set in stone though.