How Long?!

Dr Greenthumb

I've got a t-mag 05 had it a year now, it never dented or snapped come to think of it it's harley scrathed ether and it's got the old bashplate. (Y)

my bashplate has taken a hammering and it's fine at the moment, i've just gotten worried over the stories i've heard about the frame snapping after 5 weeks etc

neither of them are shite . .

Ive had an 05 t-pro for a while now( 5-6 months or so), I've been smacking it into walls and its fine. The forks are really solid (anyone who's seen me properly fook up a tap can testify to that) in fact they're probably the main reason most frames snap where they do. There are also a lot of broken t-pro frames because there are a lot of t-pro frames.

the 05 t-mag had (they may changed it) a slightly shite way of attaching the bashguard to the downtube which resulted in a couple of people punching a hole in their frame after landing really hard on the bash.

don't worry about either of them - if it breaks they give you a new one half price and it probably won't unless you're incredibly fat, very unlucky or you do something stupid like ride it with a dirty great crack

I would say its the same with most bikes on the market.

Its all about how you ride, if you are an aggressive rider then the bike will take more punishment.

Also it depend how good you are if you are a new rider then more drops will go wrong than someone who has been riding for 10yrs.

Callum

The earlier(beginnin of 2005) t-mags had a poorly designed bash-frame attatchment and supposedly weak downtube, I know trialsboy560 dented his within a few days, however the newer ones are supposed to be better, matt Staples had one for a few weeks and didn't manage to dent it so it must be able to take some abuse (Y)

No Bike will last forever, Not even the Zoo :lol: eventually all bike frames will snap and the world will come to an end :P

But seriously though the main reason your hear so many people talking about their T-Pro snapping is becase the T-Pro is one of the most popular bikes.

Mike!!!

Four months (i think) after having my frame, i landed on the top bolt of the bash, luckily it only dented, it didn't tear a big hole around the bolt, but my frame has gone square as well now :( But if mine goes soon i will be getting a new one, hopefully a GU, don't worry i won't do it on purpose :shifty::lol: